What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2011 Schedule, Roster & Coaches

Any word if a PK/Punter will be signed this cycle?

The kicking game killed us last year. I put most of the blame on the Riddler, however I'm not all that comfortable with Zach as our only punter.

Embree said first he might look at one, then said he might not. The new ST coach said if the "right guy" is available, they might take a P/K but nothing definite. We don't have many schollies this cycle, so it would have to be someone terrific, and the top 20 kickers/punters are mostly firmly committed already. There are a couple out there holding multiple offers.

CU may be hoping for a couple walk-ons. The All Colorado and All-State PKs from Colorado aren't committed at this point (last time I checked) ... so they could go PWO.

Not sure if our (CU's) walk-ons from last year will be back.

Andree Simmons has been removed from the 2011 roster. Multiple sources now reporting that the senior wide receiver is no longer a member of the team.

Shouldn't we have about 19 scholarships available in 2011. Rumours flying around that Andre Simmons, Usery no longer with the team. We also lost Justin Toress, Simas, and Celestine.

Shouldn't we have about 19 scholarships available in 2011. Rumours flying around that Andre Simmons, Usery no longer with the team. We also lost Justin Toress, Simas, and Celestine.

If you look at the player list in the opening post, none of the guys you mentioned are listed on the roster. Math comes out to 17.

I'm usually pretty good about keeping this updated.

No idea on walk ons now, though. Word is that Embree told a number of walk ons that they aren't invited back. It will be very interesting when the official spring roster comes out at cubuffs.com.

If you look at the player list in the opening post, none of the guys you mentioned are listed on the roster. Math comes out to 17.

I'm usually pretty good about keeping this updated.

No idea on walk ons now, though. Word is that Embree told a number of walk ons that they aren't invited back. It will be very interesting when the official spring roster comes out at cubuffs.com.

How many Scholarship players can we have on the roster.

Ok I get it now , 16 seniors , plus 3 who left, and then you have Makiri Pugh and Alex Lewis joining, that makes it 17 scholarships available.

In your list of TEs, you show 6 names and a count of 5. I didn't add up the class count, so your totals are probably right (except missing the last couple of verbals).

In your list of TEs, you show 6 names and a count of 5. I didn't add up the class count, so your totals are probably right (except missing the last couple of verbals).

Thanks. I also forgot to subtract one from the OLs when I moved Matt Bahr over to TE.

Good catch.

Thanks for keeping tabs on the roster and updating consistently, I really try to keep up with this...maybe you'll know the status of a few players I was wondering about that I don't see listed here on the roster. Any word on the following?

Sean Gomerdinger
Guido Murnig
Michael O'Connor
Guy Sergent
Geoff Sissom
Matt Meyer
Zackary Farley
Greyson Gurnee
Devon Martin
Gabe Romano
Sean Minnett
Jordan Marquez
Cody McAninch
Joe Silipo
Brandon Gouin

I'm pretty sure most if not all these guys were walk-ons within the last year or so, but like I said they aren't listed...but a few of them are listed on the cubuffs site...any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for keeping tabs on the roster and updating consistently, I really try to keep up with this...maybe you'll know the status of a few players I was wondering about that I don't see listed here on the roster. Any word on the following?

Sean Gomerdinger
Guido Murnig
Michael O'Connor
Guy Sergent
Geoff Sissom
Matt Meyer
Zackary Farley
Greyson Gurnee
Devon Martin
Gabe Romano
Sean Minnett
Jordan Marquez
Cody McAninch
Joe Silipo
Brandon Gouin

I'm pretty sure most if not all these guys were walk-ons within the last year or so, but like I said they aren't listed...but a few of them are listed on the cubuffs site...any info would be greatly appreciated!

Silipo graduated.

buffsince97,

Remind me to do some digging after the Signing Day stuff settles down. I don't have all those written down, but there have been treads about most of those guys and why they left or were dismissed. With walk ons, a lot of times they choose not to remain with the team from one semester to another or are not invited back with no reason given publicly.

I have updated based on the work Adam did on Rivals on his eligibility chart: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=894&CID=618951

No real major changes from what we had. Max Tuioti-Mariner was moved to the sophomore class, which includes an assumption that he gets a 6th year medical waiver.

With the walk ons, WR Parker Robbins (Battle Mountain H.S. - Edwards, CO) has been added. Heath Davis (WR), Gabriel Castillo (WR), Michael O’Connor (OLB), and Dillan Freiberg (K) are no longer on the team.

So our 2009 WR recruting class of Darden, Simmons, and Ussery have a combined two catches and two of those guys are no longer on the team. Meanwhile Emory Blake is a star for national champion Auburn. Thanks Jeff Grimes.

