1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009-10 Basketball Schedules Announced

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RSSBot, Jul 22, 2009.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Colorado has announced its men's and women's schedules for the 2009-10 basketball season.

Originally from CUBuffs.com Headline News
    Posted by RSSBot

2. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

It looks like CU's Men's basketball schedule especially during the non-conference portion isn't that difficult.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Other than the Maui portion it looks like a typical CU non-conference schedule. Meh.

4. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Hey Valdez. Can you move this to the hoops forum?

Looking at the non-conference portion I don't think it's too much to ask for 10 wins going into conference play. I still really wish we'd play DU, Air Force, Wyoming, New Mexico, and even UNC. A lot better than playing some of the riff-raff we're playing again this season.

5. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

Another year, another largely disappointing non-conference schedule...sure, Maui is great, but I'll bet we end up playing Chaminade at least once in the bracket...scheduling a game vs. Colorado Christian (D-II I think), is pretty much unforgivable...why not try to schedule Northern Colorado or DU instead if they're looking for someone local to play?

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

CU needs to schedule in the non-conference so that we've got a good chance of getting 10 wins before conference play. That's relative to where we are as a program, so if we get better I expect to see more matchups with decent (or at least bigger name) programs.

As it stands:

We've got a non-conference that delivers at least 10 probable wins plus good matchups with Oregon State (CBI champs last year), Cal State Northridge (NCAA team last year), plus the Maui Invitational (should give us 1 or 2 chances for a signature non-conference win).

After non-conference, we should be in a position where a 6-10 Big 12 record gets us into a postseason tournament. Plus, we get to finish with Iowa State, @Nebraska, Texas Tech. So we've got things set up well for being able to go into the Big 12 Tourney with some momentum and look good as a bubble team.

Would I like to see teams like UCLA, Michigan State, North Carolina & UConn coming to Boulder? Hell, yeah. But we need to build to that. The schedule is perfect for where CU is as a program.

7. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

Not to be negative nancy on the subject, but I'm not asking for UCLA, Michigan State, North Carolina & UConn on the schedule(Apparently the Tar Heels are coming to Boulder in the next year or two anyway). But schedule the local/regional teams at least.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I could get on board with the locals. We are, in fact, playing CSU.

In another thread, I suggested that I'd love to see a "Colorado Classic" tourney put together with all of the D1 teams in the state (CU, CSU, DU, UNC, AFA). Round robin format where everyone plays everyone over 2 days of double-headers. I think it would be a blast.

I could also get behind border state programs like UNM, NMSt, Wyo, BYU, Utah, UtahSt, Tulsa, etc. Without making the schedule a lot more difficult, I agree there are ways to play games that are more interesting to local fans.

9. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Understandably not a very exciting schedule outside of the Maui trip, but also a good look at going undefeated at home during the non-conference stretch. Realistically I say the Buffs drop two at home before the Big 12 starts, but let's hope that's worst case scenario, eh?

10. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i'd love to buy season tix out of principle but until there is something to see (which is to say, the AD makes an effort), i stick with the GA ticket for conference games. i'm a big hoops guy, but every frickin year they talk about an upgrade and it's RPI 250+ teams.

last year, we backed out of return road trip to Tulsa. way to go.

edit: i see we return the Tulsa game this year, my bad.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  11. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Was Jeff trying to back out of this game? I didn't hear about that.