What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OLB Terrel Bernard (Verbal to Baylor)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

1553004.jpg

La Porte HS (La Porte, TX)

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/T_streets26

Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 205
40: 4.66

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked OLB
Scout rating: 3*; #54 OLB
ESPN rating: 3*-77 grade; #46 OLB
247s rating: 3*-84 grade; #79 OLB

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Northwestern, SMU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, Washington

Last edited by a moderator:
I think UH's guys are great recruiters as well as being really good coaches.

Perfect timing for Houston.

Lots of Texas kids want to stay in Texas. UT sucks right now and there is a legitimate question about how long their coaches will be around. aTm is in some turmoil failing to follow up on their success with Johnny Football. Baylor, which was in on Bernard is currently a train wreck. If a kid wants to stay in state who is left, TTU is an ugly hole, SMU and Rice are not going anywhere, Houston is taking advantage.

Considering all the above surprised we haven't seen more of an uptick with TCU. Also Oklahoma and Okie Lite might as well be Texas schools, surprised that we haven't seen them absolutely clean up in Texas as well (OU isn't suffering, I think they are picking off some kids who in other years would have been UT locks.)

Perfect timing for Houston.

Lots of Texas kids want to stay in Texas. UT sucks right now and there is a legitimate question about how long their coaches will be around. aTm is in some turmoil failing to follow up on their success with Johnny Football. Baylor, which was in on Bernard is currently a train wreck. If a kid wants to stay in state who is left, TTU is an ugly hole, SMU and Rice are not going anywhere, Houston is taking advantage.

You forgot TCU, which is doing well this year. But, yes, there's a bit of a power vacuum in Texas right now and some other programs are moving in to fill it.

On that note, this was the perfect year for Chev to come in and lead a re-commitment to Texas recruiting by CU. Kind of a perfect storm for us and it is paying off.

You forgot TCU, which is doing well this year. But, yes, there's a bit of a power vacuum in Texas right now and some other programs are moving in to fill it.

On that note, this was the perfect year for Chev to come in and lead a re-commitment to Texas recruiting by CU. Kind of a perfect storm for us and it is paying off.

As you were posting I realized that I had brain farted TCU, also left off the Oklahoma schools.

You are right about this being the perfect time for Chev and Co. to try to get CU in the door.

We have a huge advantage in that we aren't Texas but are close enough that parents can come up in a long days drive, can't do that with the other PAC12 schools or most of the B1G schools

Houston coaches must be jittery as hell because they are drinking a lot of coffee lately.

Houston coaches must be jittery as hell because they are drinking a lot of coffee lately.

They would probably be that way right up until signing day.

They are getting a lot of kids who have serious offers from P5 schools. At some point some of those kids are going to realize that playing for a school in the American Athletic Conference is not the same as playing in one of the major conferences. Going to be a lot of teams trying to poach guys right up to signing day.

Texas will take over eventually. That's jmho of course.
Of course they will, especially when Herman is announced as head coach in December. Really hoping for a and m and Texas to open up after this season just to see the bidding war for Herman.

As it relates to this thread we need to stay on these kids until it's over. Hopefully another Texas recruiter is added at the end of the season as well.

I don't get these Houston commits. I get Herman, but anyone can get into Houston and a degree is like a JC degree. A city commuter school in a bad part of town. Ungodly humid weather until mid-October. What am I missing?

I don't get these Houston commits. I get Herman, but anyone can get into Houston and a degree is like a JC degree. A city commuter school in a bad part of town. Ungodly humid weather until mid-October. What am I missing?
Well Houston is definitely not a glorified junior college and these kids are from there, not too surprising.

fwiw, Houston also got a WR from New Orleans today. It's to the point where I'm happy when they fill up with a guy CU isn't recruiting.

Well Houston is definitely not a glorified junior college and these kids are from there, not too surprising.
I am always annoyed by the glorified JC comments, even when we tease KSU. U of Houston has some very good academic programs and many bright students. The university serves an important roll to the academic community and is a resource for many aspiring individuals who are operating in unique situations. College is a great place to be academic and show off what you know, college for many an important step in learning lifelong skills in project management and completion. Because a student may not be able to reach particular quantitative level does not mean their college experience was a waste.

Compared to Boise State which IS a recently converted junior college in the middle of freaking nowhere with nobody around except survivalist nuts? UH has been playing legit football on and off for decades and sits in the middle of one of the great prep football hotbeds in the country.

I am always annoyed by the glorified JC comments, even when we tease KSU. U of Houston has some very good academic programs and many bright students. The university serves an important roll to the academic community and is a resource for many aspiring individuals who are operating in unique situations. College is a great place to be academic and show off what you know, college for many an important step in learning lifelong skills in project management and completion. Because a student may not be able to reach particular quantitative level does not mean their college experience was a waste.

This is one of my pet peeves too; for some the most important thing they add to their resume/CV during their college years is the name of their school. Others actually add meaningful achievements and experience; the meaningful stuff can and does happen at colleges of all levels of prestige.

Back