What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Arizona State Basketball Preview

RSSBot

News Junkie
Well, it could've been worse. *Running up against a world-class defense in foreign territory, the Buffs were blitzed by the Arizona Wildcats in the early going of Thursday's game. *They kept their heads down, however, and found some traction in the second half, keeping the score from appearing to be a complete blowout. *The 69-57 final isn't an ideal, but it's a suitable result for where the team is at this moment.

I'm a little frustrated by the large number of turnovers. *CU coughed up the ball 16 times, all from their top-six players. *You could really see the absence of Spencer Dinwiddie here. Without the calming influence of the regular point guard, the Buffs struggled to find avenues of attack against the vaunted Arizona defense, and played -15 basketball in the first half. *Settled down at halftime, they played much better after the break, but the damage was done.
Arizona corralled CU far too easily in the opening minutes on Thursday. *From: the BDC
Of course, the game wasn't the big story yesterday morning. *CU losing by 12 at McKale was never going to make waves, one way or the other. *I think anyone looking at this objectively knew that CU was going to lose, it was just a matter of degree. *What did make some waves were the post-game comments uttered by star CU forward Xavier Johnson.

Now, Xavier had a good game. *He scored 21 points on 7-12 shooting, leading all scorers on the evening. It's understandable that he'd be individually encouraged by his effort, but he let the moment get the better of him once retired to the media room.

It started off innocently enough.
"They are the No. 1 team and they just beat us, so I can't really talk."*​
Had Johnson ended it there, everyone, from players to fans to media, would've woken up yesterday focused on ASU. *Instead, the press conference continued. *
"[...] but everybody has their lapses, you know? We have better players than them, I think, even down a player - two great players." *​
They're the number one team in the nation, Xavier. *I think you're good, too, but you've now lost three of four. *Combined with what I saw last night, I think reality contradicts your argument. **sigh* Oh, but he continues...*
"We were playing the No. 1 team in the nation, but they're not that good." *​
*rolls eyes* Sure, why not? *It only took the 'Cats a media timeout to wipe the floor with you guys, but sure, 'they're not that good.'*
"We didn't come with the right mindset." *​
At least some humility after a defeat. *Anything else for the class?*
"The good news is we get another crack at these guys, at our place. That'll be a 20-point blowout."​
GAH!​

SOMEONE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CUT HIS MIC! *WHELAN, HOWELL, ONE OF YOU MAKE YOURSELVES USEFUL AND CAUSE A DISTURBANCE! I'LL GET SKI TO RUN IN THERE AN YANK 'X' OFF THE STAGE! QUICK! GET ME ONE OF THOSE 'MEN IN BLACK' THINGIES! *Now, *cough* everyone just look in here...

Huh? *What comments by Xavier? *Nope, nothing to see here... *sticks hands in pockets, whistles*

Wow, sure glad no one said anything monumentally stupid after that Arizona game. *I think we have a good shot at beating them in a month, and I'd hate for anyone to undermine that opportunity by giving the Wildcats a hearty helping of bulletin board material...

Anyways, today's game with Arizona State is huge. *While beating Arizona was too much to ask for, the Sun Devils offer a more reasonable proposition. *It won't be easy, however. *ASU has proven to have Colorado's number since the conference shift, winning three of the four meetings, including a sweep last season. *A win in Tempe would be a well-earned, and much-needed scalp.

Tip-off from the Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Arizona is set for 5pm this afternoon. *Televised coverage can be found on Pac-12 Network, with the radio call on 850 KOA.
Click below for the preview...

Read more »
tB7r4z3KL7Q

Well, it could've been worse. *Running up against a world-class defense in foreign territory, the Buffs were blitzed by the Arizona Wildcats in the early going of Thursday's game. *They kept their heads down, however, and found some traction in the second half, keeping the score from appearing to be a complete blowout. *The 69-57 final isn't an ideal, but it's a suitable result for where the team is at this moment.

I'm a little frustrated by the large number of turnovers. *CU coughed up the ball 16 times, all from their top-six players. *You could really see the absence of Spencer Dinwiddie here. Without the calming influence of the regular point guard, the Buffs struggled to find avenues of attack against the vaunted Arizona defense, and played -15 basketball in the first half. *Settled down at halftime, they played much better after the break, but the damage was done.
Arizona corralled CU far too easily in the opening minutes on Thursday. *From: the BDC
Of course, the game wasn't the big story yesterday morning. *CU losing by 12 at McKale was never going to make waves, one way or the other. *I think anyone looking at this objectively knew that CU was going to lose, it was just a matter of degree. *What did make some waves were the post-game comments uttered by star CU forward Xavier Johnson.

Now, Xavier had a good game. *He scored 21 points on 7-12 shooting, leading all scorers on the evening. It's understandable that he'd be individually encouraged by his effort, but he let the moment get the better of him once retired to the media room.

It started off innocently enough.
"They are the No. 1 team and they just beat us, so I can't really talk."*​
Had Johnson ended it there, everyone, from players to fans to media, would've woken up yesterday focused on ASU. *Instead, the press conference continued. *
"[...] but everybody has their lapses, you know? We have better players than them, I think, even down a player - two great players." *​
They're the number one team in the nation, Xavier. *I think you're good, too, but you've now lost three of four. *Combined with what I saw last night, I think reality contradicts your argument. **sigh* Oh, but he continues...*
"We were playing the No. 1 team in the nation, but they're not that good." *​
*rolls eyes* Sure, why not? *It only took the 'Cats a media timeout to wipe the floor with you guys, but sure, 'they're not that good.'*
"We didn't come with the right mindset." *​
At least some humility after a defeat. *Anything else for the class?*
"The good news is we get another crack at these guys, at our place. That'll be a 20-point blowout."​
GAH!​

SOMEONE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CUT HIS MIC! *WHELAN, HOWELL, ONE OF YOU MAKE YOURSELVES USEFUL AND CAUSE A DISTURBANCE! I'LL GET SKI TO RUN IN THERE AN YANK 'X' OFF THE STAGE! QUICK! GET ME ONE OF THOSE 'MEN IN BLACK' THINGIES! *Now, *cough* everyone just look in here...

Huh? *What comments by Xavier? *Nope, nothing to see here... *sticks hands in pockets, whistles*

Wow, sure glad no one said anything monumentally stupid after that Arizona game. *I think we have a good shot at beating them in a month, and I'd hate for anyone to undermine that opportunity by giving the Wildcats a hearty helping of bulletin board material...

Anyways, today's game with Arizona State is huge. *While beating Arizona was too much to ask for, the Sun Devils offer a more reasonable proposition. *It won't be easy, however. *ASU has proven to have Colorado's number since the conference shift, winning three of the four meetings, including a sweep last season. *A win in Tempe would be a well-earned, and much-needed scalp.

Tip-off from the Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Arizona is set for 5pm this afternoon. *Televised coverage can be found on Pac-12 Network, with the radio call on 850 KOA.
Click below for the preview...

Read more »
tB7r4z3KL7Q

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back