What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

I can't wait to watch UCLA/Stanford - maybe the two worst transition D teams in all of college hoops.

I'm going to try to hit up the DU/Stanford game next sunday

Let's just hope you don't see that one on Gameday :thumbsup:

Knew it would be typical Stanford to lose tonight, but to give up 110 on their home court. Yikes.

Tuesday, 11/12, games we care about:

Baylor is down to South Carolina 38-39 at the half. We need them to turn it on and win this.

Harvard is hosting MIT in a non-counting game. (MIT isn't D1.)

Oklahoma State hosts Utah Valley.

UCLA hosts Oakland.

Arizona State hosts Miami (OH).

Kansas plays Duke in Chicago.

UCSB is at UNLV.

Cal hosts Denver.

USC hosts CS Northridge.

I don't doubt that Frank Martin will at the very least make South Carolina competitive, but it's still very early in his tenure and the Gamecocks are a mess (lots of turnover from the regime change). This is a Gamecock squad picked 12th in the SEC that Baylor has been struggling with.

I don't doubt that Frank Martin will at the very least make South Carolina competitive, but it's still very early in his tenure and the Gamecocks are a mess (lots of turnover from the regime change). This is a Gamecock squad picked 12th in the SEC that Baylor has been struggling with.
Classic post big victory let down. Baylor got up big for us. :huh:

They're probably a bit better than 12th. Martin does a good job of getting guys to play with a lot of toughness. He'll get that program in the top third of the SEC quickly. He also knows how to get talent through creative recruiting.

****ing bailer about gave me a heart attack!

Pulled out the 66-64 win, though. That's all that matters to us.

baylor sure looks ****ty. Hope they don't make us regret that loss more than we already do.

I watched the last 5 minutes of the Baylor game, and I thought both teams looked awful.

Baylor attempted 43 ft's and 49 shots. I guess the rule changes means we'll be watching ft shooting contests?

I watched the last 5 minutes of the Baylor game, and I thought both teams looked awful.

Baylor attempted 43 ft's and 49 shots. I guess the rule changes means we'll be watching ft shooting contests?

until teams properly adjust (and they will, eventually) we'll be seeing lots of ft's

Okie Lite, ASU and UCLA with wins tonight.

And anyone who doesn't realize how tough CU's schedule is this year... just look at UC Santa Barbara. They're up 45-29 at the half at UNLV.

Final. UCSB wins 86-65 at UNLV.

Their next game is at home against Utah State. They win that and I'll start getting really worried.

Final. UCSB wins 86-65 at UNLV.

Their next game is at home against Utah State. They win that and I'll start getting really worried.

Dave Rice is in trouble. This is a tough UCSB team, maybe the best in the Big West, but to go into UNLV and blow out the Rebels...wow. Take notice.

Dave Rice is in trouble. This is a tough UCSB team, maybe the best in the Big West, but to go into UNLV and blow out the Rebels...wow. Take notice.

Alan Williams is for real - 21&9. Will be in the Big West PoY conversation all year.

We've got our hands full for with KU, that's for sure. Let's just not do anything stupid like get caught looking ahead and lose to CSU. That's the exact type of thing CU teams of the past have done.

The Kansas Duke and Michigan St Duke games were some very good bball. Kansas is a bad ass team that will take us to the wood shed if we do not improve dramatically in the next 3 weeks. Lots of games and time for the team to gel but wow, that Kansas team can ball.

Cal and USC close an undefeated day for CU's opponents.

This was a great RPI day for us.

Freaking out about our RPI being 82nd :lol:. And man, USC-Upstate with the #5 RPI? :thumbsup: Baylor #1

Haha. Yeah, I probably won't bother looking at the RPI calculations until the end of Nov. They're ridiculous right now.

The Kansas Duke and Michigan St Duke games were some very good bball. Kansas is a bad ass team that will take us to the wood shed if we do not improve dramatically in the next 3 weeks. Lots of games and time for the team to gel but wow, that Kansas team can ball.

I think if we can get Wiggins in foul trouble early we have a shot. Seemed like KU's defensive weakness was the 3, so we need to improve drastically in that area. They also seemed turnover prone as well as getting caught napping a bit in transition. Tad needs to have them come out and run run run.

Wednesday, 11/13, games we care about:

Buffs are hosting Wyoming tonight

Arkansas State hosts UT Martin
Oregon State hosts Portland
Oregon hosts W Carolina

Arkansas State, Oregon State and Oregon all took care of business.

Solid RPI day for the Buffs.

Thursday, 11/14 games we care about:

Jackson State at Air Force. (Because of the opponent's opponents record part of RPI, we want AFA to win. They'll play CSU & Wyoming.)
Arizona is at SDSU. (Big game for Zona & Pac-12 RPI.)
Washington hosts UC Irvine.
Stanford hosts Northwestern. (Dangerous game against a difficult out.)

Thursday, 11/14 games we care about:

Jackson State at Air Force. (Because of the opponent's opponents record part of RPI, we want AFA to win. They'll play CSU & Wyoming.)
Arizona is at SDSU. (Big game for Zona & Pac-12 RPI.)
Washington hosts UC Irvine.
Stanford hosts Northwestern. (Dangerous game against a difficult out.)

Washington needs to be careful against UC Irvine as well. UC Irvine is likely the team UC Santa Barbara will have to beat out in order to win the Big West.

Definitely going to be interesting to see how Arizona does at SDSU. This isn't the best SDSU team of recent years, but still pretty dangerous, especially at home

Dawkins and Chrissy Collins renew their romance. Stanford simply has to win that one. I think they probably matchup better and should pull out a W, but it's Stanford so who the hell knows. They can lose to anyone.

Last edited:
Jackson State up 33-24 at Air Force, halftime.

As stated earlier, we play both these teams but it's more in our interest for Air Force to win.

Back