What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2010 Buff schedule & projection

7-5 - Hawkins gets a one-year extension and our recruiting is f-ed for another year...with ripple effects for years to come....

CSU - W
CAL - L
Hawaii - W
Georgia - W
Missouri - L
Baylor - W
TT - L
Oklahoma - L
Kansas - L
ISU - W
KSU - W
Nebraska - W
Why the loss to Kansas?

9-3 if our OLine plays like I have expected. 3-9 if not.....

CSU - W
CAL - L
Hawaii - W
Georgia - W
Missouri - L
Baylor - W
TT - W
Oklahoma - L
Kansas - W
ISU - W
KSU - W
Nebraska - W

CSU - W
CAL - L
Hawaii - W
Georgia - W
Missouri - L
Baylor - W
TT - W
Oklahoma - L
Kansas - W
ISU - W
KSU - W
Nebraska - W

man, i love that enthusiasm. i wish i still had some left.

CSU - W
CAL - L
Hawaii - W
Georgia - W
Missouri - L
Baylor - W
TT - W
Oklahoma - L
Kansas - W
ISU - W
KSU - W
Nebraska - W

Too many Ws. Sorry, I would have agreed last year but what I went thru last year took it out of me. I would thing 4-6 wins max. More and I will be very surprised. As DBT said, if we do not start out quick, this season will get ugly quickly. The fans and press will be all over Hawk. You thought the soap opera from last year was bad? Start off with 2 loses out of the first three, and people will begin talking about firing him all over. Hell, lose to CSU and it will start in week 1. Too much pressure for a coach who is not handling it well already. Should be fun to read the Burned to the ground type comments next season.

Wow. I sure am a pessimist. Maybe 4 wins.

CSU - W
CAL - L
Hawaii - W
Georgia - L
Missouri - L
Baylor - L
TT - L
Oklahoma - L
Kansas - L
ISU - W
KSU - W
Nebraska - L

Too many Ws. Sorry, I would have agreed last year but what I went thru last year took it out of me. I would thing 4-6 wins max. More and I will be very surprised. As DBT said, if we do not start out quick, this season will get ugly quickly. The fans and press will be all over Hawk. You thought the soap opera from last year was bad? Start off with 2 loses out of the first three, and people will begin talking about firing him all over. Hell, be losing to CSU in the first quarter and it will start right there. Too much pressure for a coach who is not handling it well already. Should be fun to read the Burned to the ground type comments next season.
fify

This thread needs to be revisited in August. Hell, they havn't even played the spring game yet and the rest of the frosh class won't be here for a few more months.

Game is on the road. We suck on the road. That doesn't explain why he thinks we'll beat the fuskers. Probably made that pick out of habit.

CU usually plays NU close. I'd be more surprised by CU losing to Kansas. Gill's facing a helluva challenge.

How about a best-case scenario of 7-5 and a December date in Yankee Stadium? At least that sounds better than "Toilet Bowl"
I admire your optimism, but seriously, it would take Talkins 2 years to win 7 games. I see some penciling in KSU as a win. Snyder is 10 times as smart as Talkins, last year's game was a total embarrassment. I really don't see any road wins - maybe CSU, if you count that as a road game.

Last edited:
I dont see a single elite player...............maybe a 2nd-3rd team all-conference or something for 2-3.................no studs

teams usually succeed to their talent level.............we AINT GOT IT,.......another losing season is in the immediate future

Where is all of this talent? I don't see it. To me, cu wins between 4-6 games next year.

I admire your optimism, but seriously, it would take Talkins 2 years to win 7 games. I see some penciling in KSU as a win. Snyder is 10 times as smart as Talkins, last year's game was a total embarrassment. I really don't see any road wins - maybe CSU, if you count that as a road game.

7-5 was "best case" scenario only, as the OP had mentioned a little too harsh "best case" scenario.

My personal opinion is a 5-7 year, but if the toughest home game gets changed then maybe 6-6.

I don't want to discuss "worst case" because we all know how bad it could get if we lose the first week.

My prediction

CSU- W
Cal- L
Hawaii- W
Georgia- L
Missouri- L
Baylor- W
TT- L
Oklahoma- L
Kansas- W
ISU- W
KSU- W
Nebraska- L

6-6, completely honest. This team could pull an upset or two... maybe Cal, Tech, or Nebraska (if their offense is as bad as it was last year). But this team could also drop some of the games they should win. With Hawkins you never know.

CSU- W
Cal- L
Hawaii- W
Fresno State- L
Missouri- L
Baylor- L
TT- W
Oklahoma- L
Kansas- W
ISU- L
KSU- W
Nebraska- W

6-6 for me

CU usually plays NU close. I'd be more surprised by CU losing to Kansas. Gill's facing a helluva challenge.

Hawkins is 0-6 against first year head coaches in the Big XII (which Gill is) and is 0-10 against the Big XII north on the road (which this game is).

Dan Hawkins on the road in the Big XII North

2006:

Missouri - L 13-28
Kansas - L 15-20
Nebraska - L 14-37

2007:

Kansas St - L 20-47
Iowa St - L 28-31

2008:
Kansas - L 14-30
Missouri - L 0-58
Nebraska - L 31-40

2009:

Kansas St - L 6-20
Iowa St - L 10-17

That's being outscored 328 (32.8 points per game) to 151 (15.1 points per game) in Dan Hawkins' 10 road games in the Big XII North. That has nothing to do with talent or lack thereof. We are poorly coached and poorly motivated and you only have to look as far as our road play in a weak division to see that.

4 wins.

Back