What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2011 Schedule, Roster & Coaches

8/11 updates to roster:

Justin Gorman is now practicing at QB, not WR. They really seem to like the walk on from Pennsylvania.
Cordary Clark-Allen has dropped the "Clark" from his name and is now Cordary Allen.
Paul Richardson has been added as a scholarship freshman wide receiver.

There are a number of other changes coming up regarding the walk ons that are part of the team. But I'll wait until the roster expands on the first day of class to update them.

8/11 updates to roster:

Justin Gorman is not practicing at QB, not WR. They really seem to like the walk on from Pennsylvania.
Cordary Clark-Allen has dropped the "Clark" from his name and is now Cordary Allen.
Paul Richardson has been added as a scholarship freshman wide receiver.

There are a number of other changes coming up regarding the walk ons that are part of the team. But I'll wait until the roster expands on the first day of class to update them.

Typo?

Are the keeping him at QB right now, as a scout team type guy. I remember reading in his recruitment that he wanted a shot at QB but didn't have any serious offers so was happy to come to CU with the expectation of playing a slot WR role. With Lobata leaving though, it would make sense to keep him as a #4 QB for now.

Typo?

Are the keeping him at QB right now, as a scout team type guy. I remember reading in his recruitment that he wanted a shot at QB but didn't have any serious offers so was happy to come to CU with the expectation of playing a slot WR role. With Lobata leaving though, it would make sense to keep him as a #4 QB for now.

Typo. Was supposed to read that Gorman is now practicing at QB.

I honestly think that it was just too much to have Hirschman take all the reps with the 3s and the 4s. We needed a 4th QB and Gorman stepped in. He's looked better than expected, but I'm pretty sure his future is still at WR.

Removed Clark Evans from the roster. We are now at 82 scholarships, leaving 3 openings. Be interesting to see which walk ons are granted scholarships. Pretty sure that Walters will be on scholarship this year as well as whoever wins the long snapper job.

Removed Clark Evans from the roster. We are now at 82 scholarships, leaving 3 openings. Be interesting to see which walk ons are granted scholarships. Pretty sure that Walters will be on scholarship this year as well as whoever wins the long snapper job.

unfortunately, one of our two snappers has speed and one has better accuracy. Those two critical components aren't present in one body at the moment.

I've updated the roster to remove Terdema Ussery.

That puts us at 18 open scholarships for the 2011 recruiting class, with 2 committed to 2010 grayshirts (Alex Lewis and Donnie Duncan).

Current recruiting commitments:

QB: Brock Berglund, Nick Sherry
RB: Ken Farrow
OL: Alex Kelley
LB: Brady Daigh
S: Vlad Emilien (transfer from Michigan)

Assuming no more attrition, we've got room for 10 more scholarships. Expect more. Should be a busy December and January.

I just updated based on what we have coming back for 2011 (including an assumption that Lewis and Duncan arrive in January).

This doesn't account for additional walk ons who may have been granted scholarships during the 2010 season. Reported, but no names confirmed.

It looks like we've got 15 scholarships available for the 2011 recruiting class at this time.

That number goes down to 14 if, as reported, Safety Vlad Emilien has transferred into CU from Michigan.

Further, we have 5 prospects committed at this time: QB Brock Berglund, QB Nick Sherry, RB Kenny Farrow, C Alex Kelley, LB Brady Daigh.

So as of Sunday, December 5th, we have no more than 9 scholarships to available.

In future site upgrades I wouldn't mind seeing this roster placed as a tab, you do good work Buffnik.

Looks like we really need some DT's in this years class, highest priority I can see on the roster.

Does Poole end up at DT?

In future site upgrades I wouldn't mind seeing this roster placed as a tab, you do good work Buffnik.

Looks like we really need some DT's in this years class, highest priority I can see on the roster.

Does Poole end up at DT?

Thanks, Mtn. Good idea on having a roster tab. Maybe put the coaching staff and the depth chart on there, too.

I think Poole probably moves inside. However, a lot's going to depend on what defense we are going to run. I believe that Greg Brown has been in more Tampa-2 type systems in the NFL. I expect us to go back to a 4-man DL and put penetration and speed at a premium. Our of a 34 look, Poole is actually a prototype 2-gap DE (as is Kasa). Problem is, we don't really have any 2-gap NTs on the roster who will command a double team.

