What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX WR K.D. Nixon (Signed to COLORADO)

If he gets an offer to Oregon it's over. If not what better way to stick it to Oregon than playing against them.

If we were to get him I would like to see him used a lot like Tech used Jakeem Grant. Feel like he'd be wasted if used strictly at receiver.

Last edited:
Just repeating what a writer said. Oregon is a dream offer. And if you read that scout update it says "one offer could change everything". He is referring to Oregon.
Makes sense. I was wondering why that was left dangling....

You could definitely do some running plays with him. He's got fluid hips and great feet. He cuts with a purpose, not much wasted movement there. His cut is subtle and it's keeps him going up field full speed, can rarely teach that. He would be a weapon for sure.

You could definitely do some running plays with him. He's got fluid hips and great feet. He cuts with a purpose, not much wasted movement there. His cut is subtle and it's keeps him going up field full speed, can rarely teach that. He would be a weapon for sure.
I've got fluid knees. Or fluidified anyway. So after this young man commits, jumping up and down will hurt.

Nixon, Shenault, JJ and Bell in one recruiting class?? :eek:
200_s.gif

Sept. 26 update: Nixon set his official visit for Colorado in mid-October. Houston is another school making a push. The Buffs have been recruiting the state of Texas feverishly and if it woud be able to land Nixon along with his four-star teammate Laviska Shenault Jr. -- who is already committed -- that would be an impressive haul.

Trending: Colorado

Just got a CU crystal ball. Hope we can lock him down on his visit (and beat ASU too).
That WR corp would be absolutely insane. I can't believe we are in the mix for him.

Jackson, Shenault, Reece, Nixon, Huntley, Rakestraw, Winfree, Ento, MacIntyre, Bobo, Ross, Fields.

How the hell do you defend that if CU goes 5 wide?

That WR corp would be absolutely insane. I can't believe we are in the mix for him.

Jackson, Shenault, Reece, Nixon, Huntley, Blackmon, Winfree, Ento, MacIntyre, Bobo, Ross, Fields.

How the hell do you defend that if CU goes 5 wide?
Best part is how diverse the group would be. We would have some bigger guys that can jump in Ento, HUntley and Rakestraw and then a couple "normal" sized guys who can run like Fields, Bobo and Shenault and then you bring in the burners to stretch the field who no one wants to see in the open field like Ross, Nixon and Jackson. Also have the typical white guy, slot receiver in Mini Mac who is a staple of any good offense lol.

Other thing with Nixon is that he's not just a WR. He can play RB like Donovan Lee. So Buffs could go empty backfield and motion him in (or ACE and motion him out to an empty). His talent and diverse ability puts a ton of pressure on a defense that will make it hard for them to be in the right personnel matchup.

My big question, are any of the commits that have already signed possibly turned off by another potential WR? Normally not that big a deal, but we don't have any WRs that are seniors.
I love it as a fan. Another weapon in this dynamic offense and we can just keep churning out TDs.

My big question, are any of the commits that have already signed possibly turned off by another potential WR? Normally not that big a deal, but we don't have any WRs that are seniors.
I love it as a fan. Another weapon in this dynamic offense and we can just keep churning out TDs.

Nitpicking - no one is signed yet. Everything is currently a verbal pledge.

I don't think that competition is going to be an issue in recruiting. Chev is both the WR coach and the Recruiting Coordinator, so I think I am being fair to trust that he knows what he's doing here and that he has a strategy here that is both the right thing for the roster and also something that he is able to communicate to recruits so that they are excited about the future of the CU offense & their roles within it.

Well Laviska's his teammate and friend, and I don't see any way Jaylon breaks off his commitment based on everything we know with him. I don't know about Maurice but he seems solid and wasn't afraid of committing with 2 WRs already committed.

While we don't have WRs that are seniors, there's a tremendous opportunity in 2018 for these guys to step in and all have unique qualities which would be useful in different ways to us, even as early as 2017. It's not like we've doubled up on similar players, they all have really different things they add and I'm sure Chev is being clear to them on that and where things stand for each.

Not nitpicking. Exactly, kids being a verbal commits makes it easier for someone to get in their ear and say they have 10 WRs, when will you play? How are they going to share the ball?
I fully trust Chev and I know the players love him. I'm more concerned that kids feel like they might not get to the have same impact as quickly as they would like. I hope Nixon becomes a Buff, regardless.

This offense can never have too many WRs. I think we're seeing such a heavy dose of Ross, Bobo and Shay because they are head and shoulders above everyone else right now (Ento still getting used to things, Winfree hurt, Huntley true frosh). Having 2-3 more guys that can produce at that same level, being part of the rotation, is when we'll see the true potential of this offense, IMO (which is scary). Plus, I imagine at least 2 of those 3 (4 if we can pull in KD) will RS next year, so by the time they ready to go in 2018, Fields, Bobo and Ross will all be gone.

Not to mention this offensive is built to spread the ball around and get multiple play makers in space. We rarely have less than 3 WRs on the field. 14 different players have a catch this year. Through 3 games.

Well Laviska's his teammate and friend, and I don't see any way Jaylon breaks off his commitment based on everything we know with him. I don't know about Maurice but he seems solid and wasn't afraid of committing with 2 WRs already committed.

I do agree that this group seems very tight and adding a teammate of Laviska can't be bad thing.

Back