What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Pac-12 Commitment Tracker

Well with all the recruiting news it sounds as though USC/Cal will end up with top 10 recruiting classes while Oregon will finish in the 15-20 range. So nothing out of the norm on the recruiting front with 2 cali schools finishing in the top-10.

Blue chip OL Josh Garnett out of Washington has narrowed his choices to three: Stanford, Michigan, and Notre Dame. Smart money is on Stanford. He is a big time prospect, rated in every site's top 50.

Ducks pick up commitment of 4 star JC OT Kyle Long.

Went to H.S. with Kyle, he was in my class for years from Kindergarten onwards through H.S. He's got some serious emotional issues and got himself into a bunch of trouble at FSU while playing baseball (polar opposite of his brother Chris). Hopefully he's gotten his act together while at Saddleback, but I doubt it.

Howie Long's kid.
images

Went to H.S. with Kyle, he was in my class for years from Kindergarten onwards through H.S. He's got some serious emotional issues and got himself into a bunch of trouble at FSU while playing baseball (polar opposite of his brother Chris). Hopefully he's gotten his act together while at Saddleback, but I doubt it.

Sounds as though he has and if nothing else Chip has had a lot of practice with idiots like Cliff Harris.

Sounds as though he has and if nothing else Chip has had a lot of practice with idiots like Cliff Harris.

Yeah. Chip is always wiling to roll those dice. Character off the field does not seem to be a consideration in his recruiting.

Kyle has always known how to say the right things. The biggest concern here is that this isn't his second chance -- this about his seventh chance. He's the type of guy who has a complete meltdown when all attention/praise isn't directed his way. He's never had to work for anything in his life, and it shows. There's plenty of (raw) talent, but as much of a benefit as that can be for a team, the other issues can be as detrimental.

Last edited:
Yeah. Chip is always wiling to roll those dice. Character off the field does not seem to be a consideration in his recruiting.

Actually it is and you would be surprised by the amount of scholarships he has pulled from kids who have off the field issues. He has not recruited a lot of very bad kids because technically most of the trouble kids he has dealt with were Mike Bellotti recruits.

Just a random list of kids interested in Pac-12 schools and where they will end up based on recent interviews.

DEFENSE

1. Arik Armstead..................Cal
2. Ellis McCarthy..................USC
3. DeForest Buckner...........Oregon
4. Jared Afalava....................Nebraska
5. Seth Jacobs.....................Oregon
6. Kendrick Mathis...............San Diego State
7. Kevon Seymour...............USC
8. Marcus Rios....................UCLA
9. Bryan Harper...................UCLA
10. Brandon Beaver.............Utah

OFFENSE

1. DJ Foster........................Cal
2. Keivarae Russell...........Washington
3. Domenic Betts................Unknown
4. Darreus Rogers.............USC
5. Jaydon Mickens..............Cal
6. Javon Williams...............Oregon State
7. Kenny Lawler..................Oregon State (unless Oregon offers)
8. Robert Lewis..................Washington State
9. Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick.....USC
10. Christo Kourtzidis........Cal
11. Zach Banner.................Washington
12. Joshua Garnett.............Stanford
13. Kyle Murphy..................Stanford or Oregon
14. Andrus Peat..................USC
15. Jeremiah Poutasi........Utah
16. Kyle Long.......................Oregon
17. Brandon Fanaika............Stanford

Just a random list of kids interested in Pac-12 schools and where they will end up based on recent interviews.

DEFENSE

1. Arik Armstead..................Cal
2. Ellis McCarthy..................USC
3. DeForest Buckner...........Oregon
4. Jared Afalava....................Nebraska
5. Seth Jacobs.....................Oregon
6. Kendrick Mathis...............San Diego State
7. Kevon Seymour...............USC
8. Marcus Rios....................UCLA
9. Bryan Harper...................UCLA
10. Brandon Beaver.............Utah

OFFENSE

1. DJ Foster........................Cal
2. Keivarae Russell...........Washington
3. Domenic Betts................Unknown
4. Darreus Rogers.............USC
5. Jaydon Mickens..............Cal
6. Javon Williams...............Oregon State
7. Kenny Lawler..................Oregon State (unless Oregon offers)
8. Robert Lewis..................Washington State
9. Jalen Cope-Fitzpatrick.....USC
10. Christo Kourtzidis........Cal
11. Zach Banner.................Washington
12. Joshua Garnett.............Stanford
13. Kyle Murphy..................Stanford or Oregon
14. Andrus Peat..................USC
15. Jeremiah Poutasi........Utah
16. Kyle Long.......................Oregon
17. Brandon Fanaika............Stanford
I see you didn't put Rippy or Wright on there.

This list is the free Whoregon board guessing at its best. (plus a pretty good way to piss off our Buff hosts so you should delete it my feathered friend).

I see you didn't put Rippy or Wright on there.

These are guesses put together by a group of 3-4 people who cover recruiting for scout.com so I figured they were relevant.

No idea who rippy is, but Yuri Wright is to damn hard to get a read off of.

Have it on good authority that UCLA is trying to flip 'flukes

They'll never flip me from the #1 university in the UC system to #2 on account of their sh*tty academics or poor football recruiting. In fact, fUCLA will never flip me. They weren't even one of my "fall back" schools....GO BEARS!

Back