What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2007 Rocky Mountain Showdown prediction thread

Unleash Hell

I can't take it anymore. 11 days to go, I think I will start the prediction thread now. Feel free to wait a few more days if you want.

The rules from last year still apply. The person with the closest prediction in each weeks game, will recieve positive rep from everybody else that made a prediciton in the thread.

I think both teams come out with something to prove from last year, however I just think CU wants it a little more. This is a big game for the future of CU football and the players and coaches know it. The buffs have worked hard in the offseason, and are a much stronger group, and should have an improved offense. CU should have won last year if they would have had a better QB, and this year they probably have that. Kyle Bell is back for CSU, but players are not usually the same after a ACL tear. Buffs dominate, but it is still a close game.
Make mine.

CU 24 CSU 14

CU picks
CUBUFF80: CU 16-14
4DemBuffs: CU 17-13
Fight CU: CU 17-13
pezman: CU 20-12
Junction: CU 20-17
RuffBuff: CU 20-17
Buffman: CU 21-14
InTheBuff: CU 23-20
JimmyBuff: CU 23-21
Unleash Hell: CU 24-14
SpacemanSpiff: CU 24-17
Kingpants: CU 24-20
PhoenixBuff: CU 25-19
NWDBuff: CU 26-9
Mick Ronson: CU 27-16
alex: CU 27-17
JJBuff: CU 27-21
FlatironsBuffy: CU 27-23
BUFFSROCKS: CU 28-3
Swish: CU 28-13
DBT: CU 28-17
CarolinaBuff: CU 30-21
unbiased truth: CU 31-6
rynobuff: CU 31-10
BuffaloScott: CU 31-21
92Buff: CU 31-27
Goldenbuff12: CU 33-21
Buffalo Brad: CU 34-14
BuffGuy91: CU 34-16
Manhattan Beach Buff: CU 34-24
buffwoman526: CU 35-14
BuffaloSoldier76: CU 35-31
Boulder Buff: CU 35-17
Jerry: CU 35-7
chipwich: CU 37-20
leftybuff: CU 38-6
Skidmark: CU 41-14
Lord Helmet: CU 41-16
MSBuff: CU 42-7
FChairbanks: CU 42-24
valdezj: CU 45-9
AustinTXBuff: CU 45-10
CU827: CU 53-13
SJBuff: CU 57-10
atlbuff: CU 70-3
SuperiorBuff: CU 77-3
66Buff: CU 100-0
Matt: CU 157-36
96 Buff: CU 836-2

CSU picks
CSU Husker: CSU 17-14
ChicagoRamFn: CSU 31-24

Last edited:
Hawkins doesn't shy *away* from RUTS. Ask BYU when they played Boise State. Anyhoo, CU 35 CSU 7

CU 20 CSU 17.

Eberhart kicks a late FG for the win. Offense looks much better than last year, but a few critical mistakes keep them from converting yards to points...

here's how i see it as of august 20...

CU on offense:

CU's s/c improvements, along with the influx of some really big bodies and the return of the key guys will give the Buffs a huge advantage on the offensive line. i suspect the sheep will come hard after cody with lots of blitzes and stunts and other tricks. they are going to want him to prove that CU can pass the ball (something CU couldn't do at all last season). i believe cody will make some mistakes but the passing game will be improved enough that it will force the sheep off the line of scrimmage. the Buffs will win this thing on the ground, pounding the ball. as the game goes on, the gains will get bigger and bigger. CU will use the tight ends and a little bit of the vertical game to open it up and then shove it down the sheep's throats on the ground.

CU on defense:

the biggest problem, without a doubt, is the interior defense. CU is super-thin at linebacker and there are currently some dings and dents and suspensions along the d-line. sperry will have a big day, i suspect. they say bell looks good in the scrimmages but he is coming off major knee surgery and i suspect he won't be quite the player he was before. in defense of what looks to be our starting lbs for this game: they ARE smaller than typical b12 guys but they are right in line with what csu sees in the mwc and csu did lose 7 straight in conference. so, if the lbs play well fundamentally and the scheme holds up, i think we should be ok. i also figure the sheep are going to go after whomever plays opposite t-wheat. i think they will have some success because i don't see our d-line, as currently comprised, gettiing much heat on hannie. i don't expect us to be particularly satisfied with our defensive performance after this game. hopefully, they will do just enough.

CU special teams:

i feel pretty good about eberhardt and based on reports from sheepland, i would say we have the edge in the kicking game. my biggest concern here is not letting them get to us in the return game and us hopefully showing something more than last season when we are returning punts and kicks. it is a big question mark. fingers crossed on this.

predictions:

i'll go with CU 34, csu 24, with CU pulling away in the second half.

