What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Colorado Basketball Roster & Schedule

Yup. The backend of the schedule seems pretty rough right before the tourney. At the LA schools, then the AZ schools come to Boulder, then the 3 straight on the road at Utah, Cal, and Stanford...rough close.

Not a good situation to be finishing with 3 on the road. You want your stock to be rising heading into the conference tournament. Rather be taking a couple losses in early February than early March. Obviously playing at home where we win 90% is more favorable than a 3 game road swing. As always with these 3-roadies, find a way to win 2 (at least) and things still hold up nicely.

here is a quick look at where teams on our schedule finished in RPI last year and where I expect them to finish next year. Take it with a grain of salt since I didn't look at the schedules or the roster, but went of memory on who a team lost last year.

Baylor (71) HIGHER
Georgia (140) LOWER
Tennesse-Martin (312) EVEN
Wyoming (75) EVEN
Jackson State (309) EVEN
Arkansas State (163) EVEN
Santa Barbara (244) EVEN
harvard (93) HIGHER
Air Force (80) EVEN
Colorado state (18) LOWER
Kansas (5) EVEN
Elon (174) EVEN
Oklahoma state (27) HIGHER
oregon state (181) EVEN
Oregon (48) EVEN
Washington (88) EVEN
Wahington state (196) EVEN
UCLA (26) EVEN
USC (118) HIGHER
Arizona (15) HIGHER
Arizona State (90) LOWER
Utah (161) HIGHER
Stanford (77) HIGHER
Cal (54) EVEN

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thot the early season tourney (tn-martin, wyo, jx state) wouldn't count for rpi. If so, our worst rpi opponent would be in the mid-200's, based on your info. Pretty stellar, imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thot the early season tourney (tn-martin, wyo, jx state) wouldn't count for rpi. If so, our worst rpi opponent would be in the mid-200's, based on your info. Pretty stellar, imo.

I believe you are thinking of non division 1 schools like Ft Lewis. Only the wins and losses count.

Andy Glockner is tweeting up Harvard right now.

See Abs correctly formatted tweets

Last edited:
test:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Just taking a real look at Harvard's roster for this season. In terms of quality, this is a better team than Cornell's 2010 Sweet 16 team.</p>&mdash; Andy Glockner (@AndyGlockner) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyGlockner/statuses/362954016524746752">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Two very legit PGs, a slew of quality shooters for the wings, and a high-major caliber frontcourt. They go 10 deep w/ really capable guys.</p>&mdash; Andy Glockner (@AndyGlockner) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyGlockner/statuses/362954276684840960">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>An Ivy team with a frontcourt of Kenyatta Smith, Kyle Casey, Steve Moundou-Missi and Zena Edosamwan is just unfair. Very legit size/skill.</p>&mdash; Andy Glockner (@AndyGlockner) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyGlockner/statuses/362955041235140608">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Then Siyani Chambers AND Brandyn Curry as PG options, plus Laurent Rivard, Wes Saunders, Jonah Travis, etc? Man.</p>&mdash; Andy Glockner (@AndyGlockner) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyGlockner/statuses/362955402075316224">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Basically, last year's Crimson plus a top-100 recruit and two all-Ivy caliber returnees and more, minus one wing. And more experience.</p>&mdash; Andy Glockner (@AndyGlockner) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyGlockner/statuses/362955882746753024">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wish Harvard had a better schedule. Excited that they're coming out to Boulder, though. That should be an excellent game.</p>&mdash; Andy Glockner (@AndyGlockner) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyGlockner/statuses/362956497568804864">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

If this were the football team, I would be bummed out. But the bball teams needs competition to improve. I'm glad we are playing them. Rep to you for those twitters though (EDIT: Out of rep). Interesting information. Thank you.

Harvard is getting quite a bit of attention. I've seen them in several top 25 lists and a lot of people have them as a sleeper. We can't overlook those nerds.

I'm really excited. This years schedule is Boyle's hardest to date. This team will be tested early. We are going to find out how good we truly are before we reach the Pac-12 games.

Just ran the numbers for CU against Harvard. At the end of last season if this game took place with the 2012-2013 roster in Boulder here would have been the projections. #'s are based off of KenPom pythagorean ratings which Vegas very closely mirrors for opening lines.

Home For Colorado
CU Win Probability:82%
Expected Tempo:63
CU Expected Pts68
Harvard Expected Pts59

I'm really excited. This years schedule is Boyle's hardest to date. This team will be tested early. We are going to find out how good we truly are before we reach the Pac-12 games.

okay super bored at work. I ran some number to find the average RPI of our off season schedule. I basically took the final RPI numbers and applied them to our future schedule so I look at final 2011-2012 (May 2012) and applied them to our 2012-2013 schedule. Since we know teams like Baylor and Murray State were expected to be much stronger. I am not going to bother with 2011-2012 since we know that schedule was super weak. Here are the numbers:

rpi.JPG

No surprises, but the OOC schedule has been officially released.

Fri, Nov 08 vs. Baylor at Dallas, Texas TBA
Sun, Nov 10 TENNESSEE-MARTIN BOULDER TBA
Wed, Nov 13 WYOMING BOULDER TBA
Sat, Nov 16 JACKSON STATE BOULDER TBA
Mon, Nov 18 ARKANSAS STATE BOULDER TBA
Thu, Nov 21 SANTA BARBARA BOULDER TBA
Sun, Nov 24 HARVARD BOULDER TBA
Sat, Nov 30 at Air Force at Colorado Springs, Colo. TBA
Tue, Dec 03 at Colorado State at Fort Collins, Colo. TBA
Sat, Dec 07 KANSAS BOULDER TBA
Fri, Dec 13 ELON BOULDER TBA
TLCRed.gif
MGM Grand Garden Arena
TLCLed.gif
Sat, Dec 21 vs. Oklahoma State at Las Vegas, Nev. 9:30 p.m. ESPN2
BLCRed.gif
BLCLed.gif
Sat, Dec 28 GEORGIA BOULDER TBA

UCLA is brutally early at 6pm on a Thursday.

Arizona State is at 9pm in the middle of February. I'm cool with that but the older crowd...

I don't think they'll announce GameDay until later on.

I'm sure we will lose and win some games that I wouldn't expect, but 12 conference wins with this schedule seems realistic. Need to give ASU some payback and finally get at least one win over UCLA.

I don't think they'll announce GameDay until later on.

I'm sure we will lose and win some games that I wouldn't expect, but 12 conference wins with this schedule seems realistic. Need to give ASU some payback and finally get at least one win over UCLA.

Unless there's some deadline of announcing before the season that I'm not aware of, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't let the season go a bit before announcing. Frankly that should work to our advantage.

Damn we have a lot of ESPNU games, might have to change my cable package....

EDIT: Well after looking at last years schedule we actually have less

Last edited:
Schedule uploaded. That four game stretch of Harvard, Air Force, CSU, and Kansas is going to be brutal.

Is there no TV for this game? Still none showing even with the time set. That would be disappointing to say the least.

No ****. The CU AD site still doesn't have a TV listing for the game ... that would suck.

Back