What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV QB Tate Martell (Verbal to Ohio State)

I think USC is likely to get eliminated. System doesn't really suit Martell. Plus, it's going to be a tough path to starting early there with Browne there through 2017 and Darnold only a freshman.

I think USC is likely to get eliminated. System doesn't really suit Martell. Plus, it's going to be a tough path to starting early there with Browne there through 2017 and Darnold only a freshman.
Plus they have one of the top 2018 QBs already. But Dwayne Haskins at OSU is pretty serious competition as well.

Biggins is probably the scout I respect the most from the premium sites. Here's what he says about Martell:

Martell is undersized but has some nice physical tools to work with. He has a very live arm, can consistently spin the football and is accurate on the short, intermediate and deep throws. He's a very good athlete with a strong lower body and moves around very well in and out of the pocket. He's a dual threat quarterback who plays with a poise and maturity beyond his years and has an incredible work ethic off the field-Biggins

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1675793-elite-11-finals-day-three-notebook

Trying not to get too invested in a HS jr., but a successful recruitment if this kid looks to me like a potential game/program changer. Like a once in a decade opportunity.

Am I over-hyping this?

Trying not to get too invested in a HS jr., but a successful recruitment if this kid looks to me like a potential game/program changer. Like a once in a decade opportunity.

Am I over-hyping this?

No, not at all. Not only will he be a game changer, it would also likely mean that other top-tier recruits would like to join him at CU. It would definitely be a program changer.

I think he is so game changing that him liking his summer UV enough could lead to a lot of talent coming with him on an OV during the season.

Obviously the best thing ever would be him committing and signing with us, but being in the conversation could help leaps and bounds as well.

Him being an early enrollee could allow him to have an impact as a freshman which would be huge.

The football stuff was funny. Interesting that the different brand was throwing him off a bit.

Sounds like he knows what he is looking for in a school and he has no disillusions about where CU is right now. Good spot to be in. That negative recruiting can't be used against us really because he already understands it.

A commit this summer would be gigantic. The commits that would follow... CU would be on its way back.

So it sounds like USC and UCLA will be getting UV's because of proximity and he will save his OV's for CU Cal OSU and maybe WVU.

Could be huge in getting Perry, Bolden, Rogers, maybe even Lindsey and more guys he knows. You simply can't understate it and what getting him to do for the program. I think we're perfect opportunity for him to sort of build things his way and have a chance to play immediately, the foundation is there and he can help the Rise come to fruition.

Could be huge in getting Perry, Bolden, Rogers, maybe even Lindsey and more guys he knows. You simply can't understate it and what getting him to do for the program. I think we're perfect opportunity for him to sort of build things his way and have a chance to play immediately, the foundation is there and he can help the Rise come to fruition.

I mentioned it on the tweet machine, but Martell would be to MacIntyre what Aunese was to McCartney. It would have the potetial to change everything if we landed him.

I mentioned it on the tweet machine, but Martell would be to MacIntyre what Aunese was to McCartney. It would have the potetial to change everything if we landed him.

Or relating it more to Tate's timeline, he'd be like Johnny Manziel at CU. Bringing a traditional power program back to the national spotlight.

Or relating it more to Tate's timeline, he'd be like Johnny Manziel at CU. Bringing a traditional power program back to the national spotlight.
Multiple ways to present it, all pointing to the same thing. He is a special talent and it would indicate a serious shift in the winds if CU landed him and his buddies.

Since the top 6, I figured it's Cal, UCLA, or us. If he was going to tOSU or USC, I don't think it would be as wide open. Cal seems like the early favorite from this interview.
I don't see how you can come to that conclusion on his favorite when all he said was Top 3 for Cal and basically said the same thing plus more on CU. OSU is definitely in his top 3 and widely considered the heavy favorite and the tOSU staff still feels very good about their chances. I think he's just kept the LA schools in there for fun, tOSU basically has them beat in everything he wants. But I think CU presents an intriguing opportunity for him and he just likes Spav a lot so he's kept Cal in the running, and both schools present a great opportunity at playing early and I think he's still uncertain on just how important that is to him (probably a lot in the end).

I wasn't really concerned about USC but they did go after dual threat qbs this year so maybe their philosophy has changed with Helton. The only thing USC doesn't have for him is playing time.

I don't see how you can come to that conclusion on his favorite when all he said was Top 3 for Cal and basically said the same thing plus more on CU. OSU is definitely in his top 3 and widely considered the heavy favorite and the tOSU staff still feels very good about their chances. I think he's just kept the LA schools in there for fun, tOSU basically has them beat in everything he wants. But I think CU presents an intriguing opportunity for him and he just likes Spav a lot so he's kept Cal in the running.

Feels like he is really weighing whether or not he wants to the pressure of being THE guy. At CU he would have some serious pressure, but if he was successful would be a legend. tOSU already has the championships and the platform to win more. He would be a guy on a team there though. A key piece no doubt, but the pressure wouldn't be all on him. Cal is kind of interesting. Mostly because I don't trust Dykes and staff to stick around much longer.

Recent Twitter Follows - MacIntyre :), a CU Cheerleader :) & Davis Webb :mad:

Davis Webb was throwing/mentoring at the Elite 11 Finals. That one doesn't really bother me, he just spent 2 days learning from the guy. Adding the random cheerleader is intersting though

Sounds like CU in his Top 3. 50/50 on committing this summer. What was on his mind with CU is the talent coming in and who he can get to come with him.

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...76127-5-star-tate-martell-breaks-down-final-5

55515369.jpg

Colorado - "Gotta grab other guys to go there with you though." Hmm.

He knows its a rebuild and if he is going to win as much as he wants to and position himself for the nfl, he knows he is going to need help. Good thing he has a lot of friends on the west coast and at Bishop Gorman.

Back