What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

Overall did the PAC 12 get stronger or weaker with all the coaching changes?
It probably got tougher switching Petersen for Kiffin.
However, I am glad that we won't have to recruit against Oregeron and Lupoi.

I highly doubt we ever really recruited against those two guys.

I highly doubt we ever really recruited against those two guys.

Wren't they both Recruiting coordinators? If so, the Buffs most certainly did.

Besides, all Tupoi's 4* recruits did such a wonderful job at Cal, Dykes has now promised Cal's return to D1 FB any year now!

Utah's offensive assistant overload lightens a bit w/Brian Johnson leaving for Miss St

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ssistant-brian-johnson-named-miss-st-qb-coach

As I posted on Rivals, Coach Kyle W at Utah changes his offensive coordinators EVERY year.

From memory he had the following offensive coordinators in 6 seasons:

Schramm
Schramm demoted to co-coordinator
Schramm demoted to position coach, replaced by Norm Chow
Brian Johnson
Johnson demoted to co-coordinator with hiring of Dennis Ericksen
Both replaced by Christensen

Utah is a dumpster fire waiting to happen. Mark my words. Players do NOT like playing for Christensen and his success at Missouri is suspect now after Pinkel didn't miss much when he left and Christensen did nothing astounding at Wyoming.

After all that change, Schramm is one of the hottest coordinators in the business as Utah has not improved since he left, and he has had Fresno State's offense humming.

Greg Brown will apparently be the recruiting coordinator at UL, I didn't realize he was highly regarded as a recruiter.

Ryan Walters now the corners coach at Memphis. I could see him making his way back to CU one day.

Mike Kavanaugh appears to be heading from Oregon St. to Oklahoma State. That could bode well for the rest of the conference, he's a great coach and good recruiter.

Recruiting coordinators don't recruit. They setup logistics and they oversee communication and visits. They also often drive the van to the airport to get recruits. They are not allowed to hit the road and visit recruits or scout in any capacity.

Recruiting coordinators don't recruit. They setup logistics and they oversee communication and visits. They also often drive the van to the airport to get recruits. They are not allowed to hit the road and visit recruits or scout in any capacity.

Most of them do since most are assistant coaches first and foremost.

Back