What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Pac-12 Commitment Tracker

So ASU has Jabari Ruffin, Scott Starr, Bryce Treggs, and Cedrick Poutasi visiting for their game against USC.

We have a ways to go.

So ASU has Jabari Ruffin, Scott Starr, Bryce Treggs, and Cedrick Poutasi visiting for their game against USC.

We have a ways to go.

:cry:

Hopefully we can get Starr in here.. I doubt Treggs is going anywhere other than Cal. No idea on the other two. We still haven't offered Poutasi have we? Nevada fail.

Something has got to be up at ASU. Other than the girls what else does ASU offer?

Add 4* ATH DJ Foster, 4* RB Bryon Marshall, and 4* WR Darreus Rogers to the visit list for ASU this weekend. Damn.

Another story to watch: 5* Shaq Thompson is visiting U-Dub this weekend. Odds are he will go Cal in the end, but U-Dub could make it really interesting.

Quite the turn around for ASU since last years class. I was hoping they would shi* their pants on the field this year

Add 4* ATH DJ Foster, 4* RB Bryon Marshall, and 4* WR Darreus Rogers to the visit list for ASU this weekend. Damn.

I was probably the last person on earth to find this out, but in case I'm not, their starting RB is Byron Marshall's older brother. Pretty sure he's a senior, so not sure it will have quite the pull it normally does.

I was probably the last person on earth to find this out, but in case I'm not, their starting RB is Byron Marshall's older brother. Pretty sure he's a senior, so not sure it will have quite the pull it normally does.

I think he mentioned it in a couple updates, but worth mentioning again for sure. ASU will be a major player for Marshall. DJ Foster might very well commit to ASU this weekend.

Rolling to the Dorsey game tonight to see Jaydon Mickens in person :thumbsup: Hopefully USC is getting a dud.

Mickons is damn fast. Jeremiah Allison looked average, probably a good move we took a pass on him. I don't think there was anyone else that looked like a D1 player on the field. Except the kicker for my high school, that kid was making 55 yard field goals with ease and I don't think Mickons was able to return a single kickoff. We must get Castor lessons from him.

A quick glance at the Rivals top 50 class rankings:

15. USC
22. Arizona
24. Stanford
27. Arizona State
37. Washington
39. Cal
45. Oregon State
46. UCLA
47. Oregon

A quick glance at the Rivals top 50 class rankings:

15. USC
22. Arizona
24. Stanford
27. Arizona State
37. Washington
39. Cal
45. Oregon State
46. UCLA
47. Oregon

Wow what's up with oregon? The lyles Scandal etc must really be hurting them

Arizona State took another commitment at WR today in Tennessee product Al Thompson. No idea what their class will look like come signing day.

I never noticed, but UW has a lot of commits walk wouldn't approve of. They have some really nice recruits, and maybe the others are too, but I thought they were recruiting a lot better than this.

I never noticed, but UW has a lot of commits walk wouldn't approve of. They have some really nice recruits, and maybe the others are too, but I thought they were recruiting a lot better than this.

You should see their basketball recruiting. Shockingly bad this year.

With regard to football, their most coveted recruits are still deciding (lineman, in-state guys and defensive backfield). January is the big month for finishing if not LOI day. If they get who they want they could easily end up with a Top 5 class. Assuming they miss on a few of the in-state kids, I would project them to a Top 20 ish class. If they nail the in-state kids and land some of their other coveted guys it could be a monster class... I doubt we'll see much on the recruiting front before January at this point.

With an earlier comment regarding Oregon, they always finish very strong, so I think it is hard to gauge right now how they will actually do on the recruiting front. I think the biggest unknown is whether there will be any program sanctions by the NCAA prior to LOI day (doubtful IMO). If there is no news regarding sanctions I expect Oregon to have a solid Top-15 class.

You should see their basketball recruiting. Shockingly bad this year.

UW BBall will only have 1-2 schollies available for this year, so they will not top any charts. They have targeted Demarquise Johnson as their #1, and are very particular with what they are looking for with the 1-2 schollies. The current players are a strong nucleus though that has this program positioned very well for potentially years to come.

They are also in a great position for some of the Top 2013 recruits (including Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon and Jabari Bird), and that is where the program is really focused right now. It would not surprise me if UW landed all threee of those PSAs. Realistically I think they will get at least one if not two of them. 2013 could see them pull in their best class ever if the cards fall right... it cetainly has the potential to be one of if not the best in the nation. We'll see and I can only hope at this point.

Find it really tough to believe that UW will finish with a top 5 class and beat out Bama, UF, FSU, UT, UM, etc.

Find it really tough to believe that UW will finish with a top 5 class and beat out Bama, UF, FSU, UT, UM, etc.

