What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2011 skeds

I remember when the Big 12 was formed CU fans thought we'd clean up, inmprove the basketball program etc. etc. I see the same old **** with this move to the Pac-10. Meanwhile we have a brain-dead football coach that we can't seem to shake no basketball program to speak of and ZERO baseball. How will the Pac-10 improve this? Will more money translate into more wins? We made more dough in the Big 12 and went backward.

Not all CU fans are completely happy with this deal. Some of you would prefer to kiss California ass than Texas ass. I'd rather not kiss either.

As they say, "Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes." CU is not a lead dog right now and wouldn't be even if we moved to the MWC or the WAC. I'm sure there are fans who aren't happy about this and pretending there was a direction for CU to move which would make everyone happy is naive.

So, positives about the move to the Pac 10... Don't have to deal with Texas. Move to a league which does more equitable revenue sharing. Better ties to historic recruiting base. Better ties to a region of the country with a strong alumni base. Better road trips for games. Finally, more games near me.

Edit - BTW - I completely agree that moving conferences doesn't change the fact that our football team is in need of some fixing. I haven't seen anyone here say that this suddenly makes Hawkins future any brighter.

Back