What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX DT Trey Schuman (Signed to Rice)

thanks to all. I do believe that after the visit he will verbal commit to CU. We love it from afar, just need to see it up close :)

It's even better than the photos. I grew up here and I've loved boulder my whole life. I work, play and went to school there. I hope you fly into DIA and drive down interstate 36 to come in, the second you get over that hill (you'll know it when you see it) you'll never leave. Assuming it's not night and totally dark, haha. Welcome!

my 5 years as buffdad was some of the best times ever, but you will likely lose your kid to Colorado, I told mine when I dropped him off in Boulder that summer you will never come home to which he said, no dad I'm a Texan. He just bought his third house in Denver, dad's are always right. I haven't watched your kid but I hope he becomes a buff4ever
That's good to know. Hopefully I will be a future buff dad

weekend of 10th-11th? Finals start then.... Ouch.
Is this a weekend they are planning several visitors or did that date just work out better?
Weekend where kids are in school, ish, the guys will be practicing for a bowl game, but not leaving for it, and it doesn't conflict with the P12 champ game. :jaw:

Not the best weekend to be there. Students won't be in their normal routines/schedules and won't be a lot happening in town.

Also just about the coldest time of year which in a way is good because visitors from warm weather places can see for themselves that it isn't that big a deal.

It will be a great time to go spend some time on Pearl Street probably see the Flatirons with snow. Words can't describe it.

That's good to know. Hopefully I will be a future buff dad

We got some nice bright yellow hooded parkas that say defense on the back with CU Football logo on front, the next season he was moved to from Dline to Oline. There is a Large and an XL that we only wore a few times and I just couldn't get rid of them. If you go up for late season games you will need something that living in Burleson you probably don't have. Let me know if you want them and Go Buffs!

weekend of 10th-11th? Finals start then.... Ouch.
Is this a weekend they are planning several visitors or did that date just work out better?
This is the weekend they are planning several visitors. Commits and Recruits. Plus they wanted to focus on finishing the season off strong and felt they wouldn't be able to give the VIP treatment with so much on the line right now

This is the weekend they are planning several visitors. Commits and Recruits. Plus they wanted to focus on finishing the season off strong and felt they wouldn't be able to give the VIP treatment with so much on the line right now
Totally understandable. And after that week, we'll be prepping for a bowl game.

How is this kid still unrated on every recruiting site? Small school or what? Just by watching his film he's as good as any rated kid I've seen. I trust the colorado coaches on this one, kid can play.

How is this kid still unrated on every recruiting site? Small school or what? Just by watching his film he's as good as any rated kid I've seen. I trust the colorado coaches on this one, kid can play.

I'm surprised that he doesn't have bunches of other schools hard after him (or he does but isn't reporting it.)

He looks like an athletic kid who is naturally big, not some guy who is forcing his body to carry weight that it shouldn't. He looks young which means he is likely to continue to get bigger without losing his athleticism. There just aren't that many guys around who fit this description.

His offer list indicates that he is someone who can handle college academics as well.

Looking forward to seeing him playing for the Buffs.

I'm surprised that he doesn't have bunches of other schools hard after him (or he does but isn't reporting it.)

He looks like an athletic kid who is naturally big, not some guy who is forcing his body to carry weight that it shouldn't. He looks young which means he is likely to continue to get bigger without losing his athleticism. There just aren't that many guys around who fit this description.

His offer list indicates that he is someone who can handle college academics as well.

I agree on all of the above? 6'3" and 270 in high school? You don't add that much mass without being a naturally large person at 17. By the time he's 20 he'll probably end up 6'4"-6'5" and be around 300 without much work. He could be a beast.

Not the best weekend to be there. Students won't be in their normal routines/schedules and won't be a lot happening in town.

Also just about the coldest time of year which in a way is good because visitors from warm weather places can see for themselves that it isn't that big a deal.

It will be a great time to go spend some time on Pearl Street probably see the Flatirons with snow. Words can't describe it.
Flatirons? Thanks for the heads up on the weather, I didn't think about that being in Texas and all. LOL

Under the radar is all I can say. He's a really good kid too, never been in any kind of trouble and makes amazing grades. He is 4th in his class out of 404 students with a 4.29 GPA. Wants to be a pre med major.

I shoot straight from the hip. No other schools yall know what I know.

Thanks for all the advice. It gives me a lot to prepare for. Haven't been in to much cold in a while LOL. I like this website. Looking forward to the visit.

We got some nice bright yellow hooded parkas that say defense on the back with CU Football logo on front, the next season he was moved to from Dline to Oline. There is a Large and an XL that we only wore a few times and I just couldn't get rid of them. If you go up for late season games you will need something that living in Burleson you probably don't have. Let me know if you want them and Go Buffs!
I tell you what, if my son decides to commit to CU, yes I will take both of them off of your hands. Just tell me how much :) and thank you

Under the radar is all I can say. He's a really good kid too, never been in any kind of trouble and makes amazing grades. He is 4th in his class out of 404 students with a 4.29 GPA. Wants to be a pre med major.

The kind of good young men Colorado needs! 4.29? Amazing!

I'll trade ya.

Flatirons? Thanks for the heads up on the weather, I didn't think about that being in Texas and all. LOL

Flatirons are the mountains above Folsom Field and campus.
flatirons1.jpg

Back