What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Basketball Game thread: Colorado @ Cal The Patchuoli Fight

It tires us out and offers nothing positive. Padding the record might look nice, but the Committee isn't going to go "oh, they won a game in Vegas against Wazzu, let's bump them up a seed"
Right, all Im saying is the five seed isn't the end of the world although the four seed would obviously be much better.

I'm going to watch the Centaurus girls play. At least I know I'll see some good fundamental basketball today.

Cal just wanted it more then we did. They outworked and outhustled us big time. Were able to get it inside, while we took jumpers much of the day. Only positive is that it should be easy for the team to get over this loss, and get ready for Oregon in 5 days. Guess our defense was good until the last 5 or so minutes

Another air ball by Ski. I don't want to hear how he's so much of a better player than Chen or almost anyone else. He certainly hasn't shown it over the last 5-6 weeks.

Agree and I am not sure why Ski isn't coming off the bench right now, Boyle needs to open his eyes on this one.

Agree and I am not sure why Ski isn't coming off the bench right now, Boyle needs to open his eyes on this one.

This isn't a hard concept. We do not have the depth for ski to be a role player. Tad is well aware of what the ideal is, we simply do not have the personnel.

Even being stone cold from outside we missed way too many near the bucket, couldn't finish in traffic, CAL had a bunch of snuffs. Time to finish strong and beat both Oregon schools.

This isn't a hard concept. We do not have the depth for ski to be a role player. Tad is well aware of what the ideal is, we simply do not have the personnel.
Those who don't like Ski seem to think he needs to learn some sort of lesson and feel that keeping him off the floor will accomplish this. Why they think further destroying his confidence will do this, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what giving even more minutes to Chen, who's already being overplayed at least as much as Ski, does to help our offense.

Those who don't like Ski seem to think he needs to learn some sort of lesson and feel that keeping him off the floor will accomplish this. Why they think further destroying his confidence will do this, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what giving even more minutes to Chen, who's already being overplayed at least as much as Ski, does to help our offense.

And clearly when we score 46 points, taking off one of our few threats for offense (however inconsistent it may be) is not the answer.

The whole team looked tired. This just wasn't their day. I think CU has the better team, but it wasn't meant to be today. That happens sometimes.

Just got back, will post a recap tomorrow or Monday. This was a game where we didn't hit a meaningful, momentum changing shot all game.

The whole team looked tired. This just wasn't their day. I think CU has the better team, but it wasn't meant to be today. That happens sometimes.
Yeah, it definitely wasn't our day, but what makes it so frustrating is that we're so determined to make things hard on ourselves on offense. Today was the perfect example of a game where we could have benefited from creating a few easy looks through motion, pushing the tempo, and ball movement.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't our day, but what makes it so frustrating is that we're so determined to make things hard on ourselves on offense. Today was the perfect example of a game where we could have benefited from creating a few easy looks through motion, pushing the tempo, and ball movement.

Offense was horrendous today. 2nd lowest point per possessions this season (.81 PPP). Only the KU game was worse (.75 PPP). For a team that we still hear wants to push the pace this was also their second lowest game in terms of possessions, 57 possessions today. Only in the Oregon game did CU have a lower number of possessions (54).

Seemed like we got our hands on every rebound only to lose them. Frustrating. As much as I thought we struggled without Josh, I think he hurt us today. I'm sure he was rusty and what are you gunna do? We need him.

I am as much aware of Ski's deficiencies as anyone but you bring up a good point to consider in addition to some other things. First off it wasn't like Tad had a bunch of other options to go to. Chen has his role but as you point out he isn't going to add much in extra minutes, he's playing to his full role. We also aren't keeping anyone else on the bench who is going to add something Ski doesn't. Who else is going to get his minutes and add more? Adams? Talton? Eli?

We also have to keep in mind that as much as we want to win now Tad is building a program. Ski may never get it and if he doesn't somebody else will eventually take his minutes but he has the talent that if he does get it he could be a huge difference maker, a guy who can change games at the highest level. Tad isn't going to throw that away.

Also in this game it is easy to pick on Ski but I didn't see anyone tearing it up out there either. If you want to bench Ski for missing shots and not playing solid basketball we might as well forfeit the game because nobody else looked hignly impressive either today

Last edited:
How many fast break points did we have? Seemed like we were playing in quick sand.

Back