It would have to be a near perfect finish. If they land Garnett, Banner, Brostek and say a Westbrook to go along with Dean, it arguably *could* be one of the best offensive line hauls ever. I don't think they'll get all of the above, but if it happens it would vault them up significantly. Especially if you throw in a K. Russell, Hasty, or Beaver/Marsh/Seymour secondary with a couple other defensive guys.

I don't think UW will be a Top 5 but if they get their legacy recruits and in-state guys they certainly have a chance... I think Top 20 ish is more realistic than them keeping all of the in-state studs and legacy recruits...

Top 5 is ambitious, but DD is right. U-Dub's success will come down to the in-state OL for the most part. They also have a shot at several So Cal players that could solidify their class too. A top 20 class is within sight for them.

Overall, the last two months will be crazy to watch. Pretty much every team in the PAC-12 will be squaring off for various prospects against each other.

UW BBall will only have 1-2 schollies available for this year, so they will not top any charts. They have targeted Demarquise Johnson as their #1, and are very particular with what they are looking for with the 1-2 schollies. The current players are a strong nucleus though that has this program positioned very well for potentially years to come.

They are also in a great position for some of the Top 2013 recruits (including Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon and Jabari Bird), and that is where the program is really focused right now. It would not surprise me if UW landed all threee of those PSAs. Realistically I think they will get at least one if not two of them. 2013 could see them pull in their best class ever if the cards fall right... it cetainly has the potential to be one of if not the best in the nation. We'll see and I can only hope at this point.

Based on where UDub is with its top targets, it doesn't look like you'll hit on a 4* this year. That was a big surprise to me, as I think you guys have established yourselves at the #3 program in the conference.

Anyway, back to football.

ASU is kind of the same. They have a lot of commits (24) but Scout rates 9 of those players as 2-star prospects and only one of their commits is rated as a consensus 4-star player. They do have several upper-tier 3-star commits though.

Gonna be interesting to watch how recruiting unfolds for the Pac-12 South.

USC: Still bringing in a lot of elite players for visits. Sounds like they and Jaydon Mickens will be parting ways sooner rather than later as well. They are still trying to focus on OL in this class and have most of the elite prospects out west very interested. Once USC starts getting some commitments there, you should see the dominoes start to fall.
Arizona State: Living up to the preseason hype and should close strong. You might see them part ways with some of their current commits to make room. They have some commits that have academic hurdles.
UCLA: Recruits are in wait-and-see mode. Perhaps their best commit, LB Aaron Porter, is reciprocating interest from other Pac-12 schools. Barring a dramatic turnaround, this class is going to be average by UCLA standards.
Arizona: Letting Mike Stoops go has obviously opened the door for other teams here. The Buffs should be one of the teams that capitalizes on the firing. The next guy they hire will go a long way in how the class ends up, but expect some of their current commitments to jump ship for good.
Utah: The Utes are struggling on the field and some work to do on the recruiting trail. But they are in good shape with 4* offensive linemen Cedrick Poutasi and Brandon Fanaika. Additionally, it appears they are in line to land some good JUCO defensive linemen.

Lots of big visitors for Oregon this weekend when they take on ASU: DJ Foster, Ellis McCarthy, Bryce Cottrell, Reggie Daniels, Shaq Thompson, and Jeremy Castro.

Oregon State got a commitment from one of the better center prospects in the country, Grant Bays out of Oceanside. Despite their rough season, the Beavers are putting together a very solid class.

Arizona State got their 25th commitment today.

For a team that will be playing for the Pac-12 title, their class seems to be underwhelming. Their two best commits, Evan Goodman and Kenny Lawler, are taking several visits. They are expected land DJ Foster soon, but there is a chance he surprises and goes Oregon. Their class is going to be really interesting to watch to see who they sign in February and who ultimately makes it on to campus.

ASU is having a big recruiting weekend. The expected visitors:

-Julian Brooks (WR) NR/3*/3*/3*
-Thomas Brown (LB) 3*/3*/3*/3*
-Raymond Ford (CB) 3*/3*/2*/4*
-Evan Goodman (OL) 4*/4*/4*/4*
-Deontay Greenberry (WR) 4*/4*/4*/4*
-Russell Hansbrough (RB) 3*/3*/3*/3*
-Seth Jacobs (LB) 4*/4*/4*/3*
-Kisima Jagne (DE) 3*/3*/3*/3*
-Michael Mann (DE) 2*/2*/3*/3*
-Jaydon Mickens (WR) 4*/3*/3*/4*
-Kenny Orjioke (ATH) NR/3*/3*/NR
-Tee Shepard (CB) 4*/5*/4*/4*
-Javon Williams (WR) 4*/3*/3*/3*

I mentioned it in chat last night, but ASU has an interesting potential issue on their hands. The class up to now is pretty good, but nothing special. But clearly they are getting interest from several really good players due to a good season. The problem becomes how do they make the numbers work.

Back