What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Stanford Cardinal @ Colorado Basketball game thread

we needed that. now lets beat the **** out of cal.

Feeling much more confident after tonight. I saw Stanford as by far the biggest threat. That's not to say this team can't do something ridiculous like suddenly get cocky or complacent after a big streak of 2 whole wins and slip up against a Cal team that is capable of playing pretty good basketball at times, though. I like that Cal got a win tonight, it takes way some desperation from them.

Dre was an absolute monster tonight. I already said that in this thread, but it needs to be repeated. Phenomenal game from him.

No need to swing at a sworn enemy to the furd. Let's just enjoy the moment. Our womens team can beat our mens team so yeah, you'd better beat us.

Congrats mostly to fans named C'Ville, Sacky, Goose, Tini and Darth. They seemed to have wanted this more than the rest of you. And yes, the bear is happy for all of you. Frenemies for a day or so...

Our women's team is quite good as well. Should we send them out against you and see what happens?

Looking forward to Saturday. In all seriousness, it should be a good game. Both our teams are capable of most anything, which is distressful to the fan, but makes things entertaining if nothing else. Huge game in determining who can make a run for getting a bye in Vegas.

Chen also had a solid night. 7 points 6 boards.

And as is common the stats don't reflect his contribution. Played very solid on defense disrupting the furd offense, on the other end he kept the ball moving and helped keep our offense stable.

Our women's team is quite good as well. Should we send them out against you and see what happens?

Looking forward to Saturday. In all seriousness, it should be a good game. Both our teams are capable of most anything, which is distressful to the fan, but makes things entertaining if nothing else. Huge game in determining who can make a run for getting a bye in Vegas.

:lol: Let's enjoy this weekend and then we can joust again. I have a feeling your women face plant in Cali as do our men at CU. Either way, we'll have something to watch and say soon. Congrats on crushing the red and white. It never gets old. :congrats:

Good luck against the Blue and Gold.

Nice to give Stanford an ass kicking after what they did to us last year.

Looking at the stats:

52.6% from the field (30/57). Excellent job of attacking the rim tonight for the most part. Do it more often.

44.4% from 3 (4/9). I'll take it after being 1/11 at Washington and 1/9 at Wazzu.

50% from the charity stripe (11/22). Sigh. I'm not sure what it's going to take, but sooner or later we're going to find ourselves at the foul line, down 1, with .01 on the clock (thus Dre can't bail out a miss with a tip) during a night where we're shooting 50% from the line. Do we make those? Do we even make 1 to take it to OT?

Won the rebound battle 45-29. Very, very impressive.

12 turnovers. Did a solid job in the first half, but Stanford's flopping started to get us in the second. 12 assists

Look how evenly the scoring is spread out: Starters points: 13, 12, 12, 12, 11. You're not going to be beaten when you do that.

Dre: 12 points 20 boards.

Ski: 13 points 4 rebounds 3 assists. 6/9 from the field, think this ended his slump.

The Mayor: 12 points 4 assists 3 rebounds

Jelly: 12 points 5 rebounds.

XJ: 11 points. Monster dunks. Confidence is soaring as he comes into his own.

Chen gave us 7 points 6 rebounds. Need him to knock them down every once in a while as teams don't even bother guarding him many times.

Ben Mills 4 points (final minute). Looked good.

Jeremy Adams knocked down a nice 3

Stalzer was a bit out of control tonight. 1 point (1/3 from the foul line)

Reminded me of the Nuggets blowout from last night. We just looked and played like the better team and played very aggressive. Any Stanford run was neutralized and CU played like they should every game, attacking the rim and paint relentlessly.

Lol, at least 1,000 empty seats tonight. Oddly most were close to the floor.

Every school counts season tickets as used regardless. For instance, I go to UVA games and they're always announcing it around 10k or 11k when in reality there's 7k there.

It was pretty full tonight, not CSU full but close.

I sit row 18 on the aisle. I had nobody in front of me, to the side or directly behind me. But if you looked at the top 15 rows they were completely packed.

It was pretty full tonight, not CSU full but close.

It's downright awesome to be having 11,212 crowds for weekday games against mid-table opponents. You know you're on the right track when you're not just listing sell-outs for the marquee home game or two of the season (Arizona and Oregon/UCLA)

For comparison, attendance for CSU was 11,708.

The student section overflowed into the isles again at least where I was at. I have a feeling next year they are going to have to have a different system for basketball tickets.

There's so many babes in the student section it's unbelievable.

Roberson was a BEAST tonight and the refs sucked

Fun to see this team play so well. Great D, XJ was a beast, Jelly was money and what can you say about Dre. This team is playing very good D and using it to get into a transition game that really ran Furd off the floor at times. The refs can lick my sack. The Pac Officials are about as bad as it gets. The crowd was awesome and the house was rocking.

XJ is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. He brings an aggression to the game that we have not seen in a long time and is growing up very quickly.

Just got done watching the replay. By far the best Pac-12 game playd by the Buffs this year. Dre was unbelievable. Great team defense and X was nasty above the rim. Hell even Ben Mills was feeling it tonight. It's a lot of fun watching this team play up to their potential.

Every school counts season tickets as used regardless. For instance, I go to UVA games and they're always announcing it around 10k or 11k when in reality there's 7k there.

The seats next to mine have been empty for every game this year (except during the CSU game when halfway through the first period some students realized they were empty and asked if they could sit in them). I actually checked with CU to find out if the seats were available because there were a few games I wanted to bring friends and have them next to us, but apparently someone bought them as season tickets. Wondering if I'm going to have a Wildcat next to me on Valentine's Day...

The student section overflowed into the isles again at least where I was at. I have a feeling next year they are going to have to have a different system for basketball tickets.

While I give the students tons of credit - a little advice to those of you that show up late -- if you're going to be late, don't wander down 3 rows up from the court and stand there for 5 minutes looking for open seats while getting in the way of the game and annoying everyone around you. The guy behind me was close to throwing something at you and I would have lied on his behalf. The key is to go move in quickly and just grab empty seats while pretending they're yours.

i hope they do the wrap around thing for the students like they do at big basketball schools.

Lol, at least 1,000 empty seats tonight. Oddly most were close to the floor.

My family has like 15 seats in the first 6 rows or so. I think only 3 got used last night, due to people out of town and other games (kids high school/middle school). Including me not being there. We'll take some of the blame for it looking emptier around the floor.

My family has like 15 seats in the first 6 rows or so. I think only 3 got used last night, due to people out of town and other games (kids high school/middle school). Including me not being there. We'll take some of the blame for it looking emptier around the floor.
which seats? Happy to fill them for you :lol:

Although, it has been discussed, but there is no way I would last a game within earshot of the refs. They would kick me out for sure.

which seats? Happy to fill them for you :lol:

Although, it has been discussed, but there is no way I would last a game within earshot of the refs. They would kick me out for sure.

:lol: Right behind the visitor bench. The visiting parents give all sorts of glares when obscenities are thrown at the visiting head coach.

:lol: Right behind the visitor bench. The visiting parents give all sorts of glares when obscenities are thrown at the visiting head coach.
if your family ever decides it needs less seats, I would be happy to provide the entertainment :lol:

Back