What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes vs Utah Basketball game thread

Washburn actually did most of his damage last night in SHT's 5 minutes. He was just way too quick for Shane.

Shane was plenty effective against Zeus in the Arizona game, he just cant handle more athletic bigs like washburn. As JG pointed out he should be part of a BWS vs BWS defensive substitution.

Washburn actually did most of his damage last night in SHT's 5 minutes. He was just way too quick for Shane.

That's something that's driving me crazy this morning. People on other boards are talking about how Shane did such a great job on Washburn last night. He hardly guarded him. This should be all about Dre today. As Tad was saying, Dre may be the best defensive player in the nation. How many guys are there who you see getting steals when covering a point guard who are also able to shut down Washburn or hold a 7 footer like Bucchinsky (sp?) in check? The answer is probable "1 guy - Andre Roberson".

Last night Mile High Sports reported that there was a bit of extracurricular activity during the halftime break between the two teams. Anybody care to extrapolate on this, of course he TV mentioned nothing of it.

I missed the first 45 seconds of the second half. The person in the seat next to me said that I missed a near-fight between the teams.

That's something that's driving me crazy this morning. People on other boards are talking about how Shane did such a great job on Washburn last night. He hardly guarded him. This should be all about Dre today. As Tad was saying, Dre may be the best defensive player in the nation. How many guys are there who you see getting steals when covering a point guard who are also able to shut down Washburn or hold a 7 footer like Bucchinsky (sp?) in check? The answer is probable "1 guy - Andre Roberson".

Dre does such a good job of using his athleticism and fronting opposing big men. With college guards struggling to make the pass over the top, he's more effective than the majority of bigger defenders.

Dre does such a good job of using his athleticism and fronting opposing big men. With college guards struggling to make the pass over the top, he's more effective than the majority of bigger defenders.

He's such a quick jumper with great timing that he's very hard to lob over. He's gotten a bunch of steals (or tips leading to steals) when teams have tried.

Frankly, if Scott's not on the court we're just fine from an interior defense and rebounding standpoint if we've got Dre, XJ and either Chen or Adams on the court. Helps when you've got a 6'6" point guard, too.

Dre was a beast as always last night. But have to give it up for Jeremy Adams. He stepped it up huge last night. His best game as a Buff.

I wanted to stab SHT last night. Hands of stone and feet set in concrete. The guys in my section kept yelling every time they'd pass the ball in to him. He was awful on offense, and inept on defense. I can't imagine how bad Mills must be to ride the bench behind this guy.

We're getting very close to the "player bashing" line with Shane... and I'm not so sure that some of the posts haven't crossed that line.

Please pull it back, folks.

I missed the first 45 seconds of the second half. The person in the seat next to me said that I missed a near-fight between the teams.

Ya I could see it in the tunnel from the student section. I thought there was some shoving

A punch was thrown but it didn't appear to land and I couldn't tell which side it came from.

from what I've heard is that utah was banging on the doors of our locker room during halftime so when we came out in the tunnel there was some shoving i think big x and ski were a part of it. i like the toughness of our team the past two games.

After reflecting on this game, I am still not feeling any rivalry with Utah.

Zona and Cal are thus far my favorite two conference partners. Both of those fan bases are fun to jab and exchange banter in both BB and FB.

I'm a looooong way away from moving out of pity into hate for Utah. I just can't get fired up about playing those guys, similar to Wazzou or OSBeaver.

I don't hate any school yet, but have a healthy lack of respect for ASU, USC, Washingon and Oregon. And I savor beating Stanford purely out of envy.

Chen had a better game tonight but overall Chen is not better than Ski

Ski is a much better athlete, more gifted, no question.

Chen is a better basketball player. Chen plays much better defense and he does it all the time. Ski can make spectacular plays on D, he also gets abused when he has his frequent lapses on defense. Ski can be explosive on offense but he is ridiculously inconsistent taking ill-advised shots and being a ball stopper. Chen works well within the offense contributing without taking away from our key scorers like the Mayor.

Don't take this as not liking Ski, he adds a lot to the team but for this team Chen is a better overall player right now because of his head.

Ski is a much better athlete, more gifted, no question.

Chen is a better basketball player. Chen plays much better defense and he does it all the time. Ski can make spectacular plays on D, he also gets abused when he has his frequent lapses on defense. Ski can be explosive on offense but he is ridiculously inconsistent taking ill-advised shots and being a ball stopper. Chen works well within the offense contributing without taking away from our key scorers like the Mayor.

