What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-2014 Non-Conference Schedule Predictions

A team that has struggled on the road consistently and has a huge game right before and right after those two teams? While overlooking those teams that are viewing the upcoming game as their "Super Bowl"? It's not inconcievable that we lose them both. I don't think it happens, but it's not out of the question.

Put me down as 9-4 with anywhere from 8-5 to 11-2 being possible.

Thank you. There is no bigger game on CSU's schedule than their home game against the Buffs. The same can likely be said for Air Force. Predicting the Buffs to beat Kansas is pure stupidity.

You guys would do really we'll to recall we are good for at least 3 losses a season where we give the game away. That other teams also have talent (some WAY more than us) and that we are something like .350 in true road games under Boyle.

9-4 is fair.

10-3 would be good/great

8-5 isnt out of the question.

You guys would do really we'll to recall we are good for at least 3 losses a season where we give the game away. That other teams also have talent (some WAY more than us) and that we are something like .350 in true road games under Boyle.

9-4 is fair.

10-3 would be good/great

This seems right. It seems the basketball Kool-Aid has kicked in early this year.

A team that has struggled on the road consistently and has a huge game right before and right after those two teams? While overlooking those teams that are viewing the upcoming game as their "Super Bowl"? It's not inconcievable that we lose them both. I don't think it happens, but it's not out of the question.

Put me down as 9-4 with anywhere from 8-5 to 11-2 being possible.
I doubt Tad will allow them to overlook anyone. I do not see how either CSU or AF can play defense against the length on the court we are going to have plus a year older Scott and XJ and a first round pick in Spencer along with Gordon (who you said is the best defender on the team) and Jenkins who can shoot the rock. Nothing about there rosters tells me they have much of a shot. Top 20 teams win the games they are supposed to win, well those are two games where we have no business losing.

Plus, who the hell is going to score for both AF and CSU?

9-4 is fair.

10-3 would be good/great

And other than KU and Arizona who has WAY more talent than we do?

I doubt Tad will allow them to overlook anyone. I do not see how either CSU or AF can play defense against the length on the court we are going to have plus a year older Scott and XJ and a first round pick in Spencer along with Gordon (who you said is the best defender on the team) and Jenkins who can shoot the rock. Nothing about there rosters tells me they have much of a shot. Top 20 teams win the games they are supposed to win, well those are two games where we have no business losing.

Plus, who the hell is going to score for both AF and CSU?

Tad's a great coach, but history's against you on that one. The Buffs are good for a few duds each year until they show otherwise.

delusion is abound

At the end of last year if CU played Baylor on a neutral court, Okie St. on a neutral court and Kansas at home, CU's probability of winning all 3 games would have been 5.3%.
8 - 5. Lot of inexperience for crucial pieces of this team.

Tad's a great coach, but history's against you on that one. The Buffs are good for a few duds each year until they show otherwise.
This is also the most talented team in CU history, quite a few of those games would have been won had we had a bench (OSU, Zona last year, Baylor two years ago, etc.)

The best and most talented CU team in it's history is not going to lose to a bad, rebuilding team in CSU and AF.

With some of these predictions what the hell are we doing in the top 25? 8-5? Some of you would be picking Alabama to drop two games in football at this pace.

I'm wondering which version of #tadball we will get... First year's version, last year's, or somewhere in between? Or something completely new?

'Tini, here's the disconnect. If we had a season of 10 games, and we were favored to win each game by 80%, you'd say that we'd win 10 games. Others are looking at that schedule and saying we'll win 8 games.

What a horribly pessimistic view for a top-20 team. We will not lose to Harvard in the CEC and we will beat 1-2 teams out of OSU, Baylor and Kansas. Our starting 5 can match any team in the country.

Harvard? Just like we didnt lose to OSUw after smoking Oregon last year, or we didnt get out-coached and beat by a lifeless UCLA team in the CEC? Our starting 5 can go against any in the country? Yeah except KU's who goes 10 deep more highly ranked than us, or OSUc who was better than us last year before we traded an NBA first rounder for an unproven RS frosh?

Let's not forget we have a 1st rounder at PG and future pros in Xavier Johnson and Josh Scott. (who brutalized Isaiah Austin last year btw) Not to mention 3 freshman coming in who were all in the top 150. There's a reason CU is going to be ranked...

um - OSUc, Baylor, and KU have 1st round locks, and potentially the #1 picks on thier team we have guys projected to maybe be 1st round this year and next.

10-3 at worst.
10-3 is like predicting us to win 4 football games, everything has to go right.

Harvard? Just like we didnt lose to OSUw after smoking Oregon last year, or we didnt get out-coached and beat by a lifeless UCLA team in the CEC? Our starting 5 can go against any in the country? Yeah except KU's who goes 10 deep more highly ranked than us, or OSUc who was better than us last year before we traded an NBA first rounder for an unproven RS frosh?

um - OSUc, Baylor, and KU have 1st round locks, and potentially the #1 picks on thier team we have guys projected to maybe be 1st round this year and next.

