What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Washington finally woke up in the last few minutes of the half against Seattle, going into the break with a 42-33 lead after trailing most of the half.

Washington played a solid 2nd half to take care of business against Seattle, 88-78.

Games for Monday, 11/11:

Arkansas State at Jackson State. (We don't really care who wins.)
CSU at Gonzaga.
Arizona hosts Long Beach State.
Stanford hosts BYU.

Washington played a solid 2nd half to take care of business against Seattle, 88-78.

Washington gets solid guard play but hitting the boards is going to be an issue for them, again. We'll get a better sense of what they're about in a week or so when they face Indiana in New York.

Did some poking around (no pun intended) on the Wyo board. Definitely fairly confident about their game at CU. I can't really blame them, they've had our number lately with those 6 straight wins against the Buffs. The past two years were just downright embarrassing. It's time to set things straight. I don't expect Wyo to be a pushover, it's going to take a solid game from us to get the victory. We're a Pac-12 team that's been getting a lot of coverage, Wyo is going to be ready and they're going to be confident. Their fans are generally predicting 20-22 wins this season, with a few crazies going way overboard.

If rams can figure out a way to win that game, it would be huge for us.

Basketball is so weird for me. I can't hate them and hope they lose every game like I can in football. We need them to do well, and have one ****ty night in december.

Did some poking around (no pun intended) on the Wyo board. Definitely fairly confident about their game at CU. I can't really blame them, they've had our number lately with those 6 straight wins against the Buffs. The past two years were just downright embarrassing. It's time to set things straight. I don't expect Wyo to be a pushover, it's going to take a solid game from us to get the victory. We're a Pac-12 team that's been getting a lot of coverage, Wyo is going to be ready and they're going to be confident. Their fans are generally predicting 20-22 wins this season, with a few crazies going way overboard.

I looked at tads coaching stats. From UNC & CU, he's never beat Wyoming. I believe his record lifetime is 0-6 against them. I dont think this time will be the same though. Last year, we really got ate alive by leonard washington, and he's gone this year. They'll have a decent threat outside in larry nance JR, but other than him, it's a couple of guys who were not starting or playing much last year. And of course, martinez is in jail (or europe), but I think he was a senior anyway.
They lost a very high (>70%) of their points and minutes from last year, so I think that this should be a tough (but winnable, esp at the keg) game.

And they train at altitude.

That freshman kid from Colorado hit big 3 after big 3 for Wyoming against us last year. I definitely remember that and Washington eating us up inside

Arkansas State in a close one vs Jackson State, 65-61.

CSU got stomped by Gonzaga, 93-61. Wasn't that close. Zags were up 21 at half, opened the 2nd with a 16-0 and coasted from there.

Arizona is destroying Long Beach State so far, 50-25 on PACN.

Stanford and BYU in a battle on ESPN2, 13-15. Should be a good one.

Not many teams survive a trip to Gonzaga, but man CSU looked bad. Not even mediocre. Just bad. They're struggling early, no surprise, but I'm near certain they'll find a way to not make it easy for the Buffs. It'd be one thing if the game was at the Keg, but traveling to Moby is always a completely different animal.

Stanford looks like the team that's a dark horse to compete for the p12... not.

:lol: yeah, I don't have any sympathy for anyone dumb enough to fall for the Dawkins hoax at this point in his tenure. And there certainly are some in the media.

Plenty of time left, but this is reminiscent of the Stanford we've come to know over the past few years.

I'm not that stupid, I think. I meant don't **** this up for the p12. Stanford looks like they are a lot smaller this year. Did a few of their lumber jacks graduate?

I'm not that stupid, I think. I meant don't **** this up for the p12. Stanford looks like they are a lot smaller this year. Did a few of their lumber jacks graduate?

Yeah. They lost that dude with the beard who had a nice 3pt shot.

Stanford looks decidedly less athletic than byu. Guards are doing what they want. Weird.

:lol: yeah, I don't have any sympathy for anyone dumb enough to fall for the Dawkins hoax at this point in his tenure. And there certainly are some in the media.

Plenty of time left, but this is reminiscent of the Stanford we've come to know over the past few years.

when you're mediocre for 3 years and return nearly everyone I'm not sure how you're anything other than mediocre.

Im worried about conference RPI going forward.

This should at least put to bed the Stanford in the tournament nonsense.

How can we get Tad to run a zone against Stanford so they throw up this many shi**y 3's against us?

I was just thinking about something along those lines. For all of Stanford's flaws and boneheaded losses, they still manage to show up on occasion and beat top Pac teams. But god, that transition D (or lack thereof). Stanford has a tricky trip to Denver coming up, not to mention @ UConn and vs Michigan.

BYU still goes to Oregon and Utah.

I was just thinking about something along those lines. For all of Stanford's flaws and boneheaded losses, they still manage to show up on occasion and beat top Pac teams. But god, that transition D (or lack thereof). Stanford has a tricky trip to Denver coming up, not to mention @ UConn and vs Michigan.

BYU still goes to Oregon and Utah.

I can't wait to watch UCLA/Stanford - maybe the two worst transition D teams in all of college hoops.

I'm going to try to hit up the DU/Stanford game next sunday

Back