What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Basketball Game thread: Cal @ Colorado

I didn't say that I didn't want Scott shooting. Just not the 18 footers early in the clock.

Nice try making an "argument," but there is a big difference between a five foot hook in the flow of the offense, and an 18 foot jumper early in the clock.

Just give it up for once.

I'm not saying I want him taking 18 footers much, but he had a damn good luck and was wide open. If he occasionally pops that, fine. He's shown he can make it.

We really were sloppy at times yet had a pretty comfortable win. We can play much better.

Very workmanlike effort today. Nothing all that dramatic or exciting. Just a comfortable double-digit lead from pretty much start to finish. Sign of a team that's coming together and will take care of business against teams it's better than.

Biggest notables, imho, are that XJ is taking his game up a notch and that Ski's slump seems to be over.

Very workmanlike effort today. Nothing all that dramatic or exciting. Just a comfortable double-digit lead from pretty much start to finish. Sign of a team that's coming together and will take care of business against teams it's better than.

Biggest notables, imho, are that XJ is taking his game up a notch and that Ski's slump seems to be over.
I think this played a role into the crowd not getting into it as much as we have in the past. I think Thursday night games for students are awesome.

Another solid win at home. Was suprised to see us give up so many points in second half but game was in cu's control throughout.

Another solid win at home. Was suprised to see us give up so many points in second half but game was in cu's control throughout.
They were making a ton of threes at the end but the defense was not as suburb as the first half by any means. Great win. I cannot wait for that game against Arizona.

59.6% from the field today (28/47), including 46.7% (7/15) from 3. Not going to lose when you shoot 60% from the field.

81.8% from the charity stripe (18/22). Great to see us improving there. XJ in particular has gone from bad to solid in recent games from the line.

Won the rebounding battle 34-25. Excellent considering the foul trouble of Dre and Jelly. XJ picked up the slack in a BIG way

20 turnovers. Way too many. That has to improve. Cal had 16 steals today (they also had 16 at Utah).

Booker with 20 points, all from the field. 4 rebounds, 3 assists

XJ with 18 points, 12 rebounds. Thank god he has come on strong. Shudder to think where we'd be without his recent performances.

Dinwiddie with 16 points 4 assists. Not his best game, but persevered and iced it in the end.

Andre with 15 points 5 rebounds. Solid second half from Dre, great for him to recover after the stupid early fouls. He's got to play smarter and avoid putting himself in those situations though

Scott had 5 points 3 rebounds 2 assists. Fairly quiet day for Jelly

Chen gave us a clutch 3

Stalzer had 2 off a beautiful move

SHT had 2. He played like **** to start, but he did recover and had some nice passes. He definitely knows the offense, dude just has to keep his head in the game, focus, and stop the bonehead plays.

Overall a workmanlike win. This team is definitely stressful, as no lead is safe. Basically every single one of us chatting on here during halftime knew that this team would come out early in the second half sleepwalking and lazy. Alas, what happens? They come out and let Cal cut our lead from 16 to 9 in a little over a minute. They've got to focus and bring it for 40 minutes. Still, this was a potential trap game, and they did what they needed to do. We've clawed our way back to 6th in the Pac. Needless to say, we HAVE to win at Utah next week if we want to challenge for 4th and a first round bye. We're in the thick of it now, we have to take care of business on the road against the cellar dwellers and get ourselves above .500

It appears Cal has some infighting issues. Players screaming in Monty's face at times, etc. They have Oregon State next at home, but then hit a rough stretch of Oregon, @ ASU, @ Arizona, UCLA.

Any chance Cobbs and Crabbe both leave for the NBA?

I think Crabbe is gone. I'd expect Cobbs to be back.

Our roadie at Utah is shaping up as a huge game for us this week. We need to be 15-6 (5-6) heading to Oregon. Our slim hopes to win the conference hinge on sweeping the Ducks while not giving any other games away.

In the KOA post game interview Ski said he's been putting in extra time on his shot lately. Certainly looks like he's grown up some the past few games.

Next Sat @Utah looms large now. Gotta win that. Looking at the PAC 12 standings that loss @ASU doesn't look so bad.

I think Crabbe is gone. I'd expect Cobbs to be back.

Crabbe is gone for sure. He had the worst body language for somebody who was lighting it up in the second half. He couldn't wait for the game to be over. At the under 8 timeout, all the Cal players were in their chairs while Crabbe was still lollygagging at halfcourt. Montgomery is hanging on to this team by his fingernails.

Tough enough to get a full student section on a warm, sunny, Saturday afternoon in winter. Add in the X-Games in Aspen and you get 2/3's full. The rest of the place was packed.

XJ is emerging as a star, as predicted. Stalzer had a good game running the offense by himself for long stretches. Adams ate 12 minutes, doing nothing either good nor bad. A good team needs a player like that. Love Chen's energy coming off the bench. Tad managed the Chen/XJ situation like a craftsman. He waited until XJ was completely ready, and it is paying off for both players (Chen and XJ.)

It is too much to ask, but a three game road sweep would put this team back in the top 25 and around a five seed.

Just got back from the game. It was good to see us hit our FT's down the stretch to hold on despite the fact Cal couldn't miss late. It was also the first time I'd walked through the practice facility. Very nice! A few thoughts:

- Scott struggled with Thurman's bulk today. He needs to use his athleticism in those situations, but instead got pushed around the post and it made for some really tough entry passes.

-XJ has arrived. He was decisive, explosive, aggressive on the glass, used both hands, finished strong and even hit his FT's. There have to be more than a few staffs wondering why they backed off that kind of talent.

- We still do an awful job of recognizing situations and taking advantage of them. There were two examples that stood out to me:
1. Kravish gets two fouls early and Monty takes his time subbing, meaning Kravish has to play a few minutes with two. scott should've gone straight to the block and either tried to get #3 or he would've been given an easy look. Instead, he gets the ball 20feet from the hoop, promptly makes an ill-advised pass that gets intercepted and doesn't touch the ball again.

2. When Crabbe got frustrated in the second half and took a run at The Mayor (which I think was a flagrant), it was easy to see the kid was on tilt and ready to do something stupid. Instead of going right back at him, we seemed to intentionally shy away and he instead channeled that anger into energy on the offensive end and got hot.

Those were two missed opportunities, and are the kind of situations where we need to show the killer instinct and take advantage.

Very quickly not sure if it was said in the thread... but we had the ****ing zona crew and hats off to the students for giving mccall ****... that You Suck Randy chant was awesome

mattrob - Great points on situational basketball. And it's pretty much the difference between playing freshmen and sophomores instead of juniors and seniors.

Back