10-3 is like predicting us to win 4 football games, everything has to go right.
Lol no it's not, it's not even remoltely similar. Not everything has to go right to beat Baylor (not sure why they all of a sudden are some super scary team and we're ****), Tennessee-Martin, Wyoming, Jackson State, Arkansas State, Santa Barbara, Harvard (home team wins out due to home court advantage), Air Force, Colorado State, Elon, and Georgia. We will be favored in every one of those games, we will not be favored in two games in football, let alone four.

OSU, Baylor, and KU have 1st round locks? So do we, Spencer Dinwiddie. We also have multiple other NBA players on the roster, who also could go 1st round in the coming years. Didn't know starting 5 = can go 10 deep...hmm I guess we have a starting nine then by that definition.

Last edited:
And other than KU and Arizona who has WAY more talent than we do?

OSU, Baylor, UCLA.

Check the ranks, and make sure to differential between consensus top-100, and saying everyone is top 100 or 150 because 1 service thinks so.

Lol no it's not, it's not even remoltely similar. Not everything has to go right to beat Baylor (not sure why they all of a sudden are some super scary team and we're ****), Tennessee-Martin, Wyoming, Jackson State, Arkansas State, Santa Barbara, Harvard (home team wins out due to home court advantage), Air Force, Colorado State, Elon, and Georgia. We will be favored in every one of those games, we will not be favored in two games in football, let alone four.

go back and look at our road record.

This is also the most talented team in CU history, quite a few of those games would have been won had we had a bench (OSU, Zona last year, Baylor two years ago, etc.)

The best and most talented CU team in it's history is not going to lose to a bad, rebuilding team in CSU and AF.

With some of these predictions what the hell are we doing in the top 25? 8-5? Some of you would be picking Alabama to drop two games in football at this pace.

This. If we truly are going 8-5 and 9-4 then all of the analysts who study college basketball for a living that have us in the top-25 are wrong.

OSU, Baylor, UCLA.

Check the ranks, and make sure to differential between consensus top-100, and saying everyone is top 100 or 150 because 1 service thinks so.
You made the claim, you present the evidence.

go back and look at our road record.
5-7 last year, your point? Do you not expect development from the players? We are going nine deep now with a lot of length and talent, instead of six deep with a bunch of point guards and a center who couldn't catch the ball. Two of those losses were against Kansas (lost to #4 seed UM by 2 in the Elite 8) and Cal who lost in the Sweet 16 to #4 seed Syracuse. We also went on the road and beat Oregon who advanced to the elite 8 before being bounced by the eventual national champion. Wyoming before Martinez was suspended was a much different team than when we played them so that's a deceiving loss.

Baylor is a glorified road game for us......I'm sure we'll travel well, but I'd guess that building will be at least 60-40 green/gold vs black and gold....if not more.

It's a "showcase" with 6 other teams. Baylor doesn't travel, and they struggle to get 7k to their home games. Add in that it's early November with a bunch of football mad schools and it'll have the feel of a sterile environment with lots of empty seats in American Airlines Arena.

'Tini, here's the disconnect. If we had a season of 10 games, and we were favored to win each game by 80%, you'd say that we'd win 10 games. Others are looking at that schedule and saying we'll win 8 games.

So applying this to the OOC schedule. We play 14 games, if we are favored in 80% of them (means dogs against Bailor, Kansas, and Oklahoma State), 80% of that is 11.2 wins.

OSU, Baylor, and KU have 1st round locks? So do we, Spencer Dinwiddie. We also have multiple other NBA players on the roster, who also could go 1st round in the coming years. Didn't know starting 5 = can go 10 deep...hmm I guess we have a starting nine then by that definition.

Baylor lost their PG Pierre Jackson and will be starting from scratch at that position. Every preseason service I've read has us ranked higher than them. Our junior guards vs. their freshman, I wonder who has the advantage there... Oh I know, can't be a CU fan without doom and gloom.

So applying this to the OOC schedule. We play 14 games, if we are favored in 80% of them (means dogs against Bailor, Kansas, and Oklahoma State), 80% of that is 11.2 wins.

You're not applying what J.R. said to the OOC, you're doing something completely different.

In what way?

And, I do realize he's calling me a sunshine pumper there.

J.R. is talking about a team being strongly favored to win every game out of 10, i.e. an 80 percent chance to win each individual game of the ten. You are talking about a team being favored to win 80 percent of the games and be an underdog in the other 20 percent of the games. Not the same thing.

J.R. is talking about a team being strongly favored to win every game out of 10, i.e. an 80 percent chance to win each individual game of the ten. You are talking about a team being favored to win 80 percent of the games and be an underdog in the other 20 percent of the games. Not the same thing.
Gotcha.

