What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV QB Tate Martell (Verbal to Ohio State)

zpZL6bN.gif

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who heard Tate say CU in 17 at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.
Thank you Simone

Martell transferred to another HS this week as Bishop Gorman doesn't allow early graduation and he wants to enrol early

Haha. This kid is too short anyways. We don't need anymore Cody Hawkins situations on our hands.
Weird random insult. Cody wasn't a near 5-star. Short doesn't automatically mean failure as a QB, otherwise Russell Wilson would not exist. Kid's fully deserving of his highly ranked status regardless of his height, would have loved to have him, but happy with Lytle. He'll be fun to watch at Ohio State.

Weird random insult. Cody wasn't a near 5-star. Short doesn't automatically mean failure as a QB, otherwise Russell Wilson would not exist. Kid's fully deserving of his highly ranked status regardless of his height, would have loved to have him, but happy with Lytle. He'll be fun to watch at Ohio State.

Okay, didn't mean to insult the kid. I just mean more often than not QB's have better success being taller is stature. Good luck to him at OSU. Beyond happy we landed Lytle instead though.

Martell transferred to another HS this week as Bishop Gorman doesn't allow early graduation and he wants to enrol early
You gotta love that there's some high school out there that will let Martell transfer in and then graduate him the same month.

You gotta love that there's some high school out there that will let Martell transfer in and then graduate him the same month.

That really is a joke. If you want to play at Bishop Gorman you should have to take the good with the bad. If that means graduating on time so be it.

The fact that schools want to hold a kid back for an extra semester to take some bull**** classes they don't need, probably in order to get more money for tuition is stupid. If the kids have the classes/grades to graduate and go to college let them go.

That really is a joke. If you want to play at Bishop Gorman you should have to take the good with the bad. If that means graduating on time so be it.

Wait a minute, your an idiot. Him going to school early is one of the reasons Moretti is comming to CU.

The fact that schools want to hold a kid back for an extra semester to take some bull**** classes they don't need, probably in order to get more money for tuition is stupid. If the kids have the classes/grades to graduate and go to college let them go.
BG is private right? Aren't players like Martell and Tyjon Lindsay, etc that are only coming there for football (they aren't even from NV) basically put on a scholarship?

Wait a minute, your an idiot. Him going to school early is one of the reasons Moretti is comming to CU.

Moretti goes to his public school which doesn't have a policy against early graduation.

Martell's situation is more similar to Lytle's at Servite, where I believe they strongly frown on early graduation but don't have an ironclad policy against it.

Moretti goes to his public school which doesn't have a policy against early graduation.

Martell's situation is more similar to Lytle's at Servite, where I believe they strongly frown on early graduation but don't have an ironclad policy against it.

The point I was trying to make is Moretti wanted to start school early and OSU did not have the space. Martell is taking up one of those early enrollment spots so he helped the Buffs by graduating early and taking one of the early enrollment spots.

I'm genuinely curious about the reasoning behind the no early graduation policy. Seems like it would be a good thing for the school. I don't see the problem.

I'm genuinely curious about the reasoning behind the no early graduation policy. Seems like it would be a good thing for the school. I don't see the problem.
I would guess loss of tuition money. It's probably 5-10k a semester to go there

I have no idea if this is the case at BG but some schools, especially those who see themselves as preparatory schools for higher quality colleges, have what they consider to be a four year educational plan. They include classes in the final semester which they consider important in preparation for success in a challenging college program.

They also may consider the social and educational experiences of the entire senior year as an important part of the development of their students.

Don't say that I agree with any of this but it is out there especially with a lot of the private schools.

Back