What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2010 Big 12 Commitment Tracker

Re: Big 12 Commitment Tracker

so how good are we doing?

I really believe we've got some quality guys that have committed. Spond and Jones are 4* guys to lead the class so far. Lots of speed (with good size) among our other targets. My big concern is whether we'll be able to maintain quality while still bringing in a full class of 25 this year.

Looking at the rest of the North, it's not that impressive and we've got a good chance to be right there at the top.

I dont know how many kids are going to be convinced with the current HC, and IF Hack gets canned that may or may not reflect well on recruiting.

I dont know how many kids are going to be convinced with the current HC, and IF Hack gets canned that may or may not reflect well on recruiting.

It does seem like a lot of CU targets are taking a wait-and-see approach this year. I believe a new coach would help this class tremendously.

Nebraska poached an Oklahoma State recruit this week:

DE Chase Rome, MO (Rivals 4*, Scout 4*, ESPN 4*)

Rome also plays some DT.

Oklahoma picked up its 24th commitment this week:

OL Daryl Williams, TX (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

Mizzou was also after him.

Iowa State picked up its 10th commitment:

OL Shaban Dika, TX (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Some nice classes starting to shape up for our competition. Even lowly ISU with 10 commits now. Looks like most of the teams in the B12 are continuing to carry the banner for quality football. In the years to come we'll have plenty of B12 teams to cheer for during the bowl season.

Iowa State picked up its 11th (and best, imho) commitment:

OL Bob Graham, OK (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

Kansas and CSU had also been in the running for him.

Oklahoma State picked up its 23rd commitment:

ATH Joseph Randle, KS (Rivals 4*, Scout 4*, ESPN 3*)

He's probably a RB but maybe a Safety. Really good prospect, so at least he went to the Big 12 South (KU & KSU were also on him).

Iowa State is up to 13 commitments with the addition of 2 solid prospects:

DB Adrian Bennett, TX (Rivals 3*, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

TE Pierce Richardson, CA (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 2*)

Iowa State landed #14:

ATH Jarvis West, FL (Rivals 3*, Scout NR, ESPN 2*)

Primarily a WR, West is a little guy (5'6") but is a burner (4.3 - 4.5 forty).

Iowa State picked up its 15th pledge with a in-state 6'5" 260 defensive lineman:

DT Brandon Jensen, IA (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Nebraska picked up its 10th and 11th commitments this week:

ATH Curtis Carter, LA (Rivals 4*, Scout 2*, ESPN 3*)... a speedster who is likely a WR

WR Quincy Enunwa, CA (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)... decent size, average speed

Iowa State notched its 16th commitment this week by snagging a Safety out of Florida:

DB Clifford Morgan, FL (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Kansas pulled in commitment #15:

LB Ed Fink, IL (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Texas Tech reeled in its 21st commitment this week:

OL Eric Lawson, MS (Rivals 3*, Scout 2*, ESPN NR)

so how good are we doing?

Our quality's good. Right there with Nebraska at the top of the North.

If I was going to rate the Big 12 right now:

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma State
4. Texas A&M
5. Nebraska
6. Texas Tech
7. Baylor
8. Colorado
9. Missouri
10. Kansas
11. Iowa State
12. Kansas State

It's really fluid, though. We could easily move up.

Iowa State got their 18th pledge:

OL Ben Loth, CA (Rivals 3*, Scout 2*, ESPN 2*)

Texas got its 20th commit (and first non-Texas) by poaching one of the top players in the nation away from Lane Kiffin.

ATH DeMarco Cobbs, OK (Rivals 4*, Scout 5*, ESPN 4*)

Cobbs probably plays WR at UT.

Our quality's good. Right there with Nebraska at the top of the North.

If I was going to rate the Big 12 right now:

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma State
4. Texas A&M
5. Nebraska
6. Texas Tech
7. Baylor
8. Colorado
9. Missouri
10. Kansas
11. Iowa State
12. Kansas State

Rivals sees it just a little differently than you do

1. UT
2. OU
3. A&M
4. OKIE LIGHT
5. TECH with their fat, little girlfriends in tow
6. KANSAS
7. Hucksters
8. MISSOURI
9. BAYLOR
10. KSU
11. OUR PROUD GOLDEN BUFFS
12. ISU

The first 5 are B12 south, doesn't bode well for the north.

1. UT
2. OU
3. A&M
4. OKIE LIGHT
6. KANSAS
7. Hucksters
8. MISSOURI
9. BAYLOR
10. KSU
12. ISU

Pretty close. They like KU's class a lot more than I do (and Baylor's a lot less). Also, the Fuskers and Buffs got downgraded by them based on quantity. Hopefully we make a nice jump in the Rivals rankings after this weekend.

1. UT
2. OU
3. A&M
4. OKIE LIGHT
6. KANSAS
7. Hucksters
8. MISSOURI
9. BAYLOR
10. KSU
12. ISU

Keep in mind that the Buffs are behind the eight ball a bit with numbers at this juncture. I like the class thus far (do not love it), but I am going to be really disappointed if we sign a very small class (again).

Okie Lite was able to poach a commitment from Mizzou. OSU up to 24, MU down to 14.

OL Jacob Jenkins, TX (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Keep in mind that the Buffs are behind the eight ball a bit with numbers at this juncture. I like the class thus far (do not love it), but I am going to be really disappointed if we sign a very small class (again).

I really don't know what kind of class we will have when the dust finally settles from this season.

Mizzou has picked up its 15th pledge this week, a very good weakside pass rusher:

DE Kony Ealy, MO (Rivals 4*, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Oklahoma pulled in its 25th commitment:

TE Austin Haywood, OK (Rivals 3*, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Haywood is a big Tight End (6'5", 240) that CU was recruiting but hadn't offered. OU was his dream offer, so this was expected to happen if the Sooners stepped up. Julian Wilson (one of the top 2010 ATH prospects) and Kendal Thompson (one of the top 2011 QB prospects) are HS teammates with Haywood and have both also pledged OU.

Just doing a little housecleaning on a couple Big 12 commits from before this weekend:

Iowa State picked up its 19th pledge: LB Jeremiah George, FL (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

Kansas State got another JUCO (15th commit): OL Jordan Allred (Rivals NR, Scout 2*, ESPN NR)

Edit: 8 of KSU's 15 verbals are JUCOS :rolleyes:

Oklahoma pulled in its 25th commitment:

TE Austin Haywood, OK (Rivals 3*, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Haywood is a big Tight End (6'5", 240) that CU was recruiting but hadn't offered. OU was his dream offer, so this was expected to happen if the Sooners stepped up. Julian Wilson (one of the top 2010 ATH prospects) and Kendal Thompson (one of the top 2011 QB prospects) are HS teammates with Haywood and have both also pledged OU.

I've watched Haywood. Talented, but speed is an issue. The qb (thompson) is the son of one of the land thieves former-greats. No brainer there, as to where he'd go.

One to watch for next year - David Glidden wr/db/kr, Mustang HS. Kid is a playmeker - has 18 td/s this year. 5/10-5/11 range, about 180, and reportedly 4.41 40 time. The Southmoore/Mustang game was for the district championship and featured 4 OU commits (3 aforementioned from Southmoore, plus Bronson Irwin from Mustang), but the most electric player on the field was Glidden.

Missouri picked up its 16th pledge, a QB/S prospect with offers from Georgia Tech, LSU and others:

ATH Darvin Ruise, FL (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

The Corn pulled in numbers 12 and 13 this weekend:

DT Jay Guy, TX (Rivals 3*, Scout 4*, ESPN 3*)
DB Joshua Mitchell, CA (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN NR)

Back