What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes vs Oregon Basketball game thread

Oh I loved it but not a lot of big plays and holding the ball for the last 8 minutes was pretty boring

Yeah, we should have turned the ball over 15 times in the final 8 minutes and had Tunks launch some NBA 3's with 32 seconds left on the shot clock to make it more 'exciting' at the end. Seriously tini? This is the win of the season given the circumstances and what was on the line. Nothing about it was "boring".

Yeah, we should have turned the ball over 15 times and had Tunks launch some NBA 3's with 32 seconds left on the shot clock to make it more 'exciting' at the end. Seriously tini? This is the win of the season given the circumstances and what was on the line. Nothing about it was "boring".
No I just wanted to see a big dunk or something to cap it, something to really get the crowd going. I absolutely loved the outcome, but it was a sluggish game.

Are the "classless" references solely based on the crotch punch? I actually thought that was relatively tame, especially when compared with Bitchinsky's move against Scott a couple weeks ago.

I think it's also based on Oregon being a slimy athletics program in general. Altman rubs a lot of people the wrong way. And it's a team filled with mercenaries. That's where a lot of the anger comes from. CU now 4-1 against Oregon in the Pac :nod:

No I just wanted to see a big dunk or something to cap it, something to really get the crowd going. I absolutely loved the outcome, but it was a sluggish game.

I completely disagree. Nothing about 76 points with arguably our best player out was "sluggish". Sluggish was our previous game at Cal.

That game was a thing of beauty. First thought: MAJOR props to the bench. They were outstanding. We had that crazy lineup out there for the entire end of the first half, I was worried. They actually extended the lead. The best all around game from the bench all year, not even close.

XJ was special tonight. 22 in 22 minutes. Could've and should've been more, that charge early in the 2nd was bull****.

3rd, Ski made it happen tonight. He was still struggling offensively in the first half (and still can't hit a jumper), but he was excellent on defense and picking up a large chunk of Dre's rebounding slack. You don't expect that from your small guard. I preach it all the time when coaching, you have to finish possessions defensively, and you could tell he wasn't going to let Oregon get 2nd chances in the first half. He was a ball hawk.

Lastly, my dad ran into Altman at Nordstrom Rack today. Talked with him for a few minutes. Said he was very friendly, just thought I'd throw that in there with a little Altman hate going on in the thread.

That game was a thing of beauty. First thought: MAJOR props to the bench. They were outstanding. We had that crazy lineup out there for the entire end of the first half, I was worried. They actually extended the lead. The best all around game from the bench all year, not even close.

XJ was special tonight. 22 in 22 minutes. Could've and should've been more, that charge early in the 2nd was bull****.

3rd, Ski made it happen tonight. He was still struggling offensively in the first half (and still can't hit a jumper), but he was excellent on defense and picking up a large chunk of Dre's rebounding slack. You don't expect that from your small guard. I preach it all the time when coaching, you have to finish possessions defensively, and you could tell he wasn't going to let Oregon get 2nd chances in the first half. He was a ball hawk.

Lastly, my dad ran into Altman at Nordstrom Rack today. Talked with him for a few minutes. Said he was very friendly, just thought I'd throw that in there with a little Altman hate going on in the thread.

What's your dad doing at Nordstrom Rack?

Too bad he didn't run into him in the parking lot! Altman looked lost tonight anyway, but a few bruises from dad's bumper would have added a nice storyline..... Ran over at the Rack ,then steamrolled at the Keg!

Too bad he didn't run into him in the parking lot! Altman looked lost tonight anyway, but a few bruises from dad's bumper would have added a nice storyline..... Ran over at the Rack ,then steamrolled at the Keg!

I remember thinking at some point, 'No way we could have done this early in the season when our bench was our biggest liability. And now look, we've progressed so far that some guy I've never heard of is passing the ball behind his back straight out of bounds!'

Though seriously, I was blown away that our bench was pressing the Ducks and building our lead! We can look at a variety of wins, but I'd argue that Tad's greatest accomplishment this season can be found in the progress of our bench.

Just when I think that you are beginning to get a little mature, you go and make posts like this and totally redeem yourself!

I think it's also based on Oregon being a slimy athletics program in general. Altman rubs a lot of people the wrong way. And it's a team filled with mercenaries. That's where a lot of the anger comes from. CU now 4-1 against Oregon in the Pac :nod:
20130221_ajw_aa8_398.0_standard_500.0.jpg

Back