What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2010-11 Colorado Men's Basketball Schedule

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Nov 12 Idaho State (9-20), Boulder - Win (88-80)
Nov 16 Georgia (20-10), Athens - Loss (74-83)
Nov 20 San Francisco (17-13), San Francisco - Loss (81-83 OT)
Nov 23 Alcorn State (4-24), Boulder - Win (91-51)
Nov 28 Harvard (23-5), Cambridge - Loss (66-82)
Nov 30 Texas-Pan American (6-24), Boulder - Win (83-64)
Dec 04 Oregon State (10-19), Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series, Boulder - Win (83-57)
Dec 08 Colorado State (19-11), Boulder - Win (90-83 OT)
Dec 17 The Citadel (10-22), Boulder - Win (89-61)
Dec 19 Longwood (12-19), Boulder - Win (104-59)
Dec 22 New Mexico (20-11), Las Vegas Classic, Las Vegas - Loss (76-89)
Dec 23 Indiana (12-19), Las Vegas Classic, Las Vegas - Win (78-69)
Dec 29 Maryland Eastern Shore (8-21), Boulder - Win (92-65)
Jan 02 Cal State Bakersfield (9-19), Bakersfield - Win (85-73)
Jan 05 Western New Mexico (14-16), Boulder - Win (92-70)
Jan 08 #24 Missouri (22-9), Boulder - Win (89-76)
Jan 12 Kansas State (22-9), Manhattan - Win (74-66)
Jan 15 Oklahoma State (18-12), Boulder - Win (75-71)
Jan 18 Nebraska (19-11), Lincoln - Loss (67-79)
Jan 22 Oklahoma (13-17), Norman - Loss (60-67)
Jan 25 #2 Kansas (29-2), Boulder - Loss (78-82)
Jan 29 Baylor (18-12), Waco - Loss (70-66)
Feb 01 Iowa State (16-15), Boulder - Win (95-69)
Feb 05 #24 Missouri (22-9), Columbia - Loss (73-89)
Feb 09 #22 Texas A&M (23-7), Boulder - Loss (70-73 OT)
Feb 12 Kansas State (22-9), Boulder - Win (58-56)
Feb 19 #2 Kansas (29-2), Lawrence - Loss (63-89)
Feb 23 Texas Tech (13-18), Lubbock - Win (71-68)
Feb 26 #8 Texas (25-6), Boulder - Win (91-89)
Mar 02 Iowa State (16-15), Ames - Loss (90-95)
Mar 05 Nebraska (19-11), Boulder - Win (67-57)

Mar 9-12 Big 12 Championships, Kansas City
Wednesday, March 9
No. 8 Nebraska vs. No. 9 Oklahoma State
No. 5 Colorado vs. No. 12 Iowa State - Win (77-75)
No. 7 Baylor vs. No. 10 Oklahoma
No. 6 Missouri vs. No. 11 Texas Tech

Thursday, March 10
No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 9 Oklahoma State
No. 4 Kansas State vs. No. 5 Colorado - Win (87-75)
No. 2 Texas vs. No. 10 Oklahoma
No. 3 Texas A&M vs. No. 6 Missouri

Friday, March 11
No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 5 Colorado - Loss (83-90)
No. 2 Texas vs. No. 3 Texas A&M

Saturday, March 12
No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 2 Texas

NIT Round 1 (higher seed's home court)
Wednesday, March 16 @ 7pm
No. 1 Colorado vs No. 8 Texas Southern at 7pm MDT on ESPN3 - Win (88-74)
No. 4 California vs No. 5 Mississippi at 7pm MDT on ESPN2

NIT Round 2 (higher seed's home court)
Friday, March 18 @ 7:30pm
No. 1 Colorado vs No. 4 California - Win (89-72)

NIT Quarterfinals (higher seed's home court)
Tuesday, March 22 @ 7pm
No. 1 Colorado vs No. 7 Kent State - Win (81-74)

NIT Semifinals (Madison Square Garden)
Tuesday, March 29 @ 7pm Mountain Time
No. 1 Colorado vs. No. 1 Alabama

NIT Final (Madison Square Garden)
March 31
Game TBD

Official Schedule with Game Times and Network Coverage

2010-2011 Record: 24-13 (10-9 Big 12)
CU RPI: 58
CU Sagarin: 52
CU Pomeroy: 57

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much to look forward to in the Keg for non-conference, but I'm excited anyway. Love me some Buff basketball!!