I have updated based on the work Adam did on Rivals on his eligibility chart: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=894&CID=618951

No real major changes from what we had. Max Tuioti-Mariner was moved to the sophomore class, which includes an assumption that he gets a 6th year medical waiver.

With the walk ons, WR Parker Robbins (Battle Mountain H.S. - Edwards, CO) has been added. Heath Davis (WR), Gabriel Castillo (WR), Michael O’Connor (OLB), and Dillan Freiberg (K) are no longer on the team.

You hear any new info on MTM and his health? Man, it would be nice to see him on the field again.

You hear any new info on MTM and his health? Man, it would be nice to see him on the field again.

I have heard that it's no longer a health issue. That was before Blacken was working with him on S&T, so I'm curious to get that opinion into the mix and also see a greater focus on flexibility and core strength with Max. I think that will help immensely with him getting over the mental hurdle of trusting his knees (his base) and playing aggressive & fearless again.

wow. How unimpressive was freiburg to not come back?

I don't think he had enough leg for this level.

Word was he DID have a strong leg, and simply wasn't looked at seriously because of his size. (He was not a "drop in and say howdy" type walk-on - he was recruited by Riddle who visited him in CA.) His first love is baseball and he talked of leaving CU to find somewhere to play again. It was his choice to leave.

Of the seniors on the roster, how many are in a position like Sumler, where they have eligibility left but will graduate in the spring? Could this factor in to the number of scholarships the staff is planning on having available?

Of the seniors on the roster, how many are in a position like Sumler, where they have eligibility left but will graduate in the spring? Could this factor in to the number of scholarships the staff is planning on having available?

Of the 23 scholarship seniors, the following 16 guys will be 5th year seniors, so they could potentially graduate in the spring or over the summer and move on. Obviously, some are much more likely than others.

Brian Lockridge
Toney Clemons
Jason Espinoza
Matt Bahr
Ethan Adkins
Blake Behrens
Shawn Daniels
Mike Iltis
Sione Tau
Eugene Goree
Conrad Obi
Josh Hartigan
Tyler Ahles
Jonathan Hawkins
Anthony Perkins
Travis Sandersfeld

Of the 23 scholarship seniors, the following 16 guys will be 5th year seniors, so they could potentially graduate in the spring or over the summer and move on. Obviously, some are much more likely than others.

Brian Lockridge
Toney Clemons
Jason Espinoza
Matt Bahr
Ethan Adkins
Blake Behrens
Shawn Daniels
Mike Iltis
Sione Tau
Eugene Goree
Conrad Obi
Josh Hartigan
Tyler Ahles
Jonathan Hawkins
Anthony Perkins
Travis Sandersfeld

I know it's off topic (and let's face it, that's what I do) I look at these fifth year seniors and I see a lot of experience, and some talent I can get excited about. A lot of experience.

BTW, what's the word on Sandersfeld's health. I love that kid.

I know it's off topic (and let's face it, that's what I do) I look at these fifth year seniors and I see a lot of experience, and some talent I can get excited about. A lot of experience.

BTW, what's the word on Sandersfeld's health. I love that kid.

We're definitely a veteran team in 2011. 9 returning starters on offense & 7 on defense plus all those seniors. Hopefully it translates into a solid year for us and a bowl trip.

Sandersfeld should be 100%. He made it back last season and played pretty well at the nickel spot at the end of the season. Had a pick and averaged about 9 tackles a game over the last 4.

We're definitely a veteran team in 2011. 9 returning starters on offense & 7 on defense plus all those seniors. Hopefully it translates into a solid year for us and a bowl trip.

Sandersfeld should be 100%. He made it back last season and played pretty well at the nickel spot at the end of the season. Had a pick and averaged about 9 tackles a game over the last 4.

That's right...I forgot he returned. I still remember him for that monster special teams hit two seasons ago.

Brian Lockridge
Toney Clemons
Jason Espinoza
Matt Bahr
Ethan Adkins
Blake Behrens
Shawn Daniels
Mike Iltis
Sione Tau
Eugene Goree
Conrad Obi
Josh Hartigan
Tyler Ahles
Jonathan Hawkins
Anthony Perkins
Travis Sandersfeld

Would love to see these two senior O-linemen and two senior D-linemen really step up and show that they can play the game at a high level. We had hopes for all of these guys and they have held scholarships with limited impact on the game for years. I know injuries have factored in for some of them and I hate to be too critical, but they have been a big disappointment so far and I would love to see them turn it around. The next best scenario would be for them to graduate and free up a schollie that we could use for this recruiting class.

Back