What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-2014 Non-Conference Schedule Predictions

Here you go 41, Tini same offer to you: if we go 10-3 or better in the OOC and win 25 before the conf tourney I'll make 1k donation in your name to Boyle's program, HOWEVER if we go 9-4 win 22 or less and dont make the sweet-16 you do the same for me.

Sweet16 is your trump, even if we go 9-4 and only win 22 but make the sweet-16 the bet isnt payable.
Since I can't afford $1K, if I lose I'll buy a pitcher or two at the Dark Horse this fall before a game and vise-versa

Tell you what if i lose 'll buy you a buffclub membership if you dont have one. You lose I'll take the beer.

The last thing I want is you spending an unreasonable amount of money on a buff club membership for me. The beer will suffice just fine.

Seconded on 'Tini's pitcher idea.

Last edited:
The last thing I want is you spending an unreasonable amount of money on a buff club membership for me. The beer will suffice just fine.

Seconded on 'Tini's pitcher idea.

Hopefully you are already a member then, just like an unyielding pessimist.

Reading this thread = headache.

10-3.

I predict a win over the chickenhawks at home, mainly because the thought of having to listen to their stupid God Damned chant at the end of the game just pisses me off too much to predict a loss.

Numbers don't matter much when CU plays @ Moby. They just don't. Hostile atmosphere, and CSU just about always brings it for this game. Won't be easy.

The Buffs should beat Harvard, Wyo, and Zoomies. Tough games but if this team is as good as we think it can be, these are 3 wins.

A top 25 ranking in November means jack ****. The only number that matters for a program like CU is the RPI. Even then that number doesn't matter much until mid-late January, unless you're just a hopeless basketball junkie that can't get enough, which I am. :smile2:

12) December 21st - Oklahoma State (Las Vegas) - Loss (Smart is good. I dont think The Mayor is quite at the same level. OSU should win the Big-12 this year)

Smart is good, true, and so is The Mayor. I have no doubt that the head to head match up in December will make it clear that The Mayor and Smart are on the same level. CU Wins.

Mark it on the calendar, 8-12-2013. When going 9-4 in OOC is considered "horribly pessimistic" at CU.

Do you realize that CU lost to ASU and Oregon St at home last year a loss to Harvard isn't out of the realm of possibility.

OSU was much better than CU last year and returns everybody.

Baylor as discussed above has a top 15 recruiting class and even though CU beat them last year and they missed the tournament they may have been the better team. Plus CU doesn't have an off-season trip to Europe to fall back on this year. I don't think we appreciate how well Charleston went last year b/c of the trip to Europe.

Kansas - Andrew Wiggins

Dinwiddie in all likelihood is a first rounder, but as of today Chad Ford doesn't have him projected there. #38 currently.

While XJ and Scott may be future pros, let's not forget OSU, Baylor and Kansas have future pro's as well.

I've love to say that 10-3 is the "worst" CU will do in OOC, but my reality glasses say otherwise.

13-0---injuries and circumstances will dictate actual record at the
time the game is played. What would the record be if Dinwiddie sprains an ankle---high sprain--- before the first game?

But CU certainly has the horses, not to speak of the coaching, to compete in and win every game. Your prediction about Harvard based up ASU and OSU losses last year, doesn't take into the circumstance during those games with a rather shallow and injured team. Same team humiliated a very good Oregon bunch, even without Roberson, so why not use that game as the standard at home, rather than a couple of sucky losses?

OKSU is just a coach away from being better than the Buffs, on paper. Travis Ford is showing a tendency to do less with more talent just as Ben Howland did! Wiggins No.1? Yeah, sure in HS! Ain't gonna be HS anymore and he's no Kevin Durant (best freshman ever to play in Boulder). Based on the great Shabazz disappointment, it's gonna be "Show me" for Wiggins.

If everybody has "future pros" why do you give an advantage to the other teams' future pros? In each game, CU's talent is right there with their opponent's and in most instances Boyle is a better coach. That being said, why take the "Eeyore" position against the Buffs? As noted, I think every game is 50/50 right now, with pre-game circumstances dictating the initial advantage! So I'll go with 13-0.

time the game is played. What would the record be if Dinwiddie sprains an ankle---high sprain--- before the first game?

But CU certainly has the horses, not to speak of the coaching, to compete in and win every game. Your prediction about Harvard based up ASU and OSU losses last year, doesn't take into the circumstance during those games with a rather shallow and injured team. Same team humiliated a very good Oregon bunch, even without Roberson, so why not use that game as the standard at home, rather than a couple of sucky losses?

