What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Buffaloes vs CSU Basketball Game Thread

This is honestly like last year in reverse so far, CSU was taking it to us, but never delivered the knockout blow so we clawed back and had a chance to win on the last shot -- can we deliver the knockout punch?

Say what you will about Chen ... but he HUSTLES!!! :thumbsup:

Hard to complain, but wish we'd hit the boards a little better. 9 offensive rebounds for CSU? Sorry, that's not acceptable

Hard to complain, but wish we'd hit the boards a little better. 9 offensive rebounds for CSU? Sorry, that's not acceptable

That is the one bad thing right now. CSU is a great rebounding team, but this game is brutally out of reach if we get a few of those

Don't disagree ... but CSU is the best rebounding team in the nation right now ... so there is that.

Don't disagree ... but CSU is the best rebounding team in the nation right now ... so there is that.

9 offensive boards and we're not even done with the first half. I expected CSU to get their fair share of boards, but that is downright ridiculous. You'd think our average height was like 5'1

9 offensive boards and we're not even done with the first half. I expected CSU to get their fair share of boards, but that is downright ridiculous. You'd think our average height was like 5'1

It's easier to get offensive boards when your shooting .250. That's a lot of opportunities. Just sayin'.

It's easier to get offensive boards when your shooting .250. That's a lot of opportunities. Just sayin'.

Point taken, but 9 is a lot on the glass regardless. Buffs shot about as poor as they have recently at Wyoming, and had 12 for the game.

42-22 at halftime. Hope to see Ski knock down a few in the second half

First 4 minutes are CRUCIAL. Do not let them get back in the game. Knock. them. out.

Up by 20 at the half ... after a very good offensive performance. The refs are "letting them play" ... which I'm not sure bodes well for us given that we need to get their big rebounders in serious foul trouble.

In short ... I'm not real comfortable with our lead holding up in the second. We need to be more aggressive going inside to the bucket and pick up fouls on them. And run them into the floor when we get the chance on fast breaks ... yeah, they play at altitude also, but their big guys won't hold up as well as we will in an up-tempo game.

My 2 cents ... and that's exactly what it's worth. :lol:

Reactions: DBT
GREAT crowd tonight! The student section is packed, standing room all the way around the concourse, and all the aisles from 18 to 12 were packed until they cleared them out just before half. It has to be at/over capacity tonight.

Back