What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2011 Spring Game to be a NIGHT game on April 9th

I can tell you what my dad did when I was five years old and attended a night event at Folsom. He gave me a book of matches to play with. Endless entertainment and educational too. Very educational.

So that's why you don't have eyebrows. I always figured it was a Ziggy Stardust homage, but I didn't want to pry. :wink2:

Got to remember that this has turned into our only Junior Day for recruiting. Embree is trying to make it as much of an event as possible. The atmosphere of seeing Folsom at dusk-to-sunset-to-night under the lights is hard to beat. Plus, this gives them all day to tour campus, sit through meetings and get as much of an official visit feel as possible. It also makes it easier for people a bit farther away (Springs, Western Slope, etc.) to drive in for the game.

I like this a lot.

this

Like the idea - and if its a little cold that will be one more thing to toughen our guys up and we need as much of that as we can get. Nik brought up some good points about making it an all day event and the later time gives more people an opportunity to get to Boulder.

Will there be other activities through out the day. A full day of football sounds good to me.

Will there be other activities through out the day. A full day of football sounds good to me.

They do a Healthy Kids Day, a 5K Forever Buff race and other stuff along the lines of an open house as a lot of next years' freshmen will be there for an orientation.

I'm hoping they add a Pearl Street Stampede and do some stuff that starts to make this into an annual CU Fair type of thing that culminates with the Spring Game.

I will be there with my kids. Having it at night will make it easier as my oldest plays baseball. The night time kickoff will allow us to get there after he is done! Love the idea.

Ugh. Love the idea, but hate the weekend. Will be in Vegas for a conference.

I actually don't like this. nothing better than a nice spring day with the sun on your face watching football. Now I gotta bundle up and hope it isn't too cold in early April.

Gotta agree. May be in the minority here, but spending a cold spring night watching a meaningless scrimmage is not that appealing. Especially when this is the time of the year when a sunny day can really hit the spot. I'll stand loud and proud in -20 degrees for an actual CU game, but this just isn't very appealing. If it helps recruiting, etc. then great, but just not my cup of tea.

Back