What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX WR K.D. Nixon (Signed to COLORADO)

Is asking a kid to redshirt an easy thing to do? The only one I can see making sense is Jackson considering the 2 ACL tears. I'm not sure how easy is to talk a kid into redshirting.

Not nitpicking. Exactly, kids being a verbal commits makes it easier for someone to get in their ear and say they have 10 WRs, when will you play? How are they going to share the ball?
I fully trust Chev and I know the players love him. I'm more concerned that kids feel like they might not get to the have same impact as quickly as they would like. I hope Nixon becomes a Buff, regardless.

I think you can look at Texas Tech recruiting at WR over the past 4 years. Chev comes from there and they go for numbers at the position that are very unusual compared to what we are used to seeing at CU. But it's necessary in this offense since you can realistically give 8 WRs a game significant snaps.

TTU since Kingsbury arrived (2013 classes, WR classification on Rivals, so not including ATH):

2013 - 5
2014 - 7
2015 - 6
2016 - 5

Is asking a kid to redshirt an easy thing to do? The only one I can see making sense is Jackson considering the 2 ACL tears. I'm not sure how easy is to talk a kid into redshirting.

What we commonly hear from guys is that redshirting is tough at the time but when you see an interview with a 5th year senior they almost always say that it was a great decision that helped a ton.

What we commonly hear from guys is that redshirting is tough at the time but when you see an interview with a 5th year senior they almost always say that it was a great decision that helped a ton.
I hope we can get 1-2 to redshirt. Lytle with these Texas receivers, plus Reece sound like a deadly combo for years to come.

Wide receiver seems like one of the only positions where you shouldn't have to redshirt if you are recruiting well enough. Both lines, QB, linebacker and defensive back all take a certain amount of progression and time to learn the system. Receiver is very dependent on athleticism and they can all help out on special teams which we all know we need.

A few WRs on the team might be encouraged to go elsewhere to get playing time to make room. I think a few guys are about to be recruited over.

Looks like a Santana Moss clone if I had to guess. Doesn't matter, hope we get him to CU, he's a very good player.

Other thing with Nixon is that he's not just a WR. He can play RB like Donovan Lee. So Buffs could go empty backfield and motion him in (or ACE and motion him out to an empty). His talent and diverse ability puts a ton of pressure on a defense that will make it hard for them to be in the right personnel matchup.

I am very curious to see him as a KO returner at the college level. He isn't big but he is solid enough to run through arm tackles. He has the speed to run away from people and the balance/quickness to make people miss. I can see him getting lost behind his blockers and popping out for some long gains.

After years of being slower than everyone we play it's fun to think about other teams chasing us and losing.

I am very curious to see him as a KO returner at the college level. He isn't big but he is solid enough to run through arm tackles. He has the speed to run away from people and the balance/quickness to make people miss. I can see him getting lost behind his blockers and popping out for some long gains.

After years of being slower than everyone we play it's fun to think about other teams chasing us and losing.

Had more explosive plays than Oregon last week. Nuff said.

Seriously. These recruits must love how often we chuck the deep ball. I was afraid we would not see that much, since we were going to rely on short routes and YAC, but we've hit on a bunch of bombs. Love it.

Other thing with Nixon is that he's not just a WR. He can play RB like Donovan Lee. So Buffs could go empty backfield and motion him in (or ACE and motion him out to an empty). His talent and diverse ability puts a ton of pressure on a defense that will make it hard for them to be in the right personnel matchup.

That's funny you say that, because when I watched his film the first thing I thought about was De'Anthony Thomas. Similar stature, speed, and shiftiness. Like you said, you move him around, and when we're playing fast, we can keep defenses from subbing out bad match ups. Thomas was such a huge part of Oregon's success because defenses just couldn't adjust, and had to chose between burning timeouts or just dealing with match up issues. I think Nixon could be that type of player for us. Against man base defense coverage, too fast for safeties in the slot, against man nickel packages we shift him to running back or jet sweep, or against a zone he is deadly in the middle of the field in space.

Last edited:
Five different writers now predicting Nixon to CU on 247 crystal ball.
Beautiful

0c7b4ed043f6cf031a4ac58df0d8ce34.png

Any word on an official visit date, or did I totally drop the ball and he already came?

Expected October 15th. Due to him and interest from others who couldn't make it for the Oregon State game, CU decided to have a 2nd in-season recruiting weekend. Originally, it was only going to be the one for Oct 1st.

Expected October 15th. Due to him and interest from others who couldn't make it for the Oregon State game, CU decided to have a 2nd in-season recruiting weekend. Originally, it was only going to be the one for Oct 1st.

Thank you. Do you happen to know who the others are? Hopefully Ellis, Bolden & Perry?

Back