What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Jackson State holds on to win 84-82 at Air Force. Nice win for them, horrible loss for Air Force. Going to be a tough turnaround for Jackson State to play again Saturday morning. We definitely do not want a loss to Air Force, that would hurt our RPI quite a bit..they're in for a long year.

Jackson State holds on to win 84-82 at Air Force. Nice win for them, horrible loss for Air Force. Going to be a tough turnaround for Jackson State to play again Saturday morning. We definitely do not want a loss to Air Force, that would hurt our RPI quite a bit..they're in for a long year.

I hope they aren't tired and decide to play zone to conserve energy.....

Arizona is going to get the W at San Diego State. Nice decent OOC win. Certainly need the top Pac team to take care of business in a game like that.

Stanford has a small lead on Northwestern early in the second half

Washington down 2 to UC Irvine at the break.

Washington in trouble, down 49-38 to UC Irvine.

Stanford up 41-32 on Northwestern.

Stanford with a solid win tonight. Northwestern looks like they'll get steamrolled in the B1G.

Washington is going to need some time to figure things out with Jarreau going down for the season. I don't know if they can really recover from that. Nice guards, but their frontcourt just won't be able to hold up.

I tried to warn Washington, they just didn't listen

Washington needs to be careful against UC Irvine as well. UC Irvine is likely the team UC Santa Barbara will have to beat out in order to win the Big West.

Last edited:
Friday's games:

Elon
at Charlotte: Opportunity for Elon to get a nice road win.

Georgia vs Georgia Tech: On paper this should be pretty competitive. This is the type of game the Dawgs need to win at home if Fox is going to remain in Athens.

Harvard vs Howard: Harvard should win rather comfortably

#8 Oklahoma State vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Arizona State
vs Idaho State: Last early cupcake for the Devils, competition steps up in a big way after this.

Utah vs UC-Davis: Utah faces their first D1 opponent of the season.

USC
vs Northern Arizona

Cal
​ vs Oakland

UT-Martin vs Rochester: Already faced UT-Martin, Rochester is a non-D1 opponent so it doesn't affect RPI.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;Y4-CThQskBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-CThQskBM[/video]

I have to wonder why he ended up with UC Irvine. I figured a high major team would take a chance on a 7'6 (7'5, but whos counting) player who doesnt seem completly unathletic. Decent size on him too, its not like he is a toothpick.

Elon lost 83-69 at Charlotte. An Elon win would have been a nice RPI boost, but Elon definitely seems more manageable now.

A lot of opponents in action now, many games still early. However, Georgia is trailing Georgia Tech by 11 in Athens heading down the final stretch. Harvard is taking care of business with a 24 point lead on Howard.

Harvard beats Howard 76-44. Georgia loses on their home court to Georgia Tech, 80-71. Looks like a rough season ahead for the Dawgs.

I have to wonder why he ended up with UC Irvine. I figured a high major team would take a chance on a 7'6 (7'5, but whos counting) player who doesnt seem completly unathletic. Decent size on him too, its not like he is a toothpick.
I remember getting easy dunks like that. Of course, I was playing on a 8' rim at the local elementary school.

Arizona State had no problem with Idaho State, 88-60.

Cal and USC are both making me very nervous right now.

Cal's down 30-24 to Oakland at the half.

USC's down 40-30 to N Arizona at 1:25 before the half.

No excuse for those scorelines. Those aren't Wyomings they're facing, Oakland and Northern Arizona are about two levels lower. Totally unacceptable.

And an Oakland team that is only dressing 6 scholarship players for this game, I think. UCLA looks very good early, but still

Yes, there 2 best players were suspended due to this. Which I immediately took CAL -19.5 on news, I clearly know nothing....

Not a pretty couple of games to cap the night by any stretch, but it's November and it's more about avoiding bad losses than anything.

These went exactly the way we'd like to see them. Got the wins and saw some things the Buffs can exploit.

Saturday, 11/16, games we care about:

Buffs coast to a 24-point win over Jackson State, which didn't look like a bad team. Should do well in SWAC play this year.

Wyoming is up 56-32 at halftime against Arkansas State, which comes to Boulder on Monday night.

CSU hosts a dangerous Weber State today.

Washington State hosts Lamar tonight. (I'll celebrate any D1 win Wazzu manages this year.)

Streaming this USCB/Utah St game - UCSB's potential Big West POY is questionable tonight (back spasm) and isn't starting.

UCSB - is running a 2-3 zone right out of the gate.

Streaming this USCB/Utah St game - UCSB's potential Big West POY is questionable tonight (back spasm) and isn't starting.

UCSB - is running a 2-3 zone right out of the gate.

Totally missed that they had Utah State tonight. They win this, they're going to have a very inflated RPI.

Back