Don't take this as not liking Ski, he adds a lot to the team but for this team Chen is a better overall player right now because of his head.

Sabatino Chen is not a better basketball player than Askia Booker.

Stop. Please stop.

Sabatino Chen is not a better basketball player than Askia Booker.

Stop. Please stop.

Both very good, if I have to choose which gets minutes on this team I play Chen first. Booker is still young and has a lot of potential but his ill timed forced shots, his lapses on defense, his stretches where he tends to stop the ball movement and try to turn things into a one on one game put him behind Chen's stability and maturity on the court. If I have someone who has taken 338 shots on the season which is over 100 more than anyone else on the team I need better than a .385 FG percentage

Last edited:
Both very good, if I have to choose which gets minutes on this team I play Chen first. Booker is still young and has a lot of potential but his ill timed forced shots, his lapses on defense, his stretches where he tends to stop the ball movement and try to turn things into a one on one game put him behind Chen's stability and maturity on the court.

And that is why you don't coach basketball - thank god

Both very good, if I have to choose which gets minutes on this team I play Chen first. Booker is still young and has a lot of potential but his ill timed forced shots, his lapses on defense, his stretches where he tends to stop the ball movement and try to turn things into a one on one game put him behind Chen's stability and maturity on the court.

You're welcome to that opinion.

I'll take the guy who is 2nd on the team in scoring, 2nd on the team in assists, 2nd on the team in steals, and 4th on the team in rebounding.

Part of the reason Chen is effective is because teams just completely stop guarding him and he gets a ton of open looks. That doesn't happen with Ski. He gets constant attention, which opens things up for the entire offense. Besides, I think Chen's D is little overrated. He's the 3rd best defensive player on his own team, in a best-case scenario.

You're welcome to that opinion.

I'll take the guy who is 2nd on the team in scoring, 2nd on the team in assists, 2nd on the team in steals, and 4th on the team in rebounding.

And all of those stats can be attributed to getting much more playing time than Chen.

http://www.cubuffs.com//pdf8/1444858.pdf

Ski has also taken many more shots than e.g., Spencer ... and with far less productivity. He exercises poor judgment, trying to go inside among the bigs, but doesn't draw fouls as much as Spence. He throws up 3's whenever he thinks he's open, instead of looking for someone else who is open and who might have a higher percentage shot.

In short ... he has a lot of talent and potential ... but I think he's regressed a lot as the season has progressed. So I agree with those who say that Chen is a better b-ball player right now.

You guys don't get it. We don't have a lot of scoring options and Booker and Dinwiddie are the only two guards on the team that can create their own shot. Do you guys think Tad is stupid and can't see what happens on the court? There is a reason Booker gets so many minutes and free reign to shoot at will.

Undeniable. Chen's a valuable team leader and glue guy. And his hair is [strike]legendary[/strike] perfect.

fify

[video=youtube;iDpYBT0XyvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA[/video]

Yeah, LBuff. It's all attributable to those 10 minutes a game more that Ski gets over Chen.

Seriously?

Can't be. You guys are ****ing with me, aren't you?

And Buff fans have officially jumped the shark. Chen's a fine role player, but there's a reason Ski averages 3 times as many points in 9 more minutes. He shoots better from behind the arc, he's better at the line, rebounds better, and is the more dynamic player. When Ski goes off in California next week, there are a few people here who are going to have to eat a little crow.

And Buff fans have officially jumped the shark. Chen's a role player, but there's a reason Ski averages 3 times as many points in 9 more minutes. He shoots better from behind the arc, he's better at the line, rebounds better, and is the more dynamic player. When Ski goes off in California next week, there are a few people here who are going to have to eat a little crow.

I hope that happens ... but I've been waiting for it to happen over the last several games, and I haven't seen it.

Case in point ... I was at the game last night ... and saw Ski turn the ball over just past mid-court and get bailed out by Spence knocking the ball away and preventing an easy Ute layup.

Then ... almost immediately after, Ski tries to penetrate ... puts up an ill-advised attempt in traffic under the basket (on a key crunch-time possession), and gets bailed out by a rebound and put-in by Dre.

How many times will Ski's teammates have to bail him out when he exercises bad judgment or tries to do too much? I think he needs to sit a little more and learn that it isn't streetball he should be playing out there. Just one man's opinion (who's been following CU basketball since 1996 ... and college b-ball since Bill Bradley played at Princeton).

Last edited:
Back