What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2 Buffs arrested on Sunday, going to miss championship game.

Kronah

Club Member
Club Member
Looks like Chris Hill and Jaleel Awini got into an altercation with each other in front of The Walrus and cocaine was found in Awinis wallet (allegedly). Both are suspended and will miss the next game at least. Hill knocked Awini unconscious, had a run in with Awini myself at the walrus once...wasn't the nicest guy.

While hooked up to a heart monitor at Boulder Community Health's Foothills Hospital, officers noted Awini's heart rate spiked when they told him they had found the wallet, before mentioning the cocaine.

is that probably cause for searching the wallet?

I don't know, but I'd surmise that Awini may have an addiction problem. At the very least he can't drink without going over the edge. And if it turns out to be coke, well, just really sad.

If Awini had an open DUI case, why was he never suspended?

Isn't that the same BS we always bitch about other teams doing?

is that probable cause for searching the wallet?

A good criminal attorney would probably get that admission thrown out from the get-go, IMO.

But it would make a damn good question on a criminal procedure law school exam, or a bar exam.

I don't know, but I'd surmise that Awini may have an addiction problem. At the very least he can't drink without going over the edge. And if it turns out to be coke, well, just really sad.

True, and it is obvious he needs some kind of help. Things just keep happening to him, eventually you can't blame coincidence or bad luck.

I hope he gets the help but he also needs to be cut loose from the program. Don't know the details on the DUI charge but Zandi has a point

College kids do stuff, it happens to every program but when they keep happening and/or are severe enough you have to remove them from the team. The fact that Awini already was removed from the AFA program should have put him on a short leash.

If Awini had an open DUI case, why was he never suspended?

Isn't that the same BS we always bitch about other teams doing?

A good criminal attorney would probably get that admission thrown out from the get-go, IMO.

But it would make a damn good question on a criminal procedure law school exam, or a bar exam.
And the cops told the reporter that his BP spiked when they told him about his wallet. Would that possibly be a HIPAA violation?

Whatever. Doesn't matter other than for him. He's done. I'd imagine Mac is beyond pissed.

What an annoying distraction on a critical short week. Unfortunate all the way around.

And the cops told the reporter that his BP spiked when they told him about his wallet. Would that possibly be a HIPAA violation?

Again, a good issue to raise on a law school or bar exam. Perhaps you should have gone to law school? :)

Whatever. Doesn't matter other than for him. He's done. I'd imagine Mac is beyond pissed.

Yes ... never a good time to get into this kind of trouble, but right after the most triumphant event in recent CU football history is particularly bad timing. Shades of early December 2001.

Scrubs in trouble is sad, but extra-dumb on their part. It is very easy to make examples of non-contributors. Goodbye.

wondered why he never really played? The coaches see and kno0w a lot more then us fans. silly decisions youngns make

Back