What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2007 Rocky Mountain Showdown prediction thread

Funny how fans are so sure their team is suddenly going to blow out their opponent (I read the same b.s. here and on Ramnation). There is no evidence for that. Projections of 30 and 40 and 63 point wins crack me up. It's like that old Saturday Night Live skit:

"Okay, how 'bout dis. Ditka vs. da Soviet Army."

"Ditka, seventy ta tree."

It was a 4-pt game last year, folks. And, as is usually the case in recent years, it could have gone either way. While I think CU is going to be much better this year due to Hawk's schemes taking hold and you finally having a decent QB, CSU is returning almost all its starters PLUS Kyle Bell. So you're looking at two teams that are very similar to last year's teams.

I think there is more scoring this year, but CSU's experience should give us an edge:

CSU 31 CU 24

Having said that, if anyone has reliably picked this game over the years, let me know. I sure haven't.

Does anybody know if the game is going to be in HD on FSN? I haven't heard it advertised if it's going to be or not.

I had heard it was, and I think the ASU game too. Might re-up my Direct TV package if that is true, and it is offered on Direct TV. (canceled the HD part sice there was not alot of programming wo years ago.)

Based on the fact that we were god awful last year, and a D1AA team beat us worse then CSU, and the fact that we have improved a lot since then, I think that we win. But Bell is a beast for them, so I think that it is closer then it should be.

CU-24
CSU-20

And Lammie Fusker looses points for not being able to spell his own QBs name correctly.

Funny how fans are so sure their team is suddenly going to blow out their opponent (I read the same b.s. here and on Ramnation). There is no evidence for that.

Did you get lost? They didn't even teach you a sense of direction at that hayseed school of yours? The name of the site you are on is "allbuffs" and yes there are a bunch of buff homers here.

Did you get lost? They didn't even teach you a sense of direction at that hayseed school of yours? The name of the site you are on is "allbuffs" and yes there are a bunch of buff homers here.

What did he say that made you think that? :confused:

So who is out for us this game?

Smith - Big loss, but Williams and Celestine have looked good too
Sipili - Huge loss, but Brown should be serviceable
Perri - No idea. His highlights were good. Will affect depth, but we got through it last year.
Kaynor - Same as Perri
Burton - Was good as a true frosh, but has been quiet since
Jackson? - Potential x factor if he plays.

Am I missing any?

Those are some pretty big holes in the lineup and my optimism about this game has been tempered quite a bit. I do however think that BJax will play. Basically he just needs to learn the plays that will be designed either specifically for him or that are designed with him as an option or decoy.

I'm fully expecting CU to come out recharged and ready to prove that they are much better than last year's record showed:

CU - 30
CSU - 21

I had a crazy dream last night. So I figured it must be true so I'm going to post the results of my dream. (After the game the fans beat up some hockey players for hitting someone with a hockey stick.) My dreams rocks. Its like going to the movies on acid.

CU 157, CSU 36

I had a crazy dream last night. So I figured it must be true so I'm going to post the results of my dream. (After the game the fans beat up some hockey players for hitting someone with a hockey stick.) My dreams rocks. Its like going to the movies on acid.

CU 157, CSU 36

Sounds like you are sleeping on acid :lol::thumbsup:

Back