1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20 questions for the 2008 season

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Here are 20 questions I came up with for the 2008 season. There are some CU ones, Big 12 ones, and national ones. Feel free to discuss and then at the end of the season I am gonna bump the thread to see how everything turned out.

COLORADO
    20. Is Colorado ready to contend in the North again?

19. Will Darrell Scott live up to his reputation in year 1?

18. Will Colorado have a good pass rush?

17. Which Buff is most likely to have a breakout year?

16. Will CU produce another shocking upset like against OU last year?

15. What bowl if any will CU go to?

BIG 12
    14. Will Oklahoma 3-peat as Big 12 champs?

13. Is Texas Tech overatted?

12. Is Mizzou good enough to win the Big 12 and contend for the national title?

11. How much will Nebraska improve with Pelini?

10. Was KU a fluke last year?

NATION
    9. Will #1 Georgia end season at #1?

8. Is the SEC the best confrence?

7. Is the Big 10 an overatted confrence?

6. Will Tim Tebow become the second player to win two heismans? If not who wins?

5. Is this the last season for Bobby Bowden or Joe Pa?

4. Who is this years Kansas (surprise team)?

3. Who will be the most dissapointing team (as in underachieving)?

2. Will there be an undefeated team this year?

1. Who will play in the BCS championship game?

2. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

No, no, yes, J-Fly, no (no upset on our slate would be truly shocking), don't know, no, probably, yes, a little, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, no, Michigan State, Kansas, no, Ohio State and someone that's gonna beat the living crap out of them.

Done and done. :thumbsup:

3. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Yes, Yes, Yes, Sumler, Yes, A well deserved Bowl game, No, Yes, No, A little bit, YES!, No, Yes, Yes, No, Yes, Don't know, UT, No, USC and Ohio St.

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

:rofl2:

Actually, IF OSU (spit on them) gets past USC on 13 SEP, I think they can go the distance. I know, I know...crappy conference whatnot...BUT, they really have talented athletes, are well coached and this year have a TON of returning experience.

Oh, another answer...

SEC is often the best conference--it's tough to deny, BUT when the dust settles (bowl victories and other OOC play) the Big XII will be the strongest conference this season because of our wealth of returning experience.

5. 87Buffster

87Buffster Member

Contend - Yes. The question is will be overcome youth, have smarter and more consistent play and playcalling. Will the team that beat OU show up each week, or the team that lost to Iowa State?

80% of it. Will start to really shine by game 3 or 4.

Better than 2007. At least 4 more sacks.

J-Fly - he never scored in 2007. That is going to change in a big way. Eight touchdowns or more.

Yes. Twice.

One of em.

6. 20. Is Colorado ready to contend in the North again?- Not this year. Soon. We need a more upper classmen lead team.

19. Will Darrell Scott live up to his reputation in year 1?- I don't know. I hope so.

18. Will Colorado have a good pass rush?- Should. It's been an emphisis in camp.

17. Which Buff is most likely to have a breakout year?- PDub, based on him being a senior. MTM, based on the fact that there will be injuries on o-line and he will be needed.

16. Will CU produce another shocking upset like against OU last year?- Odds are good. But I hope it won't be considered such a huge upset this year when it happens.

15. What bowl if any will CU go to?- too early to tell. most likely a bowl like last year.

14. Will Oklahoma 3-peat as Big 12 champs?- If I were putting $ on it, that who I would pick.

13. Is Texas Tech overatted?- Hard to say. We may not find out the answer until Nov. 1 when Texas comes a calling.

12. Is Mizzou good enough to win the Big 12 and contend for the national title?- I think they are, but like every team, they will need some luck also.

11. How much will Nebraska improve with Pelini?- Maybe a little on the D side this year, but not much. It will take some time.

10. Was KU a fluke last year?- Yes and no. Yes, they were able to sneak up on foes last year. No, they are very will coached.

9. Will #1 Georgia end season at #1?- Odds say no.

8. Is the SEC the best confrence?- Until proven otherwise, yes.

7. Is the Big 10 an overatted confrence?- Depends on where they're ranked this year, if it's behind the SEC, B12 and the PAC10 then, no, there right where they should be.