OKSU is just a coach away from being better than the Buffs, on paper. Travis Ford is showing a tendency to do less with more talent just as Ben Howland did! Wiggins No.1? Yeah, sure in HS! Ain't gonna be HS anymore and he's no Kevin Durant (best freshman ever to play in Boulder). Based on the great Shabazz disappointment, it's gonna be "Show me" for Wiggins.

If everybody has "future pros" why do you give an advantage to the other teams' future pros? In each game, CU's talent is right there with their opponent's and in most instances Boyle is a better coach. That being said, why take the "Eeyore" position against the Buffs? As noted, I think every game is 50/50 right now, with pre-game circumstances dictating the initial advantage! So I'll go with 13-0.

Post of the year.

I really want to say 13-0. I think it could happen, but I need to see the freshman first. Also need to see Ski snap out of that sophomore funk.

Post of the year.

Agree. Most of the logic was hard for me to follow, clearly over my head, but the thesis is concise, effective, and persuasive:

Claim - The Buffs will go 13-0.
Reason: "I think every game is 50/50 right now, with pre-game circumstances dictating the initial advantage!"

If we start 1-0 against a Top-25 team in Baylor, we have a lot to look forward too. Also is anyone going to the Baylor game? My cousin graduated from there and her and I will be in attendance. I wont be sitting next to her of course.

The point you raise on Travis Ford rings true. I am highly skeptical of Ford as an x's and o's coach from what I've seen. Not a great gameday coach.

The point you raise on Travis Ford rings true. I am highly skeptical of Ford as an x's and o's coach from what I've seen. Not a great gameday coach.

Agreed, but marcus smart is crazy good.

I think the mayor will probably enjoy matching up with him - it'll be a hell of a battle.

OSU, Baylor, UCLA.

Check the ranks, and make sure to differential between consensus top-100, and saying everyone is top 100 or 150 because 1 service thinks so.

OSU and Baylor maybe.....but look at who UCLA hired as coach. Alford has a history of taking great teams and getting as little as humanly possible out of them, especially in March. Just ask Harvard.

OSU and Baylor maybe.....but look at who UCLA hired as coach. Alford has a history of taking great teams and getting as little as humanly possible out of them, especially in March. Just ask Harvard.

the question was talent, who has more talent than us, not who's coaching that talent.

Who all does UCLA have coming back? Kyle Anderson and who else?

Zach Levine coming in, #44 player in the country per rivals.
Jordan Adams #62 in the country in his class per rivals
Tony Parker #27 in the country in his class
Kyle Anderson #3 in his class
Norman Powell #69 in his class
DAvid/Travis Wear ~60 in their class.

I just dont love their guards, they should almost do the reverse CU 4 front court players and a guard.

Things need to break right. The talent's there, but you have to wonder whether Anderson can come into his own as a PG and whether Adams doesn't lose his first step coming off the knee injury.

If they answer those questions positively, we could be looking at a Final Four team.

UCLA will be better without Shabazz this year. I like their team.

No comment on Alford? Think that Alford is hovering in the Howland-mode, doing less with more talent than almost any other "majors" coach. How could last year's UNM squad lose to Hahvahd in a familar venue with a home crowd, no less? And that's not his first blown rodeo.

Agreed, but marcus smart is crazy good.

I think the mayor will probably enjoy matching up with him - it'll be a hell of a battle.

Yes, but Marcus thinks this way, too. Thus, he tries to do too much, almost to the point of being out-of-control at times, paricularly if his team is behind late in a game. Also, if you keep him from driving to the hoop, his FG drops significantly. Was very shocked he didn't go in last year's draft. I thought he'd be #2-3, at worst.

No comment on Alford? Think that Alford is hovering in the Howland-mode, doing less with more talent than almost any other "majors" coach. How could last year's UNM squad lose to Hahvahd in a familar venue with a home crowd, no less? And that's not his first blown rodeo.

The impact of Alford is hard to read. With the prima donnas they get at fUCLA, it seems that a change in coaches usually gives the program an initial bump until the players start tuning the coach out. Howland was awesome for his first several years.

The impact of Alford is hard to read. With the prima donnas they get at fUCLA, it seems that a change in coaches usually gives the program an initial bump until the players start tuning the coach out. Howland was awesome for his first several years.
:nod: His time at UCLA will almost write itself.

Back