What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OG Xavier Newman (Signed to Baylor)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

20160225__26BZFBUw~1_300.jpg

DeSoto HS (DeSoto, TX)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/XavierNewman55

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 285
40: 5.33

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #34 OT
Scout rating: 3*; #6 C
ESPN rating: 4*-81 grade; #2 C (#246 overall)
247s rating: 4*-92 grade; #12 OG (#229 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona State, Baylor, Colorado State, Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas State, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Texas, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane, Tulsa, Utah State, UTSA

Last edited by a moderator:
Darrell Scott's HS. I wonder if Hagan is taking the lead.
Didn't recall where he transferred to St. Bonaventure from. Kind of interesting he transferred from CU to USF the year after Leavitt left it. He was a young man in need of good advice, it seems.

Here's hoping we make some good impressions with the many recruits from DeSoto - they'd be a fun team to watch this year.

Xavier's highlights reel shows a pancake making machine who plays guard, tackle and center.

Hope he's the next to commit to Boulder.

Picked up Texas and North Carolina offers today. What an OL DeSoto has with him, White, and Ingram.

Wouldn't suck at all if CU could flip this guy. From The Opening finals: http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1684924-opening-saturday-surprises

-DeSoto (Texas) offensive lineman Xavier Newman, a commit to Texas is probably the smallest offensive lineman of the group, but when matched up against one of the biggest and baddest defensive tackles - Marvin Wilson - he was able to win two reps in a row with the last rep coming in a shocking fashion and a strong finish taking the five-star to the ground. Newman slid around playing guard and center.

Flipping Xavier Newman should be a real possibility. With the two 4 star OL transfers from Baylor, Texas has signed 12 OL in the last two classes. Playing time their could be scarce. He was close to committing to CU. Hopefully adding two OL players that will have a year head start for playing time is enough for him to rethink his decision. Come back to Colorado Xavier.

IMO, it comes down to us and OU and we get him if we show progress this year on the field.

I would love to have the chance to flip this guy, I just feel the probability on that occurring is extremely low. I thought this was his dream school, and he doesn't seem like the kind of kid who is going to shy away from competition. If Texas has 15 4* recruits on their roster, he is going to go and work his tail off to beat them.

I would be excited if he became a Buff, but feel I have a better chance of winning Powerball.

I would love to have the chance to flip this guy, I just feel the probability on that occurring is extremely low. I thought this was his dream school, and he doesn't seem like the kind of kid who is going to shy away from competition. If Texas has 15 4* recruits on their roster, he is going to go and work his tail off to beat them.

I would be excited if he became a Buff, but feel I have a better chance of winning Powerball.

We have a much better shot that that. He was about to commit to us and his best friend is committed to the Buffs.

Back