What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Basketball: Dayton vs Colorado Game Thread

For the only time in my life, I'm going to cheer for Baylor for a game.

I WANT REVENGE!

:woot: Good win....came out and played some solid ball in the 2nd half after an awful 1st half

Ski easily becoming my favorite player and love what XJ and Scott are bringing to this team....Roberson the only ? again as he definitely needs to not force the offensive game so much and do what he's always done best

****ing bitches better win this game. Cowardly ****s will probably lose it just so they don't have to see what real beauty looks like on the Court (Chen's hair).

Went to chat the last minute. Why was everyone so pissed at each other? :lol:

Nice 10 point win on the road. Scott, Booker and XJ are very good. Dre remains a great rebounder, but didn't do much else today. Plenty to build on - but always nice to get a W.

Ski is looking really solid, XJ and Jelly are living up to their billing.

Dre needs to calm down and realize he doesn't need to be carrying the team solely on his shoulders, he's got good support around him. He seems to be trying too hard at rounding out his game at times.

Quick stat analysis on this huge win:

Defense: Forced 14 turnovers and only allowed 8 assists. Held Dayton to 33.3% shooting (23.8% from 3pt). Blocked 7 shots.

Defense won this game for us.

Offense: 44.2% from the field (43.8% from 3pt). Only 58.3% on FTs. 12 assists against 14 turnovers.

Decent offense for this early in the year with such a young team.

Rebounding: Dayton outrebounded us 36-34. They pulled down 9 O-Rebs to our 4.

Not protecting the defensive glass was our biggest issue today along with our foul shots. Fix those and we would have won by 15.

Congrats to Colorado. That was an ugly game on both sides, but Booker and the two freshman made shots down the stretch. You guys looked much better in the second half. Very ugly game for my Flyers, especially Dillard, but I think its fair to say the CU defense had a lot to do with that.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

What the hell is going on? First we sellout the season opener against some team most people haven't heard of, and then the Buffs take a positive step forward a get a big win.... and this all happens in November? It's like some cool version of the Twilight Zone or something. :lol:

Big Big Win Today!!! :rock:

Seriously, this win was HUGE. Provided the favorites win the other three games, that means we're playing the #8 RPI team in 2012 along with either #21 (Murray State) or #165 (St. John's, who will be much better this season. Probably top 100). If we lost, we would have dealt with #255 (Boston College) and then either #134 (Charleston) or #156 (Auburn).

Congrats to Colorado. That was an ugly game on both sides, but Booker and the two freshman made shots down the stretch. You guys looked much better in the second half. Very ugly game for my Flyers, especially Dillard, but I think its fair to say the CU defense had a lot to do with that.

Thanks for coming around HF1, it was ugly, but lived up to the billing for a close game. Good luck on your season.

Best of luck to you guys too. Finish the tourney 2-1. Dayton impressed me. Dillard is a beast, and they're going to make some teams miserable this year.

Go win that loaded A-10.

Anyone have a stat on deflections? Or layups given up? I counted at least 3 deflections in one possession? Tough for a team to play against that.

Thanks HF1 Hope Dayton wins the A-10.

Right back at you. You guys play good defense, have athletes and a balanced team, and I was impressed with your young coach. I'll be cheering for you guys the rest of the way. Get that RPI into the Top 40 and make the Dance, Flyers!

I was impressed by the Dayton crowd there. They really traveled for this tourney. Felt like a true road game.

Seriously, this win was HUGE. Provided the favorites win the other three games, that means we're playing the #8 RPI team in 2012 along with either #21 (Murray State) or #165 (St. John's, who will be much better this season. Probably top 100). If we lost, we would have dealt with #255 (Boston College) and then either #134 (Charleston) or #156 (Auburn).

:nod:

Wow I didn't even notice XJohnson(we need a nickname here) had 15 points. That's exciting

I was impressed by the Dayton crowd there. They really traveled for this tourney. Felt like a true road game.

Indeed, they had a very good following....I didn't think the Buffs had anyone there but our group came to life a bit in the 2nd half and made some noise

hope you guys have a great season. We will try to do our part to keep your rpi up.

Is the game going to be available for replay on espn3? I keep waiting for it to come back up, I missed part of it leaving a class.

I think another exciting thing about this win is the "road" win. It may not have been a true road game, but it's still nice to pull that win out especially early in the season

Back