What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#19 6-0 Colorado Buffaloes at 7-0 Wyoming Cowboys - GAME THREAD

I think the game(s) against the MWC teams will help us later in the year. Finishing 12-0 in OOC play and playing nobody is not nearly as meaningful as going 9-3 or 10-2 and really growing as a team. It's going to be hard to fill out a schedule if we avoid a lot of local teams.. unless we play cream puffs

I still don't understand how Colorado's lost six straight games to Wyoming. That's embarrassing, and not playing Wyoming would just send a message that CU is afraid to.

I don't understand how Boyle hasn't beaten them yet.

What we really need is for XJ to grow up fast. Without him coming into his own, we're way too reliant on Ski from the perimeter and Scott in the post.

Ski needs to learn when to stop shooting and work on the drive-and-dish a little more.

I think the game(s) against the MWC teams will help us later in the year. Finishing 12-0 in OOC play and playing nobody is not nearly as meaningful as going 9-3 or 10-2 and really growing as a team. It's going to be hard to fill out a schedule if we avoid a lot of local teams.. unless we play cream puffs

I still don't understand how Colorado's lost six straight games to Wyoming. That's embarrassing, and not playing Wyoming would just send a message that CU is afraid to.

Last year just merely seemed more sensible because of the rotation, it's far easier to rationalize CSU/Air Force on the road and Wyoming/Fresno State at home than it is vice versa. The reality is there's no need to schedule like this. If you want to go on the road against non-Colorado MWC, then go big and travel to UNLV so our RPI is done some good. Putting ourself in this situation of traveling to places like Laramie and Fresno is asinine -- there's simply nothing to gain and lots to lose. I think with Baylor, Dayton, Murray State, Kansas, and Colorado State that the team really doesn't need to travel to Laramie and Fresno to figure out what it's going to be like to face tough competition in the conference. Let's also face the facts -- CU has a tradition under Bohn of scheduling like morons in both major sports.

Last year just merely seemed more sensible because of the rotation, it's far easier to rationalize CSU/Air Force on the road and Wyoming/Fresno State at home than it is vice versa. The reality is there's no need to schedule like this. If you want to go on the road against non-Colorado MWC, then go big and travel to UNLV so our RPI is done some good. Putting ourself in this situation of traveling to places like Laramie and Fresno is asinine -- there's simply nothing to gain and lots to lose. I think with Baylor, Dayton, Murray State, Kansas, and Colorado State that the team really doesn't need to travel to Laramie and Fresno to figure out what it's going to be like to face tough competition in the conference. Let's also face the facts -- CU has a tradition under Bohn of scheduling like morons in both major sports.

Does bohn schedule for basketball or is it Boyle?

Ski needs to learn when to stop shooting and work on the drive-and-dish a little more.

:nod:

They need to stop folding when the other team gets physical. Three games in a row now they've struggled with it.

Hate the spilt milk argument, but I wonder what the interior defense, etc., would be like if D Cain hadn't decided to hang up the sneakers.

Except for a special opportunity (like if another school was interested in tying a football series with a basketball on - rarely happens), Boyle is in charge of setting the hoops schedule.

Boyle. I know a former player who gave Boyle his thoughts on the scheduling, specifically the home scheduling, and let's just say that Tad didn't really welcome the feedback.

I think we know that Tad likes to do things his way, and I'm fine with that as long as we continue to get 20+ wins and have tournament success at the end of the year.

"Ski does not handle adversity well," Boyle said. "Askia Booker has to get better when his jump shot is not going in and when the officials aren't bailing him out."

Except for a special opportunity (like if another school was interested in tying a football series with a basketball on - rarely happens), Boyle is in charge of setting the hoops schedule.

Most power conference schools use an associate AD

Back