What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 Recruiting wish list

With limited schollies left to give out and so many potential top targets left, I could see the Buffs ending up at anywhere from 28-32 recruits. They might really have to juggle with a few recruits, seeking greyshirts or pushing them out the door. There could always be some attrition too that we don't know about. Having said that, I would guess that the priorities for The Rise would be:

* 1. Falo, TE (He would be the only one left CU would take and maybe their top target)
* 2. Elliss (1), Rogers (2), Daniels (3), Pili (4) and Schuman (5), DT (Really think CU will take two out of this group)
* 3. Cotton (1), Boldin (2), Perry (3), Calloway (4) and Boyce (5), DB (Cotton is in hopefully and would love to pull off the AZ connection. Could be between 1-3)
* 4. Chaisson, DE (Buffs in the top 6 and a longshot, but you wouldn't pass him up)
* 5. Davis (1) and Roddick (2), OL (The only way we add more here is for one of these guys. Trying really hard to buy into the Davis hype)
* 6. Benjamin (1), Williams (2) and McElroy (3), RB (I'm not sure if McElroy has a standing offer and I don't think the Buffs add another RB unless it's one of the other two)
* 7. Horton (1) and Noa (2), LB ( Probably done here, but might take one of these two)

With 23 counting towards this class already I'm going to say that the least CU ends up with is 27, but if they crush UCLA and keep steamrolling The Rise maybe it gets inside the heads of these kids and the Buffs hit a grand slam. It would surprise me, but not shock me to see CU end up with Falo, Rogers, Daniels, Cotton, Perry, Boldin, Chaisson and maybe Benjamin. That would create a buzz not heard in a long time in Boulder... THE RISE!!!
There are 4 or 5 early enrollees who count for 2016 right? Then we could see some gray shirts... I think in that outside LB spot and one WR stands out in my mind. That leaves 11-12 spots open for 25. Then the natural attrition from the current roster.

Not seeing any discussion of a scholly for a PLACE KICKER?!?! hello?
fgwv.gif

But those top tier players are also the ones most likely to switch commitments at the last minute, creating a domino effect for better or worse. If a quarterback (for example) has been committed for two years, and in January, late in the process, a higher ranked QB commits to the same school, the first quarterback may decide he has a better chance of playing, starting or just being a quarterback, at another school with greater needs. So everything can move at that point, which is always interesting. Players have changed their minds standing in front of the fax machine on signing day. And they are entitled to, as long as there's a school out there who has a scholarship available and still wants them.

CSU already had the press release ready when Waldo's son decided to sign with CU.

Have also been a few kids over the years who were good enough to know that they would have options and who didn't sign right on signing day instead waiting to see who signed with their which schools first.

I'm over the moon is we land Moretti! Another Top-300 recruit would do wonders for our National perception not to mention he is a huge get! But with this being said, I do think we have even more pressure to land 1-to-2 DT's for this class. Really hoping we can get Daniels + Elliss on board! I think than we land Falo and anything from there is a bonus!

Sitting now with 23 Recruits, I really think we need to capitalize on Top-Recruits we are still in the running for. Being #9 in the country shouldn't hurt.

Offense (13):
OL - 6
QB - 1
RB - 1
WR - 4
TE - 1

Defense (10):
CB - 2
S - 1
DE - 4
LB - 3

To round out the recruiting class I really think we need to focus on Defense. We need to add 1-2 DT, 1 CB & 1S. Offense should be an after thought at this point unless we can land Top-Tier talent, example being Falo or Benjamin. If we can land Ellis/Daniels or even Rogers then things are looking great for years to come!

We flip Najee Harris after we beat 'Bama in the CFP. Hey, it could happen!

Ok help me out here as I'm not up on all things recruiting. Making an assumption here... the message up to now to any recruit is..."you" are the missing link that CU needs to get to the top, "you" will forever be known as the player who took us to the promised land. Now that the rise is real, what is the message? Or is my original assumption flawed?

Ok help me out here as I'm not up on all things recruiting. Making an assumption here... the message up to now to any recruit is..."you" are the missing link that CU needs to get to the top, "you" will forever be known as the player who took us to the promised land. Now that the rise is real, what is the message? Or is my original assumption flawed?

In basic terms, I think it's very simple.