I would say that cornerback is the #1 priority in this class. I think Pugh can play and I have only heard good things about Bell. But nothing improves our chances in 2011 more than bringing in a CB who can compete for a starting job as a true freshman.

Nik, I agree on bringing in more cb's to compete. I'm hoping we can find a jc who meets requirements and can qualify. This would put someone with at least some experience in the mix with Bell, Olatoya, and Pugh.

Great job as always!

That jumbo-sized class of 2011 is hurting us for this cycle, especially the plethora of linemen that are barely in the 2-deep or not at all (Behrens, Daniels, Tau, Goree, and Obi).

Did Richter and Harrington get redshirts this year?

Also, I would bet that Jaffee, and maybe Cefalo got those schollies in addition to Espinoza.

Last edited:
Great job as always!

That jumbo-sized class of 2011 is hurting us for this cycle, especially the plethora of linemen that are barely in the 2-deep or not at all (Behrens, Daniels, Tau, Goree, and Obi).

Did Richter and Harrington get redshirts this year?

Also, I would bet that Jaffee, and maybe Cefalo got those schollies in addition to Espinoza.

Richter redshirted. Harrington played on special teams.

Ford was on the Buffs expanded roster at cubuffs.com. I heard through the grapevine that he did very well on scout team.

Moten was cleared of those crap charges. I would assume that he rejoined the team.

looking at this and also at the graphical pipeline version that am just posted on rivals, it looks to me like we may be in for a bit of a long haul again after next year.

my inexpert armchair analysis is that there is a wave of major conference players about to graduate after 2011 and not as many obvious major conference players in reserve. this would be due to the fact, of course, that hawkins and company were selling potential in the early days and were able to land some guys but as the losses mounted, the number of obvious big conference guys diminished. the pipeline is, on paper, a bit thin.

embree and company need to bring in a lot of studs who can contribute early and become starters earlier than otherwise you would plan for in many cases.

this will be especially challenging, given that they are off to a late start and this class may not be the most it can be.

i am so tired of rebuilding-- i do believe these guys will maximize the potential of the team but we need more bluechips and we need them NOW.

Liver, you make a good point.

Fortunately, when we look to 2012 and 2013, where we are in good shape is on the offensive line. We're also pretty young in the front 7 of our defense. We need playmakers and more speed, though.

Since "skill position" guys don't take the years to develop that linemen do, we should be in great shape if Embree can pull in some great skill guys the next couple recruiting classes. I don't think it's such a big rebuilding job. We just have a very important recruiting year in 2011 followed by a program- making or breaking 2012 class.

i do agree that the ol pipeline appears to be a team strength. but we are especially challenged at corner and rb, among other positions. cb and rb are supposed to be positions where really talented guys can play early and do well, so we will see.

it should be interesting. we need a big recruiting class in 11, for sure. hopefully, these guys will find a way to a bowl next season--- that would help the cause and show some signs of life.

we need a big recruiting class in 11, for sure. hopefully, these guys will find a way to a bowl next season--- that would help the cause and show some signs of life.

We could also use the extra 3-4 weeks of practice to develop some of the younger players for the following year. Almost like getting two spring practices.

2011 Senior WR Kendrick Celestine has been removed from the roster amidst reports (1st broken by Adam on Rivals) that Embree decided not to renew his scholarship which was awarded at the end of December, 2009.

The Buffs now have 16 scholarships available with 4 committed to recruits.

So, players are required to adhere to their commitment, but schools can rescind them at will?

Here's an oddity: Our new strength and conditioning coach appears on the CU 2010 roster.

Any news on Simmons, is he now eligible to come back for the 2011 season. And is it true that after signing Harrington, we are now down to 8 Scholarships left to fill.

I'm expecting some more attrition soon. Embree made a comment about signing as many as 17 guys this past week.

Any news on Simmons, is he now eligible to come back for the 2011 season. And is it true that after signing Harrington, we are now down to 8 Scholarships left to fill.

That's a great question. I think he has one more year of eligibility since he "redshirted" his senior year -- but I don't know what the Buffs plan for him, or if he's academically eligible. (not saying he is or isn't, but there was some talk of this being a problem a year ago...)

Latest on CUbuffs.com bio doesn't say anything new.

I would really like to see him succeed.

I'm expecting some more attrition soon. Embree made a comment about signing as many as 17 guys this past week.

Any word if a PK/Punter will be signed this cycle?

The kicking game killed us last year. I put most of the blame on the Riddler, however I'm not all that comfortable with Zach as our only punter.

Back