What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2008 Colorado Football Open and Walkout Videos

I'm considering announcing my entry to a room/bar/party/place of work by shouting:

"Walrus is HEA"

and then maybe adding, "y'all" a few seconds later.

I think the first song was intended as a knockoff on the Big and Rich ESPN College Football theme (which I don't really like either).

Maybe they could commission someone else to do the song?

I nominate (in no particular order):

-Cross Canadian Ragweed
-The Gourds
-Tenacious D (Ef yeah!)
-Big Head Todd (kinda makes sense)
-NOT the Samples
-Leftover Salmon, if they collaberate with Waylon again
-Jane's Addiction (might really get the crowd going--even more than playing the opposition's fight song).
-Supersuckers
-STP
-Dwight Yoakam
-Drive by Truckers
-White Stripes

Obviously this all assumes that G-n-R won't get back together just for CU Football, that AC/DC is otherwise busy, and that exhuming Randy Rhoades isn't realistic.

Finally, I'm assuming that Motley Crue can't hop into a time machine return to the monsters they were before they recorded "Without You"--there are some sins that can't be forgiven (that goes for you too, Jane Fonda).

I think the first song was intended as a knockoff on the Big and Rich ESPN College Football theme (which I don't really like either).

Colorado didn't commission some no talent hack to create that song for them, some no talent hack had already created it... they just (unwisely) chose to use it in that video.

The "artist" is Cowboy Troy, and he calls his music "Hick hop". I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's one musician who I'd be willing to admit creates worse music than Creed. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to say that about anyone else ever again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY56GVJwCQs"]YouTube - Buffalo Stampede[/ame]

Note: Please only use the embedded video for the purposes of verifying that it's the same song... I am not to be held responsible if you choose to listen to the whole song and end up stabbing yourself in the neck with a ballpoint pen as a result of it.

wow. "hick hop"? I really want to know who decided that using "hick hop" was a good idea. Just the name itself makes me want to stab myself in the neck with a ballpoint pen...

Well thank somebody wised up to the first video. I would have died of shame for my university if that is what they played at the field.

My nomination to replace them:
Tenacious D (oh wait already nominated) SECONDED!!!

And of course, the Braveheart speach! Only instead of crazy scots men mooning the brits can we change them into buffalos and the brits into nebraskans?

The "artist" is Cowboy Troy, and he calls his music "Hick hop". I can't believe I'm saying this, but he's one musician who I'd be willing to admit creates worse music than Creed. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to say that about anyone else ever again.

Dammit RM! I was going to find a worse band or singer than Creed and prove you wrong, but I couldn't!

Mariah Carey, I actually hate more--that vocal thing she does makes me suicidal, but technically speaking it's not worse that Creed.

I considered Foreigner, but mostly because they wrote:

I've been watching you.
Do you want to have a rendevous?
If you do...
We have to get rid of you know who.

But, I couldn't designate them the worst band ever, because they gave us Jukebox Hero.

Similarly, I wanted to punish Def Lepard for releasing Armageddon It, which might be the actual worse SONG ever and then subsequently releasing a string of 20 suck-job ballads, but they were buoyed by previous efforts on Pyromania and High and Dry.

So yes, Creed might be the worst band ever, but I haven't given up. CowBoy Troy doesn't count since, he's not a recognized artist and hasn't released anything on a larger stage.

Did we PAY for that song ? OMG that is horrible.:sad2:

What that song needs is more COWBELL! :smile2:

To my untrained ear, that Buffalo Stampede song sounds no better or worse than what's posted over on the hip hop thread.

For worst band: Abba. Or maybe Roxette.

Maybe we could use that hick-hop garbage as a walk-out song FOR THE OTHER TEAM.
Imagine Nebraska walking out onto Folsom having their band drowned out by that.

What that song needs is more COWBELL! :smile2:

To my untrained ear, that Buffalo Stampede song sounds no better or worse than what's posted over on the hip hop thread.

It's all the same...only the names have changed...

Maybe we could use that hick-hop garbage as a walk-out song FOR THE OTHER TEAM.
Imagine Nebraska walking out onto Folsom having their band drowned out by that.

I really like that idea... I think we could find better music to use for that though

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYnjASLYKdA"]YouTube - Tiny Tim - "Tip-Toe Thru' The Tulips With Me" 1968[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMmleEJK0Y"]YouTube - 3oh!3: HORNZ[/ame]

Use the first 30 seconds of this at least, maybe up to 50 when they say colorado. Or just use it for the csu game alone

The list of bands that is the worst ever begins and ends with the Counting Crows. After that, it's all academic.

For worst band: Abba.

:stupid::yeahthat:

1976_abba_moulin_rouge_style.jpg

You ABBA haters can kiss off. I love that swedish super group sound!!!

You ABBA haters can kiss off. I love that swedish super group sound!!!

Alotta folks would like to masturbate in public, too.
But that doesn't make it right.
There are some things are better kept in private.

Alotta folks would like to masturbate in public, too.
But that doesn't make it right.
There are some things are better kept in private.

You can dance
You can sing
Having the time of your life.

Oooooh oooh see that girl
Watch that scene
digging the dancing queen!!!!

You can dance
You can sing
Having the time of your life.

Oooooh oooh see that girl
Watch that scene
digging the dancing queen!!!!