What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2011 Schedule, Roster & Coaches

Re: Buffs Roster for 2010

Just made some major updates based on Keenan Stevens being put on scholarship and 4 of our walk-ons deciding not to return to the team next year (Aweida, Cooney, LaBarge and Slota).

bump-

Montana's site is always worth a look.

It's sounding like Celestine did everything asked of him to earn back his scholarship. We'll find out once grades are in for this semester, but the signs are positive.

Ya know, sometimes there are happy endings. I hope this works out for KC....I'm rootin' for him.

Montana's now got his "'10 First Look: Wide Receivers" up on http://www.cuatthegame.com/2009/10-first-look-wide-receivers/

Great synopsis. Can't argue with our top 2 of Simas and McKnight being money. Talent, but lots of questions and need for guys to step up as speed guys who can make explosive plays. Clemons? Celestine? Simmons? Jefferson? Ussery? Darden? 2010 recruit or transfer?

:confused:

You sure you posted in the right thread?

You mean every thread isn't the perfect place for that kind of insight?? :huh:

Buffnik said:
Montana's now got his \"'10 First Look: Wide Receivers\" up on http://www.cuatthegame.com/2009/10-f...ide-receivers/

Great synopsis. Can't argue with our top 2 of Simas and McKnight being money. Talent, but lots of questions and need for guys to step up as speed guys who can make explosive plays. Clemons? Celestine? Simmons? Jefferson? Ussery? Darden? 2010 recruit or transfer?

Great work by Montana, as always...

I'm so excited about the WR position for next year, no matter how much I tell myself to keep the expectations in check. Simas and McKnight are an excellent combo as starters. Clemons should be no worse than #3, if the good practice reports are right. Simmons and WillJeff will have some time in the program, which should help them. Simmons has the tools to be a beast, it just needs to show up on the field. Celestine, if he can get back, should be able to fill the Espinoza role, only with speed. Throw in guys like Ussery and Darden that shouldn't need to do much more than get their feet wet next year. On paper it looks like about as good a WR group as CU has had in a long, long time.

And yes, I remember they don't play the games on paper...

One question about Celestine - does he return kicks? I can't really remember from when he played before. If he does, that might be a big boost to the special teams...

Last edited:

Anyone heard anything about a WR that played at Mich that quit and was thinking of coming here. I think his name is Babb???

Anyone heard anything about a WR that played at Mich that quit and was thinking of coming here. I think his name is Babb???

Here's his profile thread: http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41046

Nothing official yet. Some positive internet chatter, fwiw. One would assume that he will want to be in school for the spring semester, so we should be getting some sort of announcement (from CU or elsewhere) as soon as he enrolls.

Thank you, also hearing some interesting things concerning Brandon Smith(formerly at Mich also) sounds like he has been talking with the WR that redshirted last year at CU, also a transfer from Mich. He has a friend (Vigo) attending here that should count for something :smile: Have you heard anything about this? have a Merry Christmas Buffnik!

Thank you, also hearing some interesting things concerning Brandon Smith(formerly at Mich also) sounds like he has been talking with the WR that redshirted last year at CU, also a transfer from Mich. He has a friend (Vigo) attending here that should count for something :smile: Have you heard anything about this? have a Merry Christmas Buffnik!

Merry Christmas!

http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42926

My understanding with Brandon Smith is that we're waiting on if/when he files and gets his release paperwork from Michigan. Rich Rod made it sound like he's gone, so he probably is. He'd be a great pickup for the Buffs if the stars aligned, imo.

Kendrick Celestine earned back his scholarship.

Congrats to him and a big welcome back! :thumbsup:

North Carolina runningback Trea Jones has now been added to the list of incoming freshmen. :thumbsup:

This thread is refreshingly positive. No name-calling. No ranting. No unrelenting pessimism.

There seems to be enough talent on the roster to justify hopes of 7 or 8 wins. If the kicking game gets straightened out, this team might be pretty good. (I continue to believe that, with average special teams play, the Buffs would have won 6 games last year.)

Vigo is now a linebacker. I think this is a good move. He was buried on the depth chart at safety and he's got the frame for it. I like him better as a fast linebacker than as a slow safety.

We are a little thin in the secondary, are we not? Cannot afford injuries to the starters there.

We are a little thin in the secondary, are we not? Cannot afford injuries to the starters there.

Experience is certainly pretty thin, especially at Cornerback, after the "starters".

Vigo seemed to be a better cover-LB than anything else, so the move isn't a surprise. With the offenses we face in the Big 12, he could have a fairly big impact.

Experience is certainly pretty thin, especially at Cornerback, after the "starters".

Vigo seemed to be a better cover-LB than anything else, so the move isn't a surprise. With the offenses we face in the Big 12, he could have a fairly big impact.

I am not saying I disagree with moving Ewing, but I really do not understand why we have not been hitting CB recruiting harder. Moving Anthony Wright back to CB seems like a necessity now. I am guessing Donnie Duncan eventually flips to CB as well, but we are going to be extremely inexperienced after next season.

Unconfirmed, but from a reliable source on the Rivals message board yesterday:

Senior DT Eric Lawson will be graduating this spring and will not be back to use his final year of eligibility for the 2010 season.

I am not saying I disagree with moving Ewing, but I really do not understand why we have not been hitting CB recruiting harder. Moving Anthony Wright back to CB seems like a necessity now. I am guessing Donnie Duncan eventually flips to CB as well, but we are going to be extremely inexperienced after next season.

Yeah I was surprised to see both of them move to LB. Putting Wright back at CB is, as you say, a necessity. We have plenty of depth and talent at WR without him, so his presence at CB is much more valuable. I agree with Duncan going to CB as well. Even if Olatoye and Bell are both studs at CB we need more players there as Hicks is the only other underclassmen.

While rumored and also posted on by fans, we didn't have any news report until today by Ringo: Two Buffs Making a Move

Clark Evans to Tight End
Josh Moten to Cornerback

These are the positions they've been playing/learning during 7ons this winter and both have supposedly looked the part.

This is great news for our depth at CB. It does leave us with only 3 scholarship QBs (Hawkins, Hansen & Hirschman). However, it wouldn't surprise me if Lobato ends up on scholarship at some point. Anyway, it should make it easier to recruit a QB for the 2011 cycle (2 returning QBs... 1 a senior and 1 a RS-Freshman). Hello, Brock Berglund.

I would like to see Lobato win the backup up spot this year with Hirshman red shirting. If Cody starts I'm going down there and punch everyone in the taint.

Back