What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 vs 2006

RSSBot

News Junkie
I saw an interesting question posed during yesterday's Kyle Ringo twitter chat: who would win a game between the 2012 and 2006 Buffs?*For the record, Ringo*responded*that he thought the '12 iteration of the Buffs would win 6-3, but I think that question deserves some fleshing out.

Already you can see where this is headed, as I've invoked the seminal year of the Hawk error when discussing the current on-field horror.* I'm not doing this to be mean.* It just struck me, however, that after considering the question that I was looking back fondly on the 2006 season.* Such is the depths that this turd of a season has flung me into.*

The two squads are already kind of similar. Both lost to CSU and an below-average 1-AA school in consecutive weeks; each notched their first win against a Mike Leach lead team, causing the Dread Pirate to bemoan the effort of his players.* One thing '06 has, so far, over the current CU vintage: a second win.* Whether the 2012 Buffs can reach that mark is yet to be seen.* I, at least, think it would be an interesting game, and one that's fun to think about.

Accordingly, I'm going to give the scenario the full preview treatment, from stat breakdown to prediction. After giving it a moments thought, my conclusion might surprise you.

Click below for a look back at the year that was 2006...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-7880571566445218976

K59BWCue1NM

The 2006 team had a bad offense - but the defense was pretty good.

The 2012 team has a bad offense - and the defense is even worse.

I think the 2006 team would actually have decent success against the 2012 defense. Meanwhile, I doubt the 2012 offense would generate much against the 2006 defense.

The 2006 defense was our best D since 2001-2002. They were on the field the entire game and yet they kept things close, kept scores low. They played like Buffs. The 2006 special teams were definitely above average, at times fantastic.

The 2012 team does not have a unit that is competitive at all right now.

So, not even close.

Good article, Rumblin'.

not even close. Dizon would be laughing at our OL whilst picking pieces of Jordan Webb out of the turf.

The 2012 team does not have a unit that is competitive at all right now.

I'd give the edge Webb of the two QB's

I like the 20-7 score mentioned. With the game not being that close.

one thing No one has said is this IS JON'S SECOND ****ING YEAR so basically Jon Embree year 2 is worse than Dan Hawkins year one. What would the bowl team have done to this team? 35-7? 42-10?

Back