What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Basketball Game thread: UCLA at Colorado

We're sleepwalking through this one again. Did the Arizona game really do that much damage?

Only hope is to prolong this, somehow make three throws, and grind our way back in.

We are in deep ****, not just got today, but for the season.

We are not anywhere close to as good as we thought we were. We may have a brighter future with this team but we lack somone who can take control of the game either in terms of scoring or distributing and tempo. Other than Chen we have lots of guys who convert into one on one players including on defense. When we hit a rough stretch guys try to win it all by themselves instead of running the offense and defense and we end up giving up these ugly runs that cost us games.

It amazes me how our opponents are exponentially better at in-bounding the ball, FT's etc

UCLA is shooting 62% from the FT line, and CU is shooting 74% from the FT line, how are they exponentially better?

Didn't seem that close. Either way it has been an issue all season. We can't go through these mental lapses where we don't give af for 5 minutes at a time. We just bury ourselves

We are going to be fighting to get in the NIT the way we are playing now.

Yep. Unless this team grows up in a hurry (it could happen), we're going to be sitting here a week from now at 1-5 in the Pac-12. Reality is about to strike home for some of the "we're a lock for the Dance" crowd on here.

Not your day when one of the Wears becomes Larry Bird. I listened to about the last 8 minutes. Sounds like the one bad stretch plus missed FTs cost us. Did Ski get a good look on the last shot?

Not your day when one of the Wears becomes Larry Bird. I listened to about the last 8 minutes. Sounds like the one bad stretch plus missed FTs cost us. Did Ski get a good look on the last shot?

Yes ... but I'm of the persuasion that Spencer should have taken it instead of passing it off to Ski. In short ... The Mayor needs to start thinking of himself as our "Kobe" ... in the best sense of that term.

Leaving this one behind (for the time being) ... and hoping the Broncs don't tank and totally ruin my weekend. :huh:

Good fight....if only we did this for 40

Don't agree. We had some moments when our effort helped us but the way we played we deserved to lose by a lot more than we did. We had terrible shot selection much of the game, we gave up some offensive rebounds that never should have been, and we played some bad team team defense.

Yep. Unless this team grows up in a hurry (it could happen), we're going to be sitting here a week from now at 1-5 in the Pac-12. Reality is about to strike home for some of the "we're a lock for the Dance" crowd on here.

I don't think they're a lock, but I still think they have a good chance to be a tourney team. Definitely need at least one of the Washington games now. Maybe both.

I don't think they're a lock, but I still think they have a good chance to be a tourney team. Definitely need at least one of the Washington games now. Maybe both.

You can't lose to ASU on the road and UCLA at home and expect to be a tourney team. do you think they will let a team that wins 2 conference road games into the dance? And don't count on another magical tourney run this year.

Been saying somebody needs to take that role for awhile now. Dinwiddie does need to be more selfish when the situation calls for it. Sounds like it was a half court game for the most part? I didn't see it but heard Johnson say CU didn't get many fast break points. CU needs to push the ball every chance they get. In the half court, run it through Scott. A little 2 man game with him and Dinwiddie.

Been saying somebody needs to take that role for awhile now. Dinwiddie does need to be more selfish when the situation calls for it. Sounds like it was a half court game for the most part? I didn't see it but heard Johnson say CU didn't get many fast break points. CU needs to push the ball every chance they get. In the half court, run it through Scott. A little 2 man game with him and Dinwiddie.

Booker gladly took that shoot first role. You should have been more specific.

Back