GO BUFFS!

I can't take it anymore. 11 days to go

Thats one thing we can agree on.

Lots of pressure for Hawk and Co. Win and it could start the ball rolling on a successful season, lose and the questions will be coming from all directions. Thats alot of pressure for Hawk Jr in his first college FB start. I think he will be solid, but I dont think there will be a "Klatt" performance this year.

I like the experience of Haney, and he is a tank. Combine that with Bell, and they should find some success on the ground.

The Rammie defensive front has me worried. I expect CU to break some big plays in the run game. Im crossing my finger that they can limit those, and get some pressure on CH. I think that will be what the game boils down to, if CSU gets pressure on Hawkins they will win, if not CU takes it.

Make mine CSU 17 CU 14

Back to the future:
CU 41
csu 14

Buffs convert 3rd downs and move chains.
This is a coming out party.

It's Buffalo time :thumbsup:
Buffs 28 Lambs 13
And a great start to a new beginning

Thats one thing we can agree on.

Lots of pressure for Hawk and Co. Win and it could start the ball rolling on a successful season, lose and the questions will be coming from all directions. Thats alot of pressure for Hawk Jr in his first college FB start. I think he will be solid, but I dont think there will be a "Klatt" performance this year.

I like the experience of Haney, and he is a tank. Combine that with Bell, and they should find some success on the ground.

The Rammie defensive front has me worried. I expect CU to break some big plays in the run game. Im crossing my finger that they can limit those, and get some pressure on CH. I think that will be what the game boils down to, if CSU gets pressure on Hawkins they will win, if not CU takes it.

Make mine CSU 17 CU 14

You make some good points. A lot of pressure, but I think Cody being a coaches son knows how to deal with it. As I recall, one of the seniors after last years game was so pissed after losing to CSU that he came up to Cody, grabbed his facemask and said, "NEVER AGAIN!" I think both teams will be pumped. Should be another good game. We will find out in less than two weeks!

Make mine CU 31-27.

Pissed off that we are missing at least 4 starters in this one. Thanks to Perri's dip**** comments and personal control issues we lost 3 defensive starters. Throw in Josh Smith's misfortune for the fourth. Burton's inability to stay academically eligible (Burton was likely a backup but represents one of the last scholarship LBs we had and now are diving into walk-ons).

The defensive struggles on both sides makes me think we will see some offense and unfortunately it will be closer than it should be.

Last edited:
As I recall, one of the seniors after last years game was so pissed after losing to CSU that he came up to Cody, grabbed his facemask and said, "NEVER AGAIN!"

Yeah, I recall that. Kinda lame. If whoever said that was so fired up, maybe he should have beat CSU himself :huh:

Anyway, should be another good, close game. I cant wait. And oh yeah, **** the 10am kickoff.

The Buffs will have a chip on their shoulder, and they are going to take it out on the weaker, dumber cousins from up north.

Make mine CU 45, csewe 10.

We still have to meld as a team in the fire of real games, and CSU is always up for us. I hope for the blowout by CU, but feel it might be close. Make mine

CU 27
CSU 23

We have a very tough schedule and though we are improved, we have a long ways to go. 5-7 is what I expect. One of those 5 is CSU though. Probably the worst team on our schedule, and had a year just as bad as us last year. Our worst season I can remember and we still shoulda won. We have too much talent on them. This is their last chance, its two programs going in opposite directions.

CU 31
CSU 10

Biggest game of Hawks career at CU. This is a must win (for the season, NOT for Hawk, but its close).

The beginning of the end for Lubejob. A young, green Buffs team that should be "struggling to recover" from last season completely destroys the sheep by playing with passion and guts and using an innovative game plan that leaves the lammie team and staff completely dumbfounded. Everyone senses the message in the sheep's loss - the game has passed Sonny by and he is to old and out of touch to be competitive going forward. This confidence shattering loss starts a season long landslide which ends with Lubejob's resignation. End of an era, no more trashmouth.

Buffs 57
Lammies 10

(CU plays the 4th quarter with only 2 upperclassmen. Lammies get their sole TD on the last play of the game.)

Last edited:
Reactions: DBT
In 11 days: 8 hours: 55 minutes, let the victorious march begin. In 11 days: 11 hours: 55 minutes, CU will begin ticking off the clock to a 28-17 win!!

Last edited:
Too much talent on the CU side, we start to see a glimpse of what is to come in the Hawk era. Close game in the first half, but the ground game and TE's get it rolling in the second half.

CU 28
csu 3

Does anybody know if the game is going to be in HD on FSN? I haven't heard it advertised if it's going to be or not.

Back