What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO ATH Max Borghi (Signed to Washington State)

I was thinking that was a much better comparison since these are legit sub-4.5 guys who can deliver explosive plays on offense or special teams.

I am hoping that there are too many posters that are too young to have seen Bloom play. He was the last great return man and Richardson is the only WR in his speed class at CU since Bloom left.

I was thinking that was a much better comparison since these are legit sub-4.5 guys who can deliver explosive plays on offense or special teams.
This will probably bring scrutiny down on me, but his athleticism and vision has reminded me a lot of McCaffrey tbh. He's not as big as Christian and I don't think he's quite as explosive, especially with lateral quickness, but his top end speed might be better.

This is all a comparison based on CMac's senior year and Borghi's Junior year, mind you. Borghi's recruiting has a chance to absolutely blow up next season.

Orms was good enough to play in a national all star game after his senior year (Medal of Honor game) and then get calls to play in the CFL and Italy. I would be great with that caliber of recruit. If we are comparing him to Bloom or even CMac, this is an entirely different discussion.

Any chance of Max turning out like Jeremy would seem to make him a must get, so why no offer? Is it the issue he had around Halloween? Do the opinions of Schek and others differ that much from the coaches'? Not a projected area of need with kids like Nixon and JJ?

Also, is Big Jim really Randy Newman?
What is his real height? 5'10 and under is better at RB than DB.

6-4 tall effort freaks would be nice too.

Orms was a guy that was a borderline P5 athlete. He doesn't sniff the field on this years team. Size matters.

Any chance of Max turning out like Jeremy would seem to make him a must get, so why no offer? Is it the issue he had around Halloween? Do the opinions of Schek and others differ that much from the coaches'? Not a projected area of need with kids like Nixon and JJ?

Also, is Big Jim really Randy Newman?

I'll trust this staff's opinion over my eyeball test and film study I've done in scouting prep for him. I also don't scout top end players from CA or TX for comparative purposes, so It's hard to gauge a CO player like Borghi playing against CO competition. I saw Andrew Wingard and Milo Hall absolutely dominate the CO competition and get passed up by CU. Milo was way too small for this level but I thought Wingard would have been a good fit at the time. Borghi, IMO, is right there with Wingard and has a chance to be even better with another year to get bigger, faster, stronger.

I'll trust this staff's opinion over my eyeball test and film study I've done in scouting prep for him. I also don't scout top end players from CA or TX for comparative purposes, so It's hard to gauge a CO player like Borghi playing against CO competition. I saw Andrew Wingard and Milo Hall absolutely dominate the CO competition and get passed up by CU. Milo was way too small for this level but I thought Wingard would have been a good fit at the time. Borghi, IMO, is right there with Wingard and has a chance to be even better with another year to get bigger, faster, stronger.
I wasn't knocking your judgement, just wondering why he still has no CU offer. Wingard would see the field if he were a Buff, no doubt.

Back to an old discussion, but all things equal, offer the Colorado kid. We shall see.

Borghi on the sidelines of Pomona's semifinal game today with a serious brace on his right knee. Looks pretty small, but that could be because he's standing next to Moretti.

The-Game-GIF.gif

Back