Important thing in the non-conference is that we need to get wins. The Big 12 is tough. Assuming that we can go 8-8 in the conference, we are going to need to come up big in the OOC if we're going to make the NCAAs. 13-2? Probably still need to win a game or two in the Big 12 tourney if we want to go dancing. I can't wait, though. Sending in my season ticket renewals tomorrow.

:dance::dance::dance:

Now that the football team is hopeless, I am now excited for the talk to be back on basketball.

Important thing in the non-conference is that we need to get wins. The Big 12 is tough. Assuming that we can go 8-8 in the conference, we are going to need to come up big in the OOC if we're going to make the NCAAs. 13-2? Probably still need to win a game or two in the Big 12 tourney if we want to go dancing. I can't wait, though. Sending in my season ticket renewals tomorrow.

I agree with you that we NEED a great OOC record and a few wins in the Big 12 tourney if we only go 8-8 in conference and expect to go dancing. Assuming no drop off, rather improvement, from last year, I say we go 8-8, have a decent OOC record, but in the tourney, we make some noise and make the NCAA's bubble.

The only tough part is Boyle. It seems that the consensus is that Boyle is a good hire, but we still don't know how the team will play under him. Who knows how he is as a coach at this level, and with this team? I'm hoping for the best. I'm also hoping that he signs some kids in the early period before potential disappointing losses mount.

We have some good players this year. I am excited to see what they can do. Hopefully the coaching transition is smooth and the team picks up from where they left off last year with some very close-to-great performances and wins some big games. It will be great to see Burks and Higgins get some relief on the offensive end. We should be an exciting team to watch. Can't wait to pack Coors and forget about the abysmal football season.

I got my season ticket renew form in the mail last week. I need to fill it out and get it back today.

going 11-2 OOC doesn't mean squat if most of the teams rpi is 250+. 20 wins means almost nothing these days, it's a cosmetic stat. 20 doesn't guarantee an NCAA bid, for does 18 or 19 preclude one. not a fan of padding the OOC with cupcakes, serious cupcakes, like these. you play a half dozen "nw ambiguous religious affiliation or city/state tech/state" teams because that's how it works....but, we need to improve the OOC if we want any attendance before January. not to mention getting ready for league by playing good teams.

i like the Vegas options and hope the AD starts to market the hell out of the Org State game....gotta get people inside the gym. no one is gonna say "hey, Alcorn State!....let's go to the CEC!"

that said, very excited excited.

<<-----------------

and yes, Billy Gillespie rode cupcake OOC's to success at ATM.

This is a reasonable schedule. Yes the OOC schedule isn't the strongest, but the Big 12 will provide plenty of opportunity for quality wins. New Mexico will be a great game, the Lobos are very good these days. We definitely need to kick CSU's ass, Oregon State and Georgia should be improved, and games like San Francisco and Harvard are appealing in their own way. I'd love for the Buffs get to play Indiana, hope it falls into place in Vegas. I do question why CU is playing tiny Longwood from Farmville, VA. The Big 12 should be really strong -- very tough start to conference play with Mizzou and then a roadie at KSU, but I think the Buffs are going to be ready to really compete and experience success this program hasn't seen for a long time.

The Georgia game on Nov 16th will likely be a hard test, Georgia according to Andy Katz is a boarderline Top 25 team. It would be pretty sweet to beat a Top 25 team on the road in the early season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...5691781/after-hummel-injury-purdue-slips-no-2

Im not counting on it, I think you can count the amount of times that CU has beat a ranked team on the road on my one hand.

Yeah. Georgia's been a flavor of the month sleeper pick for a lot of people this season. However, they are also coming off a 14-17 season with a 5-11 conference record in the much weaker SEC. Thompkins and Leslie give them a great 1-2 punch, though. I can't believe both of them came back for their senior year.

We didn't get blown out by too many teams last year. We were competitive and had our chances to win against some very good teams. We are returning a lot of experienced players this year and it's time to win some of those close ones by taking care of the ball at the end of the game, rebounding, and getting buckets on controlled possessions with a lead late in the 2nd half. Can't make those same mistakes that cost us ballgames last year. The Georgia game should be a good indication of what we are made of even though it is very early in the season.

the schedule sucks. We have our first taste on the 12th and then have to wait two weeks for the next game. Bohn is like a crack dealer.

the schedule sucks. We have our first taste on the 12th and then have to wait two weeks for the next game. Bohn is like a crack dealer.
You lost me on that one. I'd be very surprised if anyone other than the coaching staff is responsible for setting up schedules. I know that on the WBB side, almost the entire schedule is a 'parting gift' from the former staff. If the men's is similar, the current staff probably inherited a partially completed schedule and had to scrable around to try to fill in the rest of it with the type of games they would want.