Until this season played out, "come be a part of The Rise," was a slogan that the players and coaches believed in but a recruit had to be convinced of. Now, The Rise is abso-mother****ing-lutely Real and undeniable.

In basic terms, I think it's very simple.

Until this season played out, "come be a part of The Rise," was a slogan that the players and coaches believed in but a recruit had to be convinced of. Now, The Rise is abso-mother****ing-lutely Real and undeniable.
In other words, it's a lot easier to sell kids to play for a dominant national power than to sell them on a program that we think is on the rise. So yes, the sales pitch is different and it's even better.

Not seeing any discussion of a scholly for a PLACE KICKER?!?! hello?

Well, then. Better hope the recruitment of a preferred walk-on kicker or kicker/punter is going on behind the scenes. A team without competent special teams is usually scrambling. But they may be figuring that Diego will be back (medical redshirt? I haven't been following closely.) I don't know whether he's eligible for another year or not since he didn't have four years to play when he arrived. ... is this description murky enough?
Diego's bio said:
2013 (Soph.-RS)—He was the final recruit of Coach Mike MacIntyre’s first Colorado class, committing to the Buffaloes on July 23. He had four years to play three in eligibility, but had to sit out the 2013 season due to a requirement to spend a year in residence; he was officially deemed a transfer since he participated in football at a college in Mexico (Monterrey Tech, the English translation for Tecnológico de Monterrey).

So there are several punters and kickers on the roster: Cameron Silzer is a junior punter, Alex Kinney is a soph punter, Nick Porter is a freshman kicker, Chris Graham is a junior kicker, Davis Price is a true freshman kicker.

They could be hoping that these guys will be able to fulfill what's needed.

I'm sorry but if you don't have both Alex Perry and Bubba Bolden on your wish list you've either been misinformed or you're crazy....

It is quite possible, if not probable that you are the one that is misinformed.
Right because why would we want a 4* CB and a 4* S from the best high school program in the country who could play from day1? I understand we need to get a couple interior d-lineman but in the PAC 12 having a top notch secondary is a must if you're going to play good defense. Losing Chido, Spoon and Ted is huge. I trust we will get a couple d-lineman in this cycle but if we don't get a player of Perry's caliber to step in next year our #1 pass defense will be out the door for 2017.

Right because why would we want a 4* CB and a 4* S from the best high school program in the country who could play from day1? I understand we need to get a couple interior d-lineman but in the PAC 12 having a top notch secondary is a must if you're going to play good defense. Losing Chido, Spoon and Ted is huge. I trust we will get a couple d-lineman in this cycle but if we don't get a player of Perry's caliber to step in next year our #1 pass defense will be out the door for 2017.
Just think maybe you should do some homework before you call others crazy or misinformed. You may find that for different reasons, there is almost no chance that either player will end up committing to Colorado.

Perhaps some are leaving them off their wish list simply because they are limiting it to realistic targets.

Just think maybe you should do some homework before you call others crazy or misinformed. You may find that for different reasons, there is almost no chance that either player will end up committing to Colorado.

Perhaps some are leaving them off their wish list simply because they are limiting it to realistic targets.
"Almost no chance" What are you talking about? Bubba I agree it is probably not likely but you might want to do your own homework first on Alex Perry. Kid rarely tweets and when he does it's usually about CU. He took an unofficial and an official visit to Boulder. He has family that lives here in Colorado that he's close with. I'd say our chances are pretty good actually. And with Bubba his girlfriend does go to CU and him and AP have always dreamed of playing college football together. They've been best friends since they were little. If you compare those things to the d-lineman that everybody is so in love with I'd say their chances at Perry at least are better then any other lineman as of right now. Not having these 2 on your wish list as a CU fan and someone who follows recruiting is crazy to me. And your reasoning for not having them on a wish list is even more out there. I hope the coaches don't think like you do. If Perry and Bolden are reading these threads...CU needs you guys and wants you guys. #moneygang2017

"Almost no chance" What are you talking about? Bubba I agree it is probably not likely but you might want to do your own homework first on Alex Perry. Kid rarely tweets and when he does it's usually about CU. He took an unofficial and an official visit to Boulder. He has family that lives here in Colorado that he's close with. I'd say our chances are pretty good actually. And with Bubba his girlfriend does go to CU and him and AP have always dreamed of playing college football together. They've been best friends since they were little. If you compare those things to the d-lineman that everybody is so in love with I'd say their chances at Perry at least are better then any other lineman as of right now. Not having these 2 on your wish list as a CU fan and someone who follows recruiting is crazy to me. And your reasoning for not having them on a wish list is even more out there. I hope the coaches don't think like you do. If Perry and Bolden are reading these threads...CU needs you guys and wants you guys. #moneygang2017
According to Buff Stampede podcast, we have cooled considerably on Perry for some reason.
If I remember correctly.

