What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes @ Stanford Basketball game thread

SKI, I WILL RIDE FOR YOU DAWG!

Had to say it. Frustrating most of the night, but dude hit clutch buckets at the end.

u8yty8an.jpg

Would you replace him with Chen and his 1/7 tonight? Chen did give us 6 boards to Ski's 5, so he has that going for him.

Adams? His health wouldn't allow it.

Talton? Not close to being ready for big minutes. His ball handling is still suspect.

Who do you want to play instead of Ski?

And let's face it, he was 2/9 and not 2/17.

Thank you!

For some crazy reason, Stanford seems to have our number in just about every sport. It's great to finally break through that wall.

Would you replace him with Chen and his 1/7 tonight? Chen did give us 6 boards to Ski's 5, so he has that going for him.

Adams? His health wouldn't allow it.

Talton? Not close to being ready for big minutes. His ball handling is still suspect.

Who do you want to play instead of Ski?

I posted on the other thread that at this moment I think Chen is better than Ski. That said Ski has a huge upside and I will trust Tad to develop it. As much as we would like to think otherwise this is still a program that is in building mode. Tad does want to win right now but his target is not a "pretty good" team, it is a championship team. If we are going to play at that level we need guys with Ski talent playing to the level he can play. He isn't there yet but I will trust Tad in working to get him there.

Thank you!

For some crazy reason, Stanford seems to have our number in just about every sport. It's great to finally break through that wall.

I don't think that it's crazy that they have our number in football, but otherwise, yeah...

I would like to officially apologize for being a downer and saying "back on the bubble" early in the second half. Won't happen again.

I would like to officially apologize for being a downer and saying "back on the bubble" early in the second half. Won't happen again.

Shut your whore mouth! Don't you dare stop posting a reverse jinx when we're struggling. Wtf are you thinking?

:smile2:

You gotta learn to trust your gut. Even down 10, sometimes it's just clear that we're the better team and will win. :nod:

You gotta learn to trust your gut. Even down 10, sometimes it's just clear that we're the better team and will win. :nod:

Ya, we just didn't look like we had it in us last night when I made the comment. And I was frustrated. Heck of a finish. I hope Scott is back Saturday

There was a brief lag between the clock starting and when Powell caught the ball. If he had got the shot off in time it would have been interesting and controversial to see how and if the refs would have handled that. They can legally look at a replay and deduct time but tenths of seconds can be difficult to determine exactly.

There was a brief lag between the clock starting and when Powell caught the ball. If he had got the shot off in time it would have been interesting and controversial to see how and if the refs would have handled that. They can legally look at a replay and deduct time but tenths of seconds can be difficult to determine exactly.

I thought it seemed like a long 2.4 seconds. I figured it was because of the Scotch, holding my breath, my heart being in my throat and my balls getting sucked up into my gut. Turns out the ****ing timekeeper was to blame.

The Buffs can't be totally happy with how they played. They can be much better. We still have too many spurts of sloppy play and decision making. Frustrating to watch. I will say that not having Josh really hurt us.

We're Going DANCING!!!!!

You seem to enjoy regularly posting various forms of this statement insinuating that a spot in the tournament is a forgone conclusion. If we lose the four games we have remaining I guarantee you we're not getting in, so how exactly are we a lock? As of now things are looking good and were in but there is still work left to be done. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

You seem to enjoy regularly posting various forms of this statement insinuating that a spot in the tournament is a forgone conclusion. If we lose the four games we have remaining I guarantee you we're not getting in, so how exactly are we a lock? As of now things are looking good and were in but there is still work left to be done. Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

Whamp whamp whaaaaa.

No **** captain obvious. We know they don't select the teams tomorrow but we are assuming the buffs will beat the teams they are supposed to beat.

First of all, neg rep for being a douche.

Second of all, **** you.

Third, we're going dancing. If you want to wager, you know how to contact me. Would love to drain your wallet. Bitch. We're 1 win away from lock status, I'll take your ass to the cleaners.

Second of all, **** you.

Third, we're going dancing. If you want to wager, you know how to contact me. Would love to drain your wallet. Bitch. We're 1 win away from lock status, I'll take your ass to the cleaners.

I endorse this post

Anybody think we got a little bit of a karma payback by Andre's shot clock buzzer beater counting? No way he got it off and we only won by 2. Obviously doesn't make up for the tragedy in Tucson but its a start.

that tech on dinwiddie in my opinion was bush. at the point in the game give a delay of game warning. If that hadn't been called we win the game without that three being called. just my two cents.

that tech on dinwiddie in my opinion was bush. at the point in the game give a delay of game warning. If that hadn't been called we win the game without that three being called. just my two cents.

Yeah but there's no arguing that it was a really dumb thing to do by Spencer, can put the ref in a position to make that call. I'm only okay with the play because we won and because it plays into this new swagger that Spence is playing with. He might actually be starting to believe that he is Kobe.

Second of all, **** you.

Quoted for swagger.

Second of all, **** you.

Neg rep...oh no!

Foul language (in the form of little stars) directed at me...oh no!

And your third sentence is just unnecessary considering that you're trying to argue something that I agree with you about.

Neg rep...oh no!

Foul language (in the form of little stars) directed at me...oh no!

And your third sentence is just unnecessary considering that you're trying to argue something that I agree with you about.

Love your use of exclamation points, seeing as it was you who said people who used them were "gay" in the pet peeve thread.

And if you agree, then don't imply I've gone around consistently saying we're a "lock" and can just slack off and toss our final games. I've been quite clear in laying out what needs to be done, and urging the team to keep winning to leave no doubt and hopefully improve seeding in the process. The comment last night "We're Going Dancing" was based off of a quality road win that has put us on the brink (another thing I made clear). Yes, our team could drink a potion and suddenly become 9inch tall dwarves and we'll lose all our games by 80 and not Dance. However, the odds are clearly on our side as our computer numbers are in very, very solid territory. I don't take Lunardi as pure gospel, but pre-Stanford win, he had CU's chances at 80%.

Back