That would make sense, except Bohn has very little to do with scheduling in bball, or most sports other than football...

I'll be at the Harvard game. First time seeing any Buff team in person since graduation. I'm bummed Jeremy Lin isn't at Harvard anymore, but I can't wait to watch our boys beat up on the Ivy Leaguers.

I'll be at the Harvard game. First time seeing any Buff team in person since graduation. I'm bummed Jeremy Lin isn't at Harvard anymore, but I can't wait to watch our boys beat up on the Ivy Leaguers.

You'll have to do the nerd chant like we did at Cal's on campus bar.

"Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Neeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrds!"

All opponent records have been updated.

Also, CU's RPI and Sagarin rankings have been added.

We're at 279 and 198, respectively. It is absolutely essential that we win out on this home stand (Oregon State, CSU, Citadel, Longwood) so that we head to the Las Vegas Classic at 7-3.

With these last 2 wins, CU's RPI and Sagarin have improved from 279 & 198 to 208 & 160.

Just need to keep winning. The strength of the Big 12 is going to take care of our computer rankings for us if we've got a good record.

nice. However nik, I think you need to get ready for a very disappointing season. After watching the last game, I'm pretty convinced we are not going to have a fun year. The big 12 bigs are gonna KILL us.

nice. However nik, I think you need to get ready for a very disappointing season. After watching the last game, I'm pretty convinced we are not going to have a fun year. The big 12 bigs are gonna KILL us.

That's what I thought last year. We went 6-10 in conference and the Big 12 was stronger.

I'm going to continue to wait and see how this team develops.

That's what I thought last year. We went 6-10 in conference and the Big 12 was stronger.

I'm going to continue to wait and see how this team develops.

I prefer the syko, we are doooooomed route, thank you very much :smile2: But last year, we had a couple different things that we do NOT have this year:

(1) More big men to foul out. Tunks is out, and that other guy graduated. They weren't good, but they were 5 files. We rreplaced them with Roberson and Mills. Roberson is sweet, but small and not a replacement big. Mills is thin as a rail. It is not even a wash. We are worse here (for this year, until Mills fills out).

(2) An offense that our players understood and executed well. It also took the air out of the ball and slowed down the game, which allowed us to hide our deficiences and hang around hoping for a hot streak. Oh, and it also got us lots of open looks. We are bad... BAD on offense this year outside of great athleticism. It is not good.

(3) A healthy Higgins. He's been good this year, but also awful in spurts. I don't like how he keeps picking up new injuries. These things tend to happen in groups, and its not a good sign if he's already beat up in noncon.

My question that I am not sure of is this: Is our defense worse, or better, than last year? I have a feeling its worse. Please correct me if I am wrong. Our zone last year sure hid how bad of a defender Burks is...

All of these things are not good. We are not playing well on offense, and are spotty on D. Still have time to fix these things, but some of them are not fixable :huh:

That said, I hope I am wrong. Go Buffs!

On offense, it's interesting that it looks so bad to us. We're 17th in the nation in scoring and hitting 47.5% of our shots. That will get better as we learn the system and our assist totals improve. Or at least it should. If it doesn't, we're screwed.

On defense, we keep getting better. Last year's team couldn't have done what we did to Oregon State last Saturday. Our rotations are getting better and we are at least in better rebounding position from playing man instead of zone. I don't often see those series where the opposing team drives, throws up a wild shot, and then gets 2 or 3 offensive rebounds before scoring. Last year, that happened constantly. We have actually been about even with teams on the boards this year.

maybe we should move this to the "how good are we gonna be" poll thread you just started, but I am still shocked at those shooting #s and total offense #s. Our offense right now reminds of Hawks... like it is the hardest thing in the world to score points. Every shot feels difficult.

As far as rebounding goes, good point, we are light years better already at that. I guess it is just weird for me to see cory and alec getting consistently owned defensively and it is skewing my thoughts.

Another reason for our high FG % could be the extremely low # of 3s we shoot...

Shame Caleb Patterson is gone...he's up to 260 pounds at Missouri State...came in to Boulder a little above 200 (and 6-11).

Oh, my prediction? 14 wins. No post presence.

Back