What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1990 Throwback Jerseys Now Available!

B-30, you can always wear a throwback jersey, but can you still sport that throwback haircut?(I can't, just asking).

:smile2::lol::lol::wow::cry:

Attachments

• SRCRGJRBFZNRVXY_200&.jpg
    SRCRGJRBFZNRVXY_200&.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 90
B-30, you can always wear a throwback jersey, but can you still sport that throwback haircut?(I can't, just asking).

How about a throwback hat, or tractor?

page30.2.gif

Ha! Thanks for the chuckle this morning, FlaBuff! I shouldn't lose my sense of humor.
It must be pretty tough for the current Buffs. I wish them nothing but the best.

Yeah, the throwback haircut won't work. I don't have enough hair on the top of my head:cry::lol:.
I do wish they would settle on more classic Colorado uniforms, AND first and foremost, hard-nosed winning Colorado football.
Take care.

I just want real gold, not Notre Dame piss gold, back on our uniforms. That would be a huge improvement right there.

I just want real gold, not Notre Dame piss gold, back on our uniforms. That would be a huge improvement right there.

heck ND would be something to shoot for, right now on the home jersey we've got South Florida's helmet and pants by grey poupon.

I think he was referring to the fact that it is only available with just one # on it when Bohner said specifically that they would be selling #94 with Big Al's name on the back.

Just further proof how our AD has dropped the ball. The CU book store needs to sign some deals with former players who were popular or at least the guys who have won a trophy or have their name up in Folsom and make sure that their jerseys are always available for purchase. Devote a 10-15' section of wall in the bookstore to just jerseys of former players, give those guys a little kickback and everyone wins.

I think he was referring to the fact that it is only available with just one # on it when Bohner said specifically that they would be selling #94 with Big Al's name on the back.

Just further proof how our AD has dropped the ball. The CU book store needs to sign some deals with former players who were popular or at least the guys who have won a trophy or have their name up in Folsom and make sure that their jerseys are always available for purchase. Devote a 10-15' section of wall in the bookstore to just jerseys of former players, give those guys a little kickback and everyone wins.

What could possibly go wrong with a plan like this? I love it.

What could possibly go wrong with a plan like this? I love it.

Perhaps they are worried about opening the door to people who wore the jerseys from actually making money off of them. Current players may be able to start a lawsuit for the school selling their jerseys without the name? I don't know, I should write the bookstore manager and see if they are interested in making money?

True, but since they got us in the Pac 10, I'm willing to defend them on something like this

If it were an official product, they probably would. But since no one can really copyright either the color black or the word/name "colorado", there's probably not much they can do. It's too bland of a jersey to really be a copyright infringment. No stripes on the sleeves or Ralphie logos to be seen there. Honestly, it looks more like a Raiders jersey than a Colorado Buffs one.

If it were an official product, they probably would. But since no one can really copyright either the color black or the word/name "colorado", there's probably not much they can do. It's too bland of a jersey to really be a copyright infringment. No stripes on the sleeves or Ralphie logos to be seen there. Honestly, it looks more like a Raiders jersey than a Colorado Buffs one.

I don't think that's true. When I was at CU, I worked at College Corner. We couldn't sell a black t-shirt with "COLORADO" written in gold letters without getting the license. I suspect if Nike wanted to make a stink over this, they would. It may be a case of it not being worth their time to pursue.

nike is not the only company that licenses apparell. I have an adidas fleece, antigua golf shirts, etc. Shoot you can get cheapo CU jerseys from some off brand jerseys from wally world.

nike is not the only company that licenses apparell. I have an adidas fleece, antigua golf shirts, etc. Shoot you can get cheapo CU jerseys from some off brand jerseys from wally world.

yep. my favorite shirt is a cutter and buck CU polo.

I guess that's true. It's the CU AD that licenses the product, not Nike. Nike just has the contract for all the official stuff that the teams actually wear.

Back