What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Buffaloes at Frenso State Basketball game thread

We take care of our home games and we are sitting at 19wins. Think we can beat UW and WSU on the road, Utah, ASU, OSU, and Cal to put us at 25wins during the regular season... 25-5 before tourney play. That should be quite the resume.

Highly doubt we go 6-3 on the road in the PAC, even with improvement. I'll happily be wrong

Haha I am not at all convinced it is going to happen, but is definitely possible. Arizona and UCLA are really the only two home games that worry me.

If Zona is as good as they are rated they are going to smoke us.

If we go 4-5 on the road in conference, I'll be a happy camper.

I want 5-4. Wanna hit that 24 mark in regular season play this year

Tad Boyle improved his road record at CU to 7-18 last night and has never won more than 4 true road games in a year. I think our road expectations in this thread are a bit on the high side with a team this young.

Tad Boyle improved his road record at CU to 7-18 last night and has never won more than 4 true road games in a year. I think our road expectations in this thread are a bit on the high side with a team this young.
honestly, I'm hoping we win three away games. hoping. We are flat out terrible on the road.

We will see how much growing they do with an easy schedule the next few weeks. Get some rest and let tad get after them a little bit.

Arizona is the only team in this conference I think can beat us no matter where it is played. I think this Buff team can get them one time maybe. No one else scares me.

Wins - at Arizona State, USC, UCLA, at Washington, at Washington State, Cal, Stanford, at Utah, at Oregon State, Arizona State, Utah, at Cal, Oregon, Oregon State (14)
Losses - at Arizona, at Oregon, Arizona, at Stanford (4)

Arizona is the only team in this conference I think can beat us no matter where it is played. I think this Buff team can get them one time maybe. No one else scares me.

Wins - at Arizona State, USC, UCLA, at Washington, at Washington State, Cal, Stanford, at Utah, at Oregon State, Arizona State, Utah, at Cal, Oregon, Oregon State (14)
Losses - at Arizona, at Oregon, Arizona, at Stanford (4)

This is a dream scenario and has about a 10% chance of happening, likely less playing so much youth.

Stanford throttled us both times last year.
We wont beat Cal in thier house
We will lose at least one of: UW, Wazzu, OSU

With just those we are talking about 11-7 which is far, far, far more realistic.

This is a dream scenario and has about a 10% chance of happening, likely less playing so much youth.

With just those we are talking about 11-7 which is far, far, far more realistic.

You may be right ... but I'm hopeful that this young team will do some serious growing up in the next couple of months.

Don't be so sure on the bolded part. Had a chance to beat them last season at their place.

I'm hoping for 12-6 in conference, and 4 road wins. After the past couple weeks not so sure. Turnovers and FT's are issues. I realize this team is young, but watching this team on the road reminds me of Ricardo Patton. :huh:

Don't be so sure on the bolded part. Had a chance to beat them last season at their place.

I'm hoping for 12-6 in conference, and 4 road wins. After the past couple weeks not so sure. Turnovers and FT's are issues. I realize this team is young, but watching this team on the road reminds me of Ricardo Patton. :huh:

They also almost lost to Texas Southern, and blew a massive lead against CSU in the second half - both home games.

The team needs some maturity.

You have to keep in mind that while we went 3-6 last year on the road in the Pac, we also faced 3 teams considerably more hapless than any we will face on the road this year. That's not to say that there aren't bad teams this year in the Pac, believe me, there are. However, no one, not even Wazzu, is as bad as USC, Utah and Arizona State were last year (our 3 conference road wins). As I've said before, we've done nothing to show we can beat the mid-table teams (Cal, Washington, Oregon State etc) on the road with any consistency. I do believe we will get there, but it remains to be seen if that will happen this year. Let's face it, in many ways last night highlighted a lot of the inept play of the Buffs on the road. Hopefully the end result of a victory can be a confidence booster/springboard for better road play, but last night did nothing to change the current perception that this team struggles on the road.

Back