What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2010 Big 12 Commitment Tracker

Re: Big 12 Commitment Tracker

Kansas picked up commitment #14: DB Ray Mitchell, TX (Rivals 2*, Scout 2*, ESPN 2)

Nebraska nabbed #17. a WVU de-commit: RB Braylon Heard, OH (Rivals 4*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

Oklahoma State got #27: DB Malcolm Murray (JC), CA (Rivals 4*, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Missouri pulled its 24th pledge, a de-commit from Illinois:

DB Dexter McDonald, MO (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

Is there a way to put a thread on ignore? This is the most depressing thread on this board.

Texas pulled in commit #25 from a DE that CU had recently offered and was trying to get scheduled for a visit:

DE Dartwan Bush, TX (Rivals 3*, Scout 2*, ESPN 3*)

Texas A&M's 23rd commit is from the JUCO ranks:

DT Jonathan Mathis (JC), TX (Rivals 4*, Scout 2*, ESPN NR)

Oklahoma had a de-commit:

DB Eddrick Loften, TX (Rivals 4*, Scout 4*, ESPN 3*)

Texas A&M picked up #24: DB Tony Hurd, Jr., TX (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 4*). Hurd had previously been committed to Notre Dame.

Texas got #22: WR Darius White, TX (Rivals 4*, Scout 5*, ESPN 5*). White is one of the top 3 WR prospects in the country.

White gives the Horns an embarrassment of riches at WR in this class. Hard as it is to believe, Mack Brown may be putting together his best class ever. They have a good shot at two more 5* prospects to close out this class.

Colorado secured its 13th commitment today:

OT Kaiwi Crabb, HI (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

:cool:

Iowa State picked up its 24th and 25th pledges:

RB Duran Hollis, TX (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)
RB Shontrelle Johnson, FL (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

Oklahoma picked up its 27th pledge:

DT Damon Williams, TX (Rivals 3*, Scout NR, ESPN 2*)

It sounds like he may have been a backup plan to Eric Humphrey and they went with Williams once they knew they wouldn't be landing Humphrey.

I'll get to all the updates after I get home from the basketball game tonight. And if some Nubber news percolated for a day or two before I got to it... let's just say it won't cost me any sleep. :wink2:

Nebraska picked up its 18th pledge: ATH Kenny Bell, CO (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*)

Buffnik, it seems like every year, oklahoma state has 27 or more commits, reminds me of some sec schools. What's the deal?

Buffnik, it seems like every year, oklahoma state has 27 or more commits, reminds me of some sec schools. What's the deal?

Remember Dexter Manley, the great Oklahoma State and NFL defensive end? He came out in the press to talk about how he is illiterate and was just passed through school all those years including college. Some of OSU's recruits aren't up to the Dexter Manley standard and don't make it into school. :smile2:

Also, there's probably some attrition so some of their number above 25 is usually JUCOs who sign early and don't count toward that year's number.

CU has added its 14th commitment:

RB Tony Jones, NJ (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 2*)

Jones was named the Gatorade Player of the Year in New Jersey for leading Don Bosco Prep to the #1 National Ranking. Jones was a starter for the football power since his freshman year.

Oklahoma secured its 28th commit (and 4th DT):

DT Eric Humphrey, TX (Rivals 4*, Scout 3*, ESPN 4*)

Both Humphrey and Torrea Peterson were DT targets of Colorado. Are they really going to sign 4?

Colorado has secured 2 new pledges:

LB Evan Harrington (JUCO), MD (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

and

TE Henley Griffon (Rivals NR, Scout NR, ESPN NR)

Colorado now has 16 commitments for the class of 2010.

:dance:

Edit: Previously had CO K Justin Castor as committed to Colorado. Castor is de-committed from Kansas, but is only a CU lean at this point.

Last edited:
Texas Tech has had a de-commitent and is down to 24 pledges:

DB Tre'Vante Porter, OK (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*) will be playing elsewhere

Texas Tech has had a de-commitent and is down to 24 pledges:

DB Tre'Vante Porter, OK (Rivals 3*, Scout 3*, ESPN 3*) will be playing elsewhere

Did you see this article:

Carl Albert's Tre Porter back at square one after Mike Leach's firing

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/carl-alberts-..._click=pod_headline_high-school#ixzz0ccfNX5Gs

Says that CU was one of the first to call him when the Leach trouble started, but sadly we aren't on his top 5 or scheduled for a visit.

Any word on how Justin Castor feels about joining the Buffs?

Visiting this weekend, so I would expect to get some updates Sunday night/ Monday morning timeframe. Who knows, maybe we get an early 2011 verbal from one of the Junior Day guys, too?

First off, I've finally gotten the commitment lists up-to-date. I'd fallen behind by a couple weeks.

Also, you may notice some changes:

- No longer tracking total commits from each state (it was a pain in the ass)
- All Colorado commits are now listed and linked as the 1st post in the thread
- Commitments have been divided into "Signees" and "Verbals" (Signees include Late Qualifiers from the 2009 class; Anyone in the Signees category may optionally be counted to the 2009 class)
- Ratings for every prospect on Rivals, Scout and ESPN are no longer being tracked (too much work and I never kept up with it to include updated ratings anyway)
- ESPN is the primary list I'm using since it's the most user-friendly, but their info may not be 100% correct or current

Kansas State added another verbal from in-state RB Deveon Dinwiddie. 2* on Rivals, unrated by Scout & ESPN.

Good day for the Jayhawks:

Snagged DB Dexter McDonald, MO from Mizzou

&

Added little known DE Keba Agostinho, TX

The rich get richer.

Texas landed DE Jackson Jeffcoat, TX, who is considered one of the nation's top 5 prospects this cycle.

Oklahoma stole LB Corey Nelson, TX, from Texas A&M. Nelson was one of their top recruits and had been a verbal commit since July. They may be also be losing DT Jackson Richards, TX, to LSU (visiting this weekend).

Speaking of LSU, they're also hosting Texas Tech's top commit, WR Kadron Boone, FL, this weekend. LSU needs another wideout and don't be surprised if they land Boone.

Jeffcoat is a big pickup for the Horns. They are also expected to land 5* LB Jordan Hicks out of Ohio later today as well. Could be Mack Brown's best class ever.

Nelson situation is not over, he is not technically committed to the Sooners right now. Looks good for them though. That would be a huge loss for A&M, they are really lacking in defensive talent.

BB,

Good call on Corey Nelson not being committed to the Sooners yet. OUInsider on Rivals and ESPN Rumors both had him as an Oklahoma commit, but...

the Texas A&M ESPN affiliate just reported the following:

Despite reports, four-star outside linebacker Corey Nelson (Dallas/Skyline) is still committed to Texas A&M and has not switched to Oklahoma, ESPN affiliate Web site TexAgs.com reports.

Nelson said via text, "I'm not committed to OU and I will remain an Aggie. It's my future. Report that please. Tell everyone I'm through with recruiting and I will remain at A&M. It's my future."

I'll switch him back to TAMU on the first page (although I still think that it's not a done deal and it could be OU on NSD).

Back