What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Washington State Basketball Preview #1

RSSBot

News Junkie
I've always thought the phrase 'must win' has been grossly misappropriated in sporting culture. *Unless a team is facing elimination, no game is a 'must win.' *In fact, what we mean is 'better win,' as in '[random team] better win, or the consequences will be dire.'

Such is the case tonight as Colorado travels to Spokane, WA to take on the lowly Washington State Cougars. *A loss by Colorado does nothing tangibly harmful to the season. *The most important games of the season will still be played in March, and CU will still be one of the top-25 teams in the country. *There is no 'must' involved.

They had better win, however, as the consequences are awkward. *A top-15 team cannot drop games to a team as sorry as Washington State, regardless of circumstance. *It would take a number of strong road performances to overcome the narrative damage done by a stumble against the Cougs. *Which is exactly why this game is so important. *CU has a nice, winnable game to ease themselves into conference road-work with. *If they can't make this three-foot putt, how are they supposed to battle the tougher greens in Tucson, Los Angeles and San Francisco?

Best to just take care of business, no questions asked, and move on. *Leave 'Coug'd it!' to the professionals.

So, just why is the game being played in Spokane? *I have no idea. *What I do know is that Spokane and the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena is one of the eight regional sites for the 2014 NCAA Tournament. Funny enough, this may not be the only game Tad Boyle and crew get to play in the Lilac City this season... Tip-off is set for 7pm tonight. *Coverage can be found on Pac-12 Network, with the radio call on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
jVFfcQfc5QE

I've always thought the phrase 'must win' has been grossly misappropriated in sporting culture. *Unless a team is facing elimination, no game is a 'must win.' *In fact, what we mean is 'better win,' as in '[random team] better win, or the consequences will be dire.'

Such is the case tonight as Colorado travels to Spokane, WA to take on the lowly Washington State Cougars. *A loss by Colorado does nothing tangibly harmful to the season. *The most important games of the season will still be played in March, and CU will still be one of the top-25 teams in the country. *There is no 'must' involved.

They had better win, however, as the consequences are awkward. *A top-15 team cannot drop games to a team as sorry as Washington State, regardless of circumstance. *It would take a number of strong road performances to overcome the narrative damage done by a stumble against the Cougs. *Which is exactly why this game is so important. *CU has a nice, winnable game to ease themselves into conference road-work with. *If they can't make this three-foot putt, how are they supposed to battle the tougher greens in Tucson, Los Angeles and San Francisco?

Best to just take care of business, no questions asked, and move on. *Leave 'Coug'd it!' to the professionals.

So, just why is the game being played in Spokane? *I have no idea. *What I do know is that Spokane and the Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena is one of the eight regional sites for the 2014 NCAA Tournament. Funny enough, this may not be the only game Tad Boyle and crew get to play in the Lilac City this season... Tip-off is set for 7pm tonight. *Coverage can be found on Pac-12 Network, with the radio call on 850 KOA.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
jVFfcQfc5QE

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back