6. Will Tim Tebow become the second player to win two heismans? If not who wins?- I'm gonna say no because I don't want to hear next year if he will win 3. I guess Chase this year.

5. Is this the last season for Bobby Bowden or Joe Pa?- No.

4. Who is this years Kansas (surprise team)?- If I knew this, it wouldn't be a surprise. Hope it's us.

3. Who will be the most dissapointing team (as in underachieving)?- Kansas.

2. Will there be an undefeated team this year? Unlikley. It's getting too tough now with scholly limits they way they are.

1. Who will play in the BCS championship game? Florida and SC.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

21. on the conference angle: Another mystery year for Texas A&M: not only a new coach, but *once again* the Aggies enter the season as a complete mystery with top 25 talent. they could win 5 games or 9 games, who knows?

8. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

COLORADO
    20. Is Colorado ready to contend in the North again? No....2009 we'll win it

19. Will Darrell Scott live up to his reputation in year 1? Yes, late in the year (game 8 on)

18. Will Colorado have a good pass rush? No - a good pass rush is still 1 year away. It will be decent at best.

17. Which Buff is most likely to have a breakout year? (way out on a limb...) Mo Lucas. I think he'll finally relax, have fun, and play some good football.

16. Will CU produce another shocking upset like against OU last year? Yes, WVu or Tehass, or both :smile2:

15. What bowl if any will CU go to? Alamo

BIG 12
    14. Will Oklahoma 3-peat as Big 12 champs? Yes, and then they'll promptly choke in a BCS bowl game.....again

13. Is Texas Tech overatted? Before - yes. This year - no - 10-2 and knocking on the BCS door.

12. Is Mizzou good enough to win the Big 12 and contend for the national title? No and No. They'll win the norte and lose to the landthieves in the CCG.

11. How much will Nebraska improve with Pelini? 6-6, or 7-5 at best. They're OOC (except WVu) is the batter for the cupcakes.

10. Was KU a fluke last year? Early in the year - yes. Late in the year they were playing some pretty good ball. Can they sustain it? No.

NATION
    9. Will #1 Georgia end season at #1? No. Late season 3 of 4 games on the road in the $EC is brutal.

8. Is the SEC the best confrence? Yes.

7. Is the Big 10 an overatted confrence? Did you even have to ask that question???? Absolutely. The media east of the mighty mud river fights amongst themselves for the chance to knob-job the Bloated 10/11 conference. At some point in the season, every team that has clean smelling uniforms will be ranked for at least 1 week.

6. Will Tim Tebow become the second player to win two heismans? If not who wins? No reason he can't put up the same numbers as last year, so yes. Then he'll declare for the no-fun-league and we'll get to see how good or bad he really is.

5. Is this the last season for Bobby Bowden or Joe Pa? No. But it should be for JoPa.

4. Who is this years Kansas (surprise team)? I don't think there's another nobody team that will get 10 wins like they did last year. But for surprises, let's try Miss State.

3. Who will be the most dissapointing team (as in underachieving)? Sorta Lame in South Bendover. Chunky Charlie will be on the hot bench (ass is too big for a single seat).

2. Will there be an undefeated team this year? No. Talent is too well distributed. However, sadly, if T-waddafukisaTdoininfrontof-OSU beat u$c, they could run the table (see #7 above).

1. Who will play in the BCS championship game? u$c and the winner of the $ec - I just don't know who it will be. I sure as hell hope it ain't the team I named in #2, above.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I don't think they will make a bowl game.

10. Unleash Hell

Agree

11. Mick Ronson

if they played our schedule i don't think they would, but on the strength of a likely 3-1 cupcake OOC, i'd say their chances are pretty good. all they have to do is beat KSU at home, at ISU and at Baylor for 6 wins. they're North draw is very very favorable...no KU, no MU, no NU.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  12. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Other item of interest.

How will RN do out in la-la land?

13. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

20. No
    19. yes
    18. No
    17. Patrick Williams
    16. Yes
    15. Alamo
    14. Yes
    13. yes
    12. yes
    11. not much
    10. yes
    9. no
    8. yes
    7. yes
    6. yes
    5. yes
    4. Washington
    3. Texas
    2. Yes
    1. U$C and OU

14. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Should be interesting. He can't be happy about his QB situation right now though.

15. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

COLORADO
    20. Is Colorado ready to contend in the North again?

Maybe not this year, but lookout next year!

19. Will Darrell Scott live up to his reputation in year 1?

I don't believe DS has a reputation to live up to. I think all he needs to do this year is show Hawkins & Co that he intends to be the #1 tailback. I don't think it's a good idea to put so much pressure on a kid that might not be able to handle it this early in the season.

18. Will Colorado have a good pass rush? TBD

17. Which Buff is most likely to have a breakout year?

My vote was going to Simas until he let his grades go down the tubes.

16. Will CU produce another shocking upset like against OU last year?

Hoping against Texas at home or Kansas on the road

15. What bowl if any will CU go to?

To early to tell, but should be a better bowl game than last years. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the Buffs play Alabama again.

BIG 12
    14. Will Oklahoma 3-peat as Big 12 champs?

No

13. Is Texas Tech overatted?

Yes

12. Is Mizzou good enough to win the Big 12 and contend for the national title?

Win the Big 12? Yes ---- National title, I think not.

11. How much will Nebraska improve with Pelini?

The 3rd year is when a coach is supposed to have the greatest improvment.

10. Was KU a fluke last year?

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

NATION
    9. Will #1 Georgia end season at #1?

Hmmmmmmmm. No

8. Is the SEC the best confrence?

Maybe

7. Is the Big 10 an overatted confrence?

This year, yes.

6. Will Tim Tebow become the second player to win two heismans? If not who wins?

Barring injury, he has a very good chance.

5. Is this the last season for Bobby Bowden or Joe Pa?

Not Bobby, But Joe, Ithink so.

4. Who is this years Kansas (surprise team)? Da Buffs

3. Who will be the most dissapointing team (as in underachieving)? Clemson

2. Will there be an undefeated team this year? Yes

1. Who will play in the BCS championship game? No Clue?

16. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I'm hoping for a spectacular crash and burn.:thumbsup:

17. Unleash Hell

I think RN will do pretty well. I think he is a good coach. He might have ran two good programs into the ground and gotten them in trouble with the NCAA, but I bet learned a lot being an assistant in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if UCLA is a national power in 2-3 years.

18. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Replies above

19. Mick Ronson

jmo.

20. Unleash Hell

You have Mizzou going undefeated, but not playing in the BCS championship?:huh:

21. Unleash Hell

USC vs. Missouri

22. 14ers4me

14ers4me Member

USC-Mizzou

23. Mick Ronson

no, i say of all the teams in the conference i think they have the best shot of running the table since they have about a 3-4 game season--and have the North. Illinois, @NU, @UT, and KU (and will be favored in at least 3 of those 4). i don't think they do it; but if they do...they'll get worked by an SEC gorilla, tOSU, or USC.

24. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

I will focus on the first five questions (cop out? yes, but what I am mainly concerned about)

COLORADO
    20. Is Colorado ready to contend in the North again? You bet. If our O-line gels (mainly at G and if Girthy can snap the damn ball in the shotgun) then we will be a force. I think the D will surprise people. I feel CU will have a legit shot at winning the North THIS year.

19. Will Darrell Scott live up to his reputation in year 1? Without a doubt. He will be a dominate force that will bring national attention to the program.

18. Will Colorado have a good pass rush? It will take blitzing LBs more frequently than I'd like, but yes, the pass rush will be better.

17. Which Buff is most likely to have a breakout year? Mike Sipili, he will set the tone for the D with bone jarring hits.

16. Will CU produce another shocking upset like against OU last year? Yup. Maybe two or three. I like our chances against every team we play (thus including the likes of Mizzou, Texas, WVU, Kansas, and Fla State).

Go Buffs!! Less than a week away, baby!

25. Mr. Babar

Mr. Babar I have no elephant books Club Member

One more I want to throw my two-cents in on...

11. How much will Nebraska improve with Pelini? There is a feeling of euphoria in Husker land right now. See "stock market bubble burst", "house bubble burst", "Hindenburg", etc. for my thoughts on that.:drink2: