What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Stanford Cardinal @ Colorado Basketball game thread

The seats next to mine have been empty for every game this year (except during the CSU game when halfway through the first period some students realized they were empty and asked if they could sit in them). I actually checked with CU to find out if the seats were available because there were a few games I wanted to bring friends and have them next to us, but apparently someone bought them as season tickets. Wondering if I'm going to have a Wildcat next to me on Valentine's Day...

While I give the students tons of credit - a little advice to those of you that show up late -- if you're going to be late, don't wander down 3 rows up from the court and stand there for 5 minutes looking for open seats while getting in the way of the game and annoying everyone around you. The guy behind me was close to throwing something at you and I would have lied on his behalf. The key is to go move in quickly and just grab empty seats while pretending they're yours.
I luckily show up about an hour before every game, but I feel ya. So they were wondering in sections that weren't students?

I luckily show up about an hour before every game, but I feel ya. So they were wondering in sections that weren't students?

They always do. And that's fine because if the seats are empty, rock on. My problem is if you're wandering down there with 10 minutes left in the first half, sit down quickly or get the hell out of the way.

According to William on Rivals, last night was a good night to put it all together. There were several recruits in attendance.

According to William on Rivals, last night was a good night to put it all together. There were several recruits in attendance.

Pretty sure I saw Perkins and Collier in the next section over. A bigger player w/ them as well.

A couple thoughts:
1. XJ is starting to get it. Stanford was not prepared for what he was bringing last night. They had no answer for him he could have gone off for 30 if he were so inclined. For all the highlight reel dunks, his best points were probably the "three" he hit in the first half. Once he did that, it was curtains. He's a very versatile player and is going to cause matchup problems all year long.
2. Jelly is awesome, and is getting better every time he steps on the court. We'll be lucky to keep him around for more than two years. He's that good.
3. Dre killed any chance Stanford might have had to keep the game close. His FT shooting was horrible, but the rest of his game was incredible.
4. Ski was unconscious. I need to remind myself that he won't always be that way.
5. The crowd, and the C-Unit in particular, was fantastic. Very loud. Announced attendance was 11,200 in a building that is only supposed to hold 11,000. Nice way to represent. Now guys like Snow and Rugged get pissed because the Dark Horse is jammed before every game. I foresee ticket price increases in our future.

A couple thoughts:
1. XJ is starting to get it. Stanford was not prepared for what he was bringing last night. They had no answer for him he could have gone off for 30 if he were so inclined. For all the highlight reel dunks, his best points were probably the "three" he hit in the first half. Once he did that, it was curtains. He's a very versatile player and is going to cause matchup problems all year long.
2. Jelly is awesome, and is getting better every time he steps on the court. We'll be lucky to keep him around for more than two years. He's that good.
3. Dre killed any chance Stanford might have had to keep the game close. His FT shooting was horrible, but the rest of his game was incredible.
4. Ski was unconscious. I need to remind myself that he won't always be that way.
5. The crowd, and the C-Unit in particular, was fantastic. Very loud. Announced attendance was 11,200 in a building that is only supposed to hold 11,000. Nice way to represent. Now guys like Snow and Rugged get pissed because the Dark Horse is jammed before every game. I foresee ticket price increases in our future.

Needs to happen assuming the product remains good. We've got some of the cheapest tickets of any power conference school that's remotely competitive (I have no idea what like Oregon State charges). Most schools you'll find tickets $30+ for mediocre seats for conference games, often times more.

Needs to happen assuming the product remains good. We've got some of the cheapest tickets of any power conference school that's remotely competitive (I have no idea what like Oregon State charges). Most schools you'll find tickets $30+ for mediocre seats for conference games, often times more.

I agree. I'll add that so long as Tad is here, I'm confident the product will remain very, very good.

Ski may have found his shot/range. That jumper where steps about a foot inside the perimeter on either side of the key. Makes it look effortless. Don't think he has missed it the past two games.

Ski may have found his shot/range. That jumper where steps about a foot inside the perimeter on either side of the key. Makes it look effortless. Don't think he has missed it the past two games.
That may be true, but he was throwing up junk last night that was falling. My worry is that he figures these off-balance wild blind shots will always hit.

Congrats mostly to fans named C'Ville, Sacky, Goose, Tini and Darth. They seemed to have wanted this more than the rest of you. And yes, the bear is happy for all of you. Frenemies for a day or so...

Except for Goose, they're CU hoops amateurs. Especially that banker guy. :smile2:

Except for Goose, they're CU hoops amateurs. Especially that banker guy. :smile2:
Guilty as charged. Although I should point out that as a Boulder native, I've been watching CU basketball since 1980. There just wasn't much reason to pay attention until now.

I'm no Goose, nor do I pretend to be. However, I earned my worth sitting in an empty Keg during 7 win seasons long before the vast majority hopped on the bandwagon :nod: and it makes our winning now that much more special to me.

Back