Greg Rogers committing to UCLA was disappointing. But time to move on.

DT- Ellis and Daniels
DB- Cotton, Callaway, Bolden and Perry

I guess if the coaches opinion and our chances don't matter and we should just go by stars, then my wishlist is as follows:
1) Najee Harris
2) Dylan Moses
3) Jeffrey Okudah
4) Stephen Carr
5) Marvin Wilson
Who ever said that all that matters is stars? These 2 kids are top prospects at their positions and they have shown interest in CU and you guys are acting like it's some pipe dream. Has Dylan Moses shown interest in CU? No. Has Wilson? No. None of those guys have. But Perry and Bolden have. That is one reason they are on my wish list because there is a legit chance to get one or both of them. If they cooled on Perry why was he out here for a visit on the bye week? But I'm sure if Alex Perry or Bubba Bolden called up Mac right now and said they wanted to commit to CU he would decline. I mean who needs talent like that. We need d-lineman!!!! SMH

Who ever said that all that matters is stars? These 2 kids are top prospects at their positions and they have shown interest in CU and you guys are acting like it's some pipe dream. Has Dylan Moses shown interest in CU? No. Has Wilson? No. None of those guys have. But Perry and Bolden have. That is one reason they are on my wish list because there is a legit chance to get one or both of them. If they cooled on Perry why was he out here for a visit on the bye week? But I'm sure if Alex Perry or Bubba Bolden called up Mac right now and said they wanted to commit to CU he would decline. I mean who needs talent like that. We need d-lineman!!!! SMH
:facepalm:

You should probably sit a couple plays out.

:ROFLMAO:

Wondering where everyone thinks we stand with these players:

* Benjamin or Williams at RB. Do we take another if it's either one of these two?
* Falo at TE. I would have to think we're the favorite based on what I've read and how much he sports CU gear.
* Daniels, Edwards, Elliss, Pili, Schuman and Thompson at DT. Really want the first three. Elliss is playing it close to the vest. Do we have a real shot?
* Chaisson or Lang at DE. Would we take one of these guys with limited spots?
* Calloway, Gates, Perry, Boldin and Cotton at DB. I'm pretty much feeling like the NV kids are out.

Can CU really go up to 30, which is what I keep hearing? I'm not seeing that many open schollies. If CU can end with Falo, two of the DB's listed and two of the DT's then this is the cherry on an amazing class for them. Still curious about who the 5-star recruit is that George supposedly referenced that they would be landing.

Wondering where everyone thinks we stand with these players:

* Benjamin or Williams at RB. Do we take another if it's either one of these two?
* Falo at TE. I would have to think we're the favorite based on what I've read and how much he sports CU gear.
* Daniels, Edwards, Elliss, Pili, Schuman and Thompson at DT. Really want the first three. Elliss is playing it close to the vest. Do we have a real shot?
* Chaisson or Lang at DE. Would we take one of these guys with limited spots?
* Calloway, Gates, Perry, Boldin and Cotton at DB. I'm pretty much feeling like the NV kids are out.

Can CU really go up to 30, which is what I keep hearing? I'm not seeing that many open schollies. If CU can end with Falo, two of the DB's listed and two of the DT's then this is the cherry on an amazing class for them. Still curious about who the 5-star recruit is that George supposedly referenced that they would be landing.

Doubtful on any more RBs. We seem to be the current leader for Falo. Very good shot at Daniels and Elliss. Unsure on the others for a variety of reasons. I think the coaches would take Chaisson no questions asked. It does seem like the NV kids are out, just not sure where we stack up with many of our DB targets.

Disagree a bit on finishing the class out with some of these guys being a cherry on top. We really need to close on these guys to make a successful defensive class IMO.

Back