Well, I think we will be heavy favorites in all home games sans Harvard and Kansas, will be favored against Harvard, CSU, and AF with the latter two being bigger favorites. The Alabama example was just that this fanbase seems to sandbag on predictions because of what has happened on the football field. 8-5 or 9-4 for a top 20 team?
BITCH-PLEASE_o_103613.jpg

I'm honestly glad we don't. I think it would be overkill if say, Georgia was on the road. It's just a brutal OOC this year as I see it, but it's what you've got to do. You're better off with a brutal schedule and 2-3 less wins than you are with the padded record with no quality. Baylor in Dallas and Okie Lite in Vegas, though not true road games, will serve to get us prepared. CSU will be rocking as always, and AFA's environment is no different than many of the lifeless Pac-12 arenas out there (and there are plenty of those). I'm quite thankful we aren't taking a cross-country to Athens or heading up to Laramie.

I agree that our ooc and the marquee neutral games will help if the selection committee is considering the Buffs for an at-large. And frankly, I like the tougher schedule. It's created fan excitement and it's only August.

But sorry, my friend, I have to disagree a little.

There are some quiet venues in our conference - hell, until a couple of years ago, the CEC was one of the best places on earth to take a nap. But do you think this ooc is gonna prep the younger players for a game at udub? Or in Corvallis? For that matter, Pauley can get to rockin' at times, as can the folks in SLC. And you can bet the fans of the cacti-cats are eying the date CU rolls into Tucson.

Just not sold that our ooc is gonna have 'em ready for those places.

I agree that our ooc and the marquee neutral games will help if the selection committee is considering the Buffs for an at-large. And frankly, I like the tougher schedule. It's created fan excitement and it's only August.

But sorry, my friend, I have to disagree a little.

There are some quiet venues in our conference - hell, until a couple of years ago, the CEC was one of the best places on earth to take a nap. But do you think this ooc is gonna prep the younger players for a game at udub? Or in Corvallis? For that matter, Pauley can get to rockin' at times, as can the folks in SLC. And you can bet the fans of the cacti-cats are eying the date CU rolls into Tucson.

Just not sold that our ooc is gonna have 'em ready for those places.

I personally see the *environment* at CSU as near the same level as a roadie at a place like Arizona. We're circled and they're going to be waiting. It's going to be loud and raucous. And AFA I do see on par as a place like USC, Corvallis, Stanford and the other quiet gyms of the league. I'm not implying CSU/AFA are the quality of our conference foes, but the atmospheres won't be dissimilar. We'll get that quality competition to prepare us for the conference with the Big XII opponents + Georgia and Harvard. And you have to love how prepped we should be for neutral court games come March..

Last edited:
You made the claim, you present the evidence.

5-7 last year, your point? Do you not expect development from the players? We are going nine deep now with a lot of length and talent, instead of six deep with a bunch of point guards and a center who couldn't catch the ball. Two of those losses were against Kansas (lost to #4 seed UM by 2 in the Elite 8) and Cal who lost in the Sweet 16 to #4 seed Syracuse. We also went on the road and beat Oregon who advanced to the elite 8 before being bounced by the eventual national champion. Wyoming before Martinez was suspended was a much different team than when we played them so that's a deceiving loss.

Ok there are all sorts of issues with your koolaide drinking post:

1.) Oregon made the sweet 16 not the elite 8

2.) Cal made the round of 32 not the sweet 16

3.) Also incidentally Harvard made said same round of 32.

4.) we beat Oregon in their house without their best player and floor general Artis. they pretty much sucked with out him (5-4 with 2 of those wins being vs Wazzu/utah)

Boyle on the road: 3-7 in 2011, before that and 2-10 his first year. We are roughly 10-24 under Boyle on the road. Numbers would lead us to believe we will lose either at CSU or @ AFA just like in 2011 when we lost to an inferior CSU team in thier gym and got LUCKY to leave AFA with a win. Look 8-5 would be a disappointment, but its every bit as likely as 10-3 or 11-2. We simply aren't very good on the road, and people around here think our talent is light years better than anyone's and is on some magical Frosh no learning curve or Soph multiplier that no one else has.

Our starting 5 can not go against anyone's in the country, its good, its great for Colorado but we have a pair of top-100 recruits, a couple of fringe 150's and Booker. Some of our guys have developed more than others and improved where they should have been slotted but some of you guys are delusional.

I personally see the *environment* at CSU as near the same level as a roadie at a place like Arizona. We're circled and they're going to be waiting. It's going to be loud and raucous. And AFA I do see on par as a place like USC, Corvallis, Stanford and the other quiet gyms of the league. I'm not implying CSU/AFA are the quality of our conference foes, but the atmospheres won't be dissimilar. We'll get that quality competition to prepare us for the conference with the Big XII opponents + Georgia and Harvard. And you have to love how prepped we should be for neutral court games come March..

do people not remember 2 years ago?

Back