What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Basketball Game thread: Colorado @ UW

Ski won that MVP trophy in charleston and instead of taking it in stride like some articles suggested, I believe it went to his head. He is taking shots he shouldn't and it ends up hurting the team. He needs to take a day or two away from basketball entirely. Then come back and get going again. We need his offense.

The Mayor and Dre need to step up and lead this team. I was hoping it would be our senior but he hasn't done it either.

So assuming we make the NIT ( it is still going to take work to make the NIT), does that erase the hard work of the last two years?

So assuming we make the NIT ( it is still going to take work to make the NIT), does that erase the hard work of the last two years?
With the amount of leadership we have lost over the past two years I don't think so. Before the NCAA tourney run we knew that we were looking at a lot of work this year. They got out to a fast start and I think we as a fan base may have gotten ahead of ourselves a bit.

The NCAA tourney is not out of the question yet, but things are going to have to turn around in a hurry. We have one "bad" loss and that is to ASU and they are much improved. Out of our 6 losses only two have come to teams with more than 3 losses. Close games against teams like UofA and UCLA give me hope that we are almost there. The UW loss was close until we started fouling at the end and they wouldn't miss. Its a matter of missing leadership and the freshman losing their confidence. Need Tad to work some magic.

I don't think so. All we have to do is look at the last few years before Tad arrived in Boulder and realize CU basketball is in a much better place today than it was.

We need mid-range jumper. Period.

We need an offensive identity, rebounding and running isn't an offensive identity. When it is working it is great, but you need to be able to execute in the half court offense. We stand around a lot on offense, there is very little movement and way to much emphasis is put on guards beating their man off the dribble to fuel the offense. That just doesn't work against P12 talent night in night out.

We need an offensive identity, rebounding and running isn't an offensive identity. When it is working it is great, but you need to be able to execute in the half court offense. We stand around a lot on offense, there is very little movement and way to much emphasis is put on guards beating their man off the dribble to fuel the offense. That just doesn't work against P12 talent night in night out.

Exactly! Youa re dead on. Right now there isn't much of any offense to speak of, and we don't have a lot of guys that can get their own shot. I often wonder if Booker thinks he is 6ft 10 when he goes in low with those weak layup attempts that get rejected into the 10th row. Anyway I have said it another post, we have to clean up the mental errors and covet each possession, too many bad turnouver that shouldn't be happening. Boyle needs to nip that in the bud yesterday. Some awful calls last night too, the officiating in the PAC12 has to be the worst int he country.

No. With this young team, the NIT is not a disaster. It does, however, erase the hard work of our impressive resume OOC and that is highly unfortunate to have lost vital momentum. However, this isn't Boyle's "Stalingrad" or something. It will all be okay. We are a young team and got a little ahead of ourselves. Let's keep in mind we beat Arizona on the road just two weeks ago, and this young team hasn't recovered because Andre and the Mayor are not providing adequate leadership.

Andre Roberson needs to stop playing so much around the perimeter. He's not a small forward either at this level or likely the next. He's an undersized 4, and there's been plenty of players that have had success at the next level despite being undersized. Needs to focus on what made him talked about as a possible first round pick

Andre Roberson needs to stop playing so much around the perimeter. He's not a small forward either at this level or likely the next. He's an undersized 4, and there's been plenty of players that have had success at the next level despite being undersized. Needs to focus on what made him talked about as a possible first round pick

This. Of everyone on the roster, Dre's been the most disappointing for me this year. He seemed to come out playing for the NBA scouts early in the season, and when that didn't go well (especially offensively), he seemed to lose his confidence and swagger. He's still getting rebounds because of his positioning, but he just doesn't have the same fight and fire that made